• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is time to draw the digital line. Too Human will be out in August and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the game comes out this forum will likely be on fire. So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

I know there are many who feel strongly in opposite camp. I also would ask you to stand up and say “Against”.

When the game is released and everyone plays game all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and gamers in general think the game is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Too Human”.

I would like to make a honorary invitation to EvilLore and Duckroll who help fuel the fire on a regular basis – assuming you both would be “Against”. In the end though, it is your decision and I want to remind everyone that I have an advantage of actually playing the game.

I invite anyone who seeing someone trolling Too Human in other threads to point them here. :D

So it’s time to be stand and be counted:

Denis Dyack - “For”

Yaweee

We had a thread that was basically the same thing yesterday. It got locked, very, very fast.

It might be good when it comes, but it has a lot of convincing to do.

And, no, I'm neither for or against the game. I'm as neutral as neutral can be for somebody that at least knows basic information about the game.

syllogism

I, for one, will be giving it a fair chance despite laughing at the assertion it could substitute for Diablo 3. The hate here gets a bit obnoxious at times for an unreleased game.

Haeleos

Denis... this is just getting embarassing.

Maybe you should put out a demo first before going off like this? Then you could ask a more important question: how many people's minds were actually changed.

goldenpp72

I personally am for too human, I don't really understand why people seem to hate it, but I will say I am disappointed by the removal of 4 player co op Mr. Dyack. If the game is just awesome in every respect it has, then i'll be very happy.

This thread is a bit immature though, I hope that too human is much more mature. All you guys need to do is release a demo that properly showcases what the game has, and I will buy it day one :)

bud

Denis Dyack said:
I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year.

you see, this is why most people are hating on the game, and you. you should learn to be modest.

SPEA

J. M. Romeo said:
For. But you are on thin ice asking this question here. Hope you got either thick skin or a shitload of armor
He's probably rocking an epic set.

For, by the way. Can't wait.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'd like to try out the demo and really dig it, but seriously Denis. Don't pull a Jeff Bell. We all know how that turned out.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Too Human will be the ultimate gaming experience, it will represent a paradigm shift, A PARADIGM SHIFT on how games are designed. Those who do not agree should be rounded up, backs against the wall with cigarettes and blindfolds in tow. THE FUTURE IS NOW!

eve241

J. M. Romeo said:
For. But you are on thin ice asking this question here. Hope you got either thick skin or a shitload of armor

Or simply take GAF for what it is.

Anyways, this is why I love this man. For here :)

Perdew

To be fair it's the first XBox 360 game I'm actually considering purchasing since Rock Band/Ikaruga (I hate FPS games, sorry). It's all going to depend on reviews, though.

Soooo 'neutrally anticipating'?

Cardon

Wow, well sir I salute you for putting such a post out there. Personally I'm interested in the game and I love the core concept but some elements are leaving me a bit wary.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Did I just find a surefire way to get a tag?!? :lol :lol

puebla

bud said:
you see, this is why most people are hating on the game, and you. you should learn to be modest.
is he not supposed to be confident on his own game? that has nothing to do with modesty.

For.

But I don't really expect the Against folks to really post here. They like too mouth off in a circle jerk, but they know that come release day, they'll be eating those words.
And the mods don't want to lose face either, so either they'll reluctantly say "For" or lock this thread.

Haeleos said:
Denis... this is just getting embarassing.

Maybe you should put out a demo first before going off like this?
bud said:

You kids willing to choose a side or not?

LAB06~Popcorn-Posters.jpg

My view is it will be deemed average - a good solid 7-8.

Based on what I've seen the animation is a bit off and the combat hasn't looked too engaging.

However, I was always interested in the premise and story.

I hope it is great, it's a type of game the 360 has been lacking IMO.

I hope to be "For".
I've only seen what seems to be an open room with a large number of enemies over and over for the last few months. I need more.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
wow this is a bit childish.

BTW its unfair only you get Owned by GAF. yet all that go against get Owned By Too Human. I say your stakes a too low.

How about in addition to getting tagged you make a public apology to GAF on a podcast and on your website. I think thats a fair trade

It seems this thread is designed for people to say for since there is no consequences for them.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I played it at E3 a couple of years ago and was pretty 'meh' like most others.
I saw Denis speak at GDC in February and I got a kick out of it :lol

I've enjoyed all of the SK games I've played though, and I have faith in the passion and enthusiasm they put into their games. Plus, I love Norse mythology and story-driven romps.

Toss me a "For"!

Denis Dyack said:
I think it is time to draw the digital line. Too Human will be out in August and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the game comes out this forum will likely be on fire. So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

I don't know...release a demo and I can give you an answer. Unlike most here, however, I think your game has a lot of potential.

Cj70

I'll be buying it, I do like the look of the gameplay and impressions i've seen so far although I am disappointed theres not at least 3 player coop. I'd like to see more of the game.

sh4mike

For.

The world needs more action-RPG loot fests.

Just make sure it's fun to play, Denis. Mass Effect provided a 3rd person shooting experience that was respectable compared to the competition (e.g. Gears of War). TH has a responsibility to give straight-action titles (DMC/NG/GodOfWar) a run for their money.

If it's fun to play, the world will love it. Loot, story, and RPG-elements alone are not enough.

BigAT

For.

In all honesty I'll be probably waiting for a review or two before I definitely pick it up and I'm incredibly disappointed at the lack of 4 player co-op, but I am still pretty excited about the game.

Balls of Steel.

Against.

Nothing against the developers or the game, but its just not a genre that appeals to me I'm afraid. It'll be something that will slip under my radar (unless a demo is released and it rocks my socks off). Good luck with it all though.

andymcc

Banned
Denis Dyack said:

I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

I know there are many who feel strongly in opposite camp. I also would ask you to stand up and say “Against”.

When the game is released and everyone plays game all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and gamers in general think the game is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Too Human”.

I would like to make a honorary invitation to EvilLore and Duckroll who help fuel the fire on a regular basis – assuming you both would be “Against”. In the end though, it is your decision and I want to remind everyone that I have an advantage of actually playing the game.

I invite anyone who seeing someone trolling Too Human in other threads to point them here. :D

So it’s time to be stand and be counted:

Denis Dyack - “For”

Ego-masturbation. Stroke stroke stroke.

Edit: By the way, I am for the game. Ego or not.

Phatcorns

Dude, are you insane? Just make the damn game and let people decide if they like it or not. No developer should be asking whether people are for or against their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom