• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Wii E3 Letter from Matt (Animal Crossing: City Folk)

kottila

Majora said:
What's the deal with scans of 'Next Month' pages in magazines these days? Because the UK ONM pretty much confirms Wii Animal Crossing in their advert for next month.

It's been posted in another thread already

acwiionm.jpg

Vinci

Danish
kottila said:
It's been posted in another thread already

acwiionm.jpg

That ... that looks like a very round area they're standing on. Definitely spherical. Almost like a ball or something else that's round ... a planet maybe ...

DAMN IT, DKEANE, NOW I CAN'T GET ANIMAL CROSSING GALAXY OUT OF MY HEAD!

gabe90

Vinci said:
That ... that looks like a very round area they're standing on. Definitely spherical. Almost like a ball or something else that's round ... a planet maybe ...

DAMN IT, DKEANE, NOW I CAN'T GET ANIMAL CROSSING GALAXY OUT OF MY HEAD!
AC Galaxy would be amazing. I have never really gotten into the AC world, but if they made a hybrid between those two games, I would finally pay more attention the the series.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Staccat0 said:
I call bullshit.
I listen to those things.
He has only said that he KNEW it existed. He predicted it may be shown at E3, but I dont think he ever confirmed it.
Do you guys speak in a russian accent because before today I thought that this shit was a joke.:lol

"Matt, what can we expect from E3?"
"Kid Icarus, how many times do I have to say it? Kid Icarus is going to be there."

Just a quick list of what could be seen at E3, not saying that they all will be there, but they're possibilities I guess:

- Storage Solution, probably not by using the USB, but they might make transferring things to SD cards more efficient and also allow us to use things like VC games straight from the secondary SD card.

- New Wii-Ware stuff, announce 1-2 channels and reveal a few more anticipated Wii-Ware games along side Megaman 9. Maybe Wii Motorsports.

- I'm gonna guess that 2 or 3 out of four of these titles will be shown: Animal Crossing, Pikmin 3, Wii Music, and/or Kid Icarus. They might confirm that all of them exist, though.

- Showcase of either Wii Music, Animal Crossing (though this would probably mean that it introduced a new feature or was more interactive than previous Nintendo games in the online arena), or a new project that is unknown at this time. The game to be the main feature of the show really has to be a wide appeal type of game.

- They might mention that a new handheld is in development, but I doubt anything past that will be displayed.

- Some unexpected DS games, hard to really say what they will be, but we might see some of the un-released Japanese games make a showing. Elite Beat Agents 2?

- A trailer showing of some of the lower-class games that are in development on the Wii, Metroid Prime Hunters Wii (NST), Excite Truck 2 (Monster Games), Mario Party 9 (Hudson), Pokemon: Battle Revolution 2 (Genius Sorority), Geist 2 (n-Space), Baten Kaitos III (Monolith Soft), Chibi Robo 2 (Skip Ltd.), Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball (Exile), and probably a few ones I'm forgetting.... though some of these are really, really stretching it.

- Some third party games, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - The Crystal Bearers (SE), Castlevania: Judgement (Konami), Little King's Story (Marvelous), No More Heroes 2 (Grasshopper), Harvest Moon Wii (Natsume), Mad World (Sega), Prince of Persia Wii (Ubisoft), Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucas Arts), Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Lucas Arts), Deadly Creatures (THQ), The Conduit (High Voltage), de Blob (THQ), Samba de Amigo (Sega), Mushroom Men (Gamecock), Sonic Unleashed (Sega), Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (Namco), Spyborgs (Capcom), Monster Hunter III (Capcom), and probably a few I'm forgetting...

- Just to throw the whole caboodle in other possible franchises Nintendo could bring up: Pilotwings, Punch-Out, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, F-Zero, Star Tropics, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sports ______, Eternal Darkness, Marionette, Paper Mario, and Mario Paint. A mainline Zelda might be there, but that has a very slim chance, same with Mario.

- Kingdom Hearts 3?

*Mind you, these aren't my expectations, but just what could possibly be shown. Of course, there are always surprises and new franchises that will pop up, but you can't really predict when they will and by who, so those aren't really on there. Anyone see any other things I skimmed over?

tim1138

Stopsign said:
Just a quick list of what could be seen at E3, not saying that they all will be there, but they're possibilities I guess:

- Storage Solution, probably not by using the USB, but they might make transferring things to SD cards more efficient and also allow us to use things like VC games straight from the secondary SD card.

- New Wii-Ware stuff, announce 1-2 channels and reveal a few more anticipated Wii-Ware games along side Megaman 9. Maybe Wii Motorsports.

- I'm gonna guess that 2 or 3 out of four of these titles will be shown: Animal Crossing, Pikmin 3, Wii Music, and/or Kid Icarus. They might confirm that all of them exist, though.

- Showcase of either Wii Music, Animal Crossing (though this would probably mean that it introduced a new feature or was more interactive than previous Nintendo games in the online arena), or a new project that is unknown at this time. The game to be the main feature of the show really has to be a wide appeal type of game.

- They might mention that a new handheld is in development, but I doubt anything past that will be displayed.

- Some unexpected DS games, hard to really say what they will be, but we might see some of the un-released Japanese games make a showing. Elite Beat Agents 2?

- A trailer showing of some of the lower-class games that are in development on the Wii, Metroid Prime Hunters Wii (NST), Excite Truck 2 (Monster Games), Mario Party 9 (Hudson), Pokemon: Battle Revolution 2 (Genius Sorority), Geist 2 (n-Space), Baten Kaitos III (Monolith Soft), Chibi Robo 2 (Skip Ltd.), Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball (Exile), and probably a few ones I'm forgetting.... though some of these are really, really stretching it.

- Some third party games, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - The Crystal Bearers (SE), Castlevania: Judgement (Konami), Little King's Story (Marvelous), No More Heroes 2 (Grasshopper), Harvest Moon Wii (Natsume), Mad World (Sega), Prince of Persia Wii (Ubisoft), Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucas Arts), Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Lucas Arts), Deadly Creatures (THQ), The Conduit (High Voltage), de Blob (THQ), Samba de Amigo (Sega), Mushroom Men (Gamecock), Sonic Unleashed (Sega), Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (Namco), Spyborgs (Capcom), Monster Hunter III (Capcom), and probably a few I'm forgetting...

- Just to throw the whole caboodle in other possible franchises Nintendo could bring up: Pilotwings, Punch-Out, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, F-Zero, Star Tropics, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sports ______, Eternal Darkness, Marionette, Paper Mario, and Mario Paint. A mainline Zelda might be there, but that has a very slim chance, same with Mario.

- Kingdom Hearts 3?

*Mind you, these aren't my expectations, but just what could possibly be shown. Of course, there are always surprises and new franchises that will pop up, but you can't really predict when they will and by who, so those aren't really on there. Anyone see any other things I skimmed over?

I would kill for a new console Chibi Robo game.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Stopsign said:

- Kingdom Hearts 3?

Please be right. The only part of this that seems really unlikely is No More Heroes 2. Other than that, very good list.

Vinci

Danish
Scribble said:
I wish, Stopsign.

We obviously wish BIG around here, 'cause I'd be shocked if half of that happens. I'd be happy with half, but yeah, that's way too much awesome to happen in one game show, particularly one like E3 which is waning in popularity.

d+pad

kottila said:

I'd actually be very happy if Animal Crossing Wii looked like this - "like the GC version," as some have said, but w/ higher quality textures and whatnot.

That's not to say I wouldn't mind a visual overall, but considering the IP now has a certain look associated with it, I can see Nintendo sticking close to the N64/GC/DS "look" we're already used to...

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I wonder if Mat Casasmasisisinanana knows anything new about that "creep" voice chat option nintendo was supossedly working on. Will Animal Crossing help to hype the hardcore by featuring both storage AND VOICE CHAT?
I only ask, because its about time we saw something, because he was bitching about that (and claimed to see progress) before he started bitching about storage issues.
Interestingly, aside from the sarcastic new name for the podcast he hasnt mentioned it in a long while.
If anyone here is an IGN Insider I'm sure everyone here would agree that "what ever happened to that voice option you mentioned in the past? Canned?" would be far more interesting than the questions most of those fuckers ask wich are usually easily answered by google or a retread.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
On a possibly related note, banned site points to this craigslist post:

Video Game Tester/Proof Reader Job Description:

Aerotek in partnership with Nintendo of America are looking for creative individuals to work with others to help spot inconsistencies in video game text. You will be responsible for playing the game and finding text problems such as spelling, punctuation, grammar and context.

Individuals qualified for this position will have a strong attention to detail and have a love for video games, familiarity with RPG's or just games that have a lot of text/storylines/tutorials is a plus. Copy editing experience is also a plus, as well as someone who knows character/dialogue.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/wri/733914101.html

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Knowing ONM it will probably be a ten page feature on how to care for and maintain your Animal Crossing DS village.

This is probably exactly what it is. The text at the top of the image is likely literal. Revisiting ACWW. Fucking ONM.

Andrex said:
Please be right. The only part of this that seems really unlikely is No More Heroes 2. Other than that, very good list.

I put that in there because Suda said that he was very happy with No More Heroes sales and that he wanted to elaborate on the idea with a slightly larger budget. I'm not completely sure where I read that, but I do specifically remember him saying that.

Vinci said:
We obviously wish BIG around here, 'cause I'd be shocked if half of that happens. I'd be happy with half, but yeah, that's way too much awesome to happen in one game show, particularly one like E3 which is waning in popularity.

I never said that all of those things would happen. It would make me quite joyous for just a few of those things to happen. If you remember what Nintendo did last year, they had a rather boring conference, but quietly announced a bunch of cool games immediately after such as Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Professor Layton, and I think Forever Blue or whatever the hell it's called. Personally, it would be a surprise if they didn't do something of the same nature this E3. Nintendo has a shit-ton of studios like NST, Monster Games, Monolith, and even n-Space that have remained quiet for long spans of time, so I do expect some smaller games to sneak in at the end.

I forgot to add these, but both Wave Race and 1080 Snowboarding have a fantastic chance with the Wii Board. It wouldn't be that big of a surprise to see those.

Wow, reading my last post I now just realize what potential Nintendo is missing out on. They better show of some of their other franchises or I'll be ticked. :p

Stopsign said:
I put that in there because Suda said that he was very happy with No More Heroes sales and that he wanted to elaborate on the idea with a slightly larger budget. I'm not completely sure where I read that, but I do specifically remember him saying that.

Initially Suda was upset with poor sales on NMH in Japan, but after the US version released Marvelous celebrated its sales. As far as I know, the team is happy with its sales, so it's hopefully more likely now that we'll see a sequal. But I very much doubt it'd be ready to show at E3, if it is indeed in development.

Stopsign said:
I never said that all of those things would happen. It would make me quite joyous for just a few of those things to happen. If you remember what Nintendo did last year, they had a rather boring conference, but quietly announced a bunch of cool games immediately after such as Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Professor Layton, and I think Forever Blue or whatever the hell it's called. Personally, it would be a surprise if they didn't do something of the same nature this E3. Nintendo has a shit-ton of studios like NST, Monster Games, Monolith, and even n-Space that have remained quiet for long spans of time, so I do expect some smaller games to sneak in at the end.

I forgot to add these, but both Wave Race and 1080 Snowboarding have a fantastic chance with the Wii Board. It wouldn't be that big of a surprise to see those.

Actually we knew about Endless Ocean (Forever Blue) back in 2006, but I agree, it's a trend of Nintendo's to not reveal everything at their conference. Super Smash Bros. Brawl in particular comes to mind.

Apparently there's a game called Wii Summit in development. Given the "Wii" name, it appears to be 1st party, so I expect we'll see it at E3. Judging by the name it will probably be a skiing/snowboarding game in the vein of 1080, albeit simplified.

rakka

jarosh said:
i'm interested in whatever the mario galaxy team and retro are up to.
yeah, pretty much.

also if AC / Pikmin are their spotlights for this e3 i'm going to be dissappointed.

Soule

rakka said:
yeah, pretty much.

also if AC / Pikmin are their spotlights for this e3 i'm going to be dissappointed.
I wouldn't be disappointed in more pikmin. Although I'd expect to see a Wii____ game up there as well which would be cool to see, if AC/Pikmin/Wii___ is there line up I'll be content.

camineet

Banned
Notice that Matt did not utter the Z word in his letter.

Thus, a Zelda E3 2008 reveal, confirmed
not
to happen!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
camineet said:
Notice that Matt did not utter the Z word in his letter.

Thus, a Zelda E3 2008 reveal, confirmed
not
to happen!

voflogo.jpg

;) Just kidding.

In the E3 roundtable they don't say either Kid Icarus no Animal Crossing are going to be unveiled, seems they're backing off?

Andrex said:

Thanks!

Well, they do say this:

We're excited to finally see and play a number of officially announced Wii and DS games, but we're really anticipating the projects that haven't been officially set for E3 2008. We've heard rumors of a new Kid Icarus title. We're pretty sure the Wii version of Animal Crossing will be there. Wii Music is practically a shoe-in at this point. And if we're lucky, we might even see the next installment in the Pikmin franchise.

It seems like they still think those two might make an appearance, but are by no means certain.

ivysaur12

Banned
Stopsign said:

- Kingdom Hearts 3?

If that all happened, GAF would have a 500 Server Error for the next six months.

And if Baten Kaitos III is ever announced, I might go into cardiac arrest

Animal Crossing's set-up should be a world thing. Like, make it much, much bigger (where you can travel outside of the village, which would be large in its own right with more things to do), add stuff like a forest, a lake, a desert, a snowy area, etc., and let the player actually travel around the world to the point where you could go straight from your house until you reached your house (well, not so straight that you would go through water). And of course, the ocean, forests, and deserts would have much rarer items than in town (like rarer fossils, bugs, and fish).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
A Link to the Snitch said:
Animal Crossing's set-up should be a world thing. Like, make it much, much bigger (where you can travel outside of the village, which would be large in its own right with more things to do), add stuff like a forest, a lake, a desert, a snowy area, etc., and let the player actually travel around the world to the point where you could go straight from your house until you reached your house (well, not so straight that you would go through water). And of course, the ocean, forests, and deserts would have much rarer items than in town (like rarer fossils, bugs, and fish).

Well, Animal Crossing for Wii's full title is Animal Crossing: City Folk, if that gives you any idea...

Amir0x

Banned
I guess revealing the title of the next Animal Crossing is a big thing around the nintendofanaticswhohategameplay front. I think people will take your post Kagari and dissect it all around the internet.

Amir0x said:
I guess revealing the title of the next Animal Crossing is a big thing around the nintendofanaticswhohategameplay front. I think people will take your post Kagari and dissect it all around the internet.

I played Animal Crossing more than I played Mother 3 :D and loved it

fires up AC DS ;p

Amir0x

Banned
Smiles and Cries, you know if you join that team we can never associate again. There's a line and if it's crossed... no turning back!

(Edit: I branded this thread for future reference and easy searching)

Top Bottom