• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In December of 1991, Jimmy Peterford of Glen Cove, NY predicted the future!

(Note: I know the mag scans are not normally allowed. As these are from over fifteen years ago, I imagine that there is no problem. If there is, let me know. Please do not ban me.)

So, a bit earlier in the day, I was going through some of my old issues of Nintendo Power. I decided to read through the letters to the editor from the December 1991 issue. (See my scan of the cover at the bottom of this post.)

Then, I noticed something unusual and wonderful. In an otherwise-insane stream-of-consciousness rant from "Jimmy Peterford" (of Glen Cove, NY), there is a startling glimpse of the future. Behold (read carefully):

YGNeryn.jpg

Yes, it is no lie. He did indeed predict the future. Just ignore the insanity surrounding it.

For those of you who are interested in which issue this occurred in:

8RRzicG.jpg

Bootaaay said:
I'd hardly call it predicting the future, 'Galaxy' is a very short leap from 'World' & 'Land' :p

Out of curiosity, who peed in your cereal this morning? The Lucky Charms leprechaun or that dastardly rabbit from Trix?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
TruthJunky said:
Oh, really? Because I was genuinely claiming that he predicted the future.

he did seem to foresee the virtual console concept!

Wired

TruthJunky said:
Oh, really? Because I was genuinely claiming that he predicted the future.

Yeah, we know. That's why Bootaaay pointed out that just simply mentioning "Galaxy" wasn't in any way enough to claim that someone predicted the future. If you think about it Galaxy is not really a big leap considering the previous games. Kind of silly of you to begin with, no offense, but actually predicting the future is impossible. Go back to GameFAQs.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
maxax said:
GOOD LORD, how can you want that?
Well, we're up to 16 if you count d-pad directions as a button. 17 if you count the home buttons on 360/PS3 controllers. Just ten more buttons to go! That would make this scheme even more insane:

20070608.jpg

datruth29

TruthJunky said:
Another find:

He predicts six 27-button controllers. 6x27 = 162.

162 = the number of games in a baseball season.

Baseball = Nintendo's favorite sport. (You know, they own the Mariners.)
Wow. You deserve a medal for that shit...

Christine

Now, a boy like Jimmy has just got to be a GAFer. C'mon Jimmy, we know you're reading this - step up and take credit for your prediction.

Concept17

XiaNaphryz said:
Well, we're up to 16 if you count d-pad directions as a button. 17 if you count the home buttons on 360/PS3 controllers. Just ten more buttons to go! That would make this scheme even more insane:

20070608.jpg

Oh my god...

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Super Mario Universe

I called it.

but what comes after Super Mario Universe?

Super Mario Atom?

Code:
There would be a miniature band inside

Holy shit! He even knew about the Pikmins!

Code:
The game would come with 6, 27 button controllers.

27/6 = 4.5

4.5 * 2 (Wiimote and nunchuk) is 9!

There are 8 degrees of linear motion in the wiimote, plus the infrared pointer = 9

Mind blown!

Chairman85

XiaNaphryz said:

20070608.jpg
Super Pause?

Dai Kaiju

XiaNaphryz said:

20070608.jpg

Choke pixie? I'm dying here :lol

Top Bottom