• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google starts new initiative to change the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
...or rather, help people change the world.

http://www.project10tothe100.com/index.html

Sounds like they're taking ideas from now until October 20, cover them in Google magic until January, when some sort of voting will occur.

They're dedicating 10 million to some of the ideas.

1. Send us your idea by October 20th.
Simply fill out the submission form giving us the gist of your idea. You can supplement your proposal with a 30-second video.

2. Voting on ideas begins on January 27th.
We'll post a selection of one hundred ideas and ask you, the public, to choose twenty semi-finalists. Then an advisory board will select up to five final ideas. Send me a reminder to vote.

3. We'll help bring these ideas to life.
We're committing $10 million to implement these projects, and our goal is to help as many people as possible. So remember, money may provide a jumpstart, but the idea is the thing.

picture740f14.png

Consider me interested and intrigued. This is pretty huge for something open to the public.

btkadams

if any company is to own the world and have a monopoly in the computer industry, namely the OS part of the computer industry..... I WANT IT TO BE GOOGLE

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
DeEJaYMiND said:

What do you mean why?

I was pointing out that I'd be stunned if more people weren't interested in this initiative. I can't see what's not to be excited about.

Aegus

I imagine Google to be like "Friend" from the 20th Century Boys manga.

That Chromo browser is actually converting components of your PC into some sort of acid to be sprayed in your face. If you have a webcam it gets sprayed right into your eyes.

jts

...hate me...
I just had this idea.

If we grease the floor well enough we should be able to reduce the friction between us and the earth to the point that its own rotation will take away the land from our feet; thus we'll be travelling from A to B without moving and without wasting energy.

what do ya think gaf

jts

...hate me...
fistfulofmetal said:
"From the eternal sea he rises..."

Can a company be considered a "he"?
Can the internet be considered an "eternal sea"?
Can she "slap"?

NotWii

Banned
A great initiative, but I still don't trust Google.

ImperialConquest said:
Google is definitely on the side of good.
I dunno... Only an evil company would have the motto 'Don't be evil'

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Hrm. It's nice to see a company such as Google do something like this, but how many ideas will forever remain just that?

Grug

fistfulofmetal said:
"From the eternal sea he rises..."

Can a company be considered a "he"?
Can the internet be considered an "eternal sea"?

Take it to Rapture Ready fundy.

Mash

Good old Google. Seems like a really good idea, but if they really want the internet's help they have to somehow give people an excuse to wear Guy Fawkes masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom