• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I have this controller...

Nikashi

Banned
I picked it up when I was at EA (The 'equipment manager', after we found out the controller was non working, gave it to me on request.) It's an Xbox controller, original 'Duke' style, only it has a few differences. The plastic is much more of a 'grey', the cable is much more green, and there's actually a jewel in the center. What do you guys think? I'm not looking to sell it, just wondering about rarity, what exactly I have here.

Xboxcontroller.jpg

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Kinda reminds me of the Japanese controller. I'm pretty sure GameStop sold these a while back. I could be wrong, I'm basing this off my fuzzy memory of a few years back.

StRaNgE

Banned
mine looks almost the same, it has green and black (more black) in the jewel .

i like it's white and black button placement so much more then the s controllers.

TekunoRobby said:
Kinda reminds me of the Japanese controller. I'm pretty sure GameStop sold these a while back. I could be wrong, I'm basing this off my fuzzy memory of a few years back.

The "Japanese Controller" is the Controller S.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
StrikerObi said:
The "Japanese Controller" is the Controller S.
Yay, this is why I said it kinda reminded me of the Japanese one and not that it was.

I remember GameStop selling the S controllers a while back with the same cord color scheme and jewel in the center and the packaging appearing to be of Japanese release. IIRC other stores such as Best Buy and EB had the same controllers as well.

I did find an original controller (used of course) at a GameStop, just like the one Nikashi pictured, but the controller didn't function properly and I returned it promptly.

Japanese Xbox Controller:
japanesexboxcontroller_031802_01.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm pretty sure that is just a controller that matches the dev-kits. They are all a bit different than the retail xboxes.

Long live the Duke!!

Anytime I see a Duke in really good condition somewhere I buy it. Sucks that I have no option to buy them new at retail anymore.

Top Bottom