• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rising Star Games announces a behemoth of games set for a PAL release!

October 13th 2008 - Rising Star Games and Marvelous Entertainment today hailed their overseas media event at this year’s Tokyo Games Show a success and feels buoyed by the positive reactions received for the products on show. Featuring playable code of the previously announced Little King’s Story for the very first time, there was also a debut for Muramasa: The Demon Blade to western audiences as well as the announcement of No More Heroes 2 by creator Suda51 himself. All three titles will be published by Rising Star Games in PAL territories during 2009/10.

Based on ancient Japanese lore, Muramasa: The Demon Blade plunges players into the mystical Genroku era, ruled by the skilled shogun Tsunayoshi Tokogawa. However, this culture is threatened; Tokogawa’s thirst for power leads to a conflict over the enormously powerful, though cursed, Demon Blades. Used in hatred, drenched in blood, the cursed blades condemn those who use them to tragedy, madness and untimely death. Featuring hand-drawn 2D art reflecting the heritage and tone of the storyline, Muramasa transports players into the mythology envisioned by the creators of the highly praised Odin Sphere. Players take on the role of a male ninja or female kunoichi, utilising their ninja prowess to traverse the clever side-scrolling levels that feature vertical progression as well as the traditional horizontal stage advancement.

Garnering the biggest reaction of the night was the announcement of a sequel to the critically acclaimed Wii-exclusive No More Heroes. Taking place three years after the end of the first title, No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle sees hero Travis Touchdown embark on a mission of revenge following the murder of his best friend. Featuring improvements to the game engine and graphics, Suda51 also promises a far busier Santa Destroy, much darker tone and also a few surprises to come.

“We’re extremely happy with the interest shown for this event,” enthused Martin Defries, managing director of Rising Star Games. “We knew there was a lot of interest in this event from the number of journalists who confirmed their attendance in advance, both through us within Europe as well as on Marvelous’ side, but we didn’t expect the place to be packed out!”

Rising Star Games can also confirm an additional ten titles to be released along with the three on show. Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP), Steal Princess (DS), Luminous Arc 2 (DS), Avalon Code (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Discipline (WiiWare), Hero for 30sec (PSP), Valhalla Knights: Elder Saga (Wii), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii) and Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) are all planned for 2009/10.

WOW, and even Discipline as well before an NA announcement too! o_O

Edit: There, bolded. :p

near

Gold Member
Yay, I was worried that we wasn't going to get Muramasa: The Demon Blade, but now thats out of the way, we're getting the awesomeness of Discipline as well!?

By the way, what on earth is Hero for 30sec (PSP)?

Danj

OP needs to either make a bulleted list of the games, or bold the bits in the article, I was reading it and couldn't figure out why everyone was so excited until I got to the end and saw the shitloads of game titles.

-Kh-

Banned
Wow, so much love from RSG for Euroland, that's awesome.

2009(/10) the year of the RPG for Wii, great :D

Emotions

Wow, awesome.....
Can't wait for the US annoucements of Steel Princess and Vallhala Knights Wii. Probably by
XSeed or could be someone else like the US localization of Lux-Pain isn't being done by XSeed.

Steal Princess?

Yeah...uh, hrmm. I guess there are worse titles you could localize...and maybe Climax worked on it to make it better (hah!)...

Hell yeah ! Awesome line-up :D . I think I might very well be getting more games from RSG this coming year than from any other publisher... Go RSG !

Don

D-X said:
Uncut NMH2 please, don't make me import again... ah who am I kidding?
I'm pretty sure Suda already said that there would be two versions released in Europe, with one being censored and the other uncensored.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Gosh damn Marvelous/Rising Star/XSeed are so hot right now.

Listen, employed lurkers: I work in the industry, you need to PM me so we can have a conversation about possible opportunities together :lol

Can't wait for NMH2.

Hive

Banned
Steal Princess is so mine ^o^ Hopefully they can take some time to tweak/add/fix a few things that were sorta wacky about the J-release~

There is a stage-create mode that sounds promising too~

Hero for 30sec (PSP)

I keep hoping that this is a localized name for Namaikida but I don't think MMV/RSG can be that awesome.

So it must be one obscure MMV game...but the only one they have released and isn't on track for Europe is Umihawa Kawase Portable / Yumi's Odd Odyssey. Hero for 30sec doesn't really sound like that game, does it?

Aru

Did someone buy the japanese version of Steal Princess ?
Is it good ?

I'm so sad that Climax canceled Landstalker's remake to make this :(

D-X

Don said:
I'm pretty sure Suda already said that there would be two versions released in Europe, with one being censored and the other uncensored.

I certainly hope so, I wouldn't want to start 2 years of bitching at Rising Star now. Other than their decision to bring us the Japanese version of the original I think they're doing a good job.

jesusraz

Aru said:
Did someone buy the japanese version of Steal Princess ?
Is it good ?

I'm so sad that Climax canceled Landstalker's remake to make this :(
It's pretty fun from the short amount of time I spent with it when it launched. The simple stage-by-stage action works quite well.

Top Bottom