• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida: "We have 5 RPGs internally being developed." Ruh oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

In the latest interview with Shuhei Yoshida, he confirms Sony has five games that will cater to the RPG crowd.

A direct, not entirely accurate reading, of the snippet.

--
FM - A strong interest here in Japan is in role playing or deep strategy based games, why has Sony not played to these strengths with the Ps3?

Shuhei Yoshida - The inception of a console is one of trial and error. It is never one set path one takes to success and success should never come from an easy path. When a new console is introduced into the market it is expected of it to do well and to try new things in the process. We have tried many new things with the PS3 and will continue to try an introduce more western style games here to the Japanese market. With that said we are not ruling out our fanbase and their needs we are very aware of what they want and are working internally to create software that fits their needs.

FM - Anything you can speak of here?

Shuhei Yoshida - Names, no. But we have 5 projects underway inside of Sony that will cater to the fanbase you have described. We are also working with 3rd party to ensure we have those kinds of games coming in from their studios as well.

--

:D :D http://www.vgtilt.com/2008/11/5-rpgs-being-worked-internally-at-sony.html

Tailzo

I hope they will be good, and released before 2010. Still this can only be good news for us jrpg fans.

edit: Hopefully the transelation isn't wrong.

Why Ruh oh!? Did I miss something?

This is good right? All Secret PS3 Game jokes aside, of course...unless that was the ruh oh.

Nif

Wow, looks like they solved the Metal Gear riddle, too:

Lucky for me I don't care either way. But lucky for you Ps3 fans I have it on good word that the rumor is just that and that the next game will not be for any next gen system at all... Furthermore I have it on good word that "IF" and that is only and "IF" Metal Gear solid was to show up on another system it would be the online counterpart repackaged with some offline missions on the side.

edit: and exposing 360 installs for the evil it truly is http://www.vgtilt.com/2008/11/why-nxes-install-feature-fails.html

Jonnyram said:
:lol that site is amazing.
Totally unbiased. Check out the top 50 games of all time.

Well thuway picked it out so I figured something was up.

Seriously now:

VG Tilt said:
You decided guys... is MGS4 really worth this much stress and worry? To me, knowing everything that I know about Sony's upcoming future now, it means little to none. MGS is an after thought to what Sony's console is about to give us.

:lol

Oh Lord with practically every update they clearly wear their allegiance on their sleeve. I'd be embarassed to take anything on this site seriously.

Nif said:

One choice snippet:

this shit blog said:
Recently Microsoft has been on a bender about how they've sold 25 million xbox 360's in 3 years time... That in itself isn't that great, but since the sun is shining on their cats ass right now let's pretend it is. I mean, would you take cake from a retard? No... Same difference here.

DCharlie

Banned
Recently Microsoft has been on a bender about how they've sold 25 million xbox 360's in 3 years time... That in itself isn't that great,

yes, the ideal sales figures right now are around 16-17 milllion.

only a truly talented company with amazing management ,such as Sony, and the best games available, like the PS3, could have hit that target.

MS have overshot that with these frankly terrible sales.

AHHHH from the site itself (Silogon's profile) :

I am a semi successful screenwriter. I am the lead guitarist in a local band here in Kansas City and I am also an aspiring stand up comedian. Many people who come here will no doubt know me as the most hated forum member of all time over at N4g. This blog is actually inspired by many of the regular members over there. I look to spend some quality time working on my creative writing and communication skills through this outlet and also inform and give you all a few laughs while I'm at it.

it's a comedy site! i've been saying for a while there is gold in them hills, props for an awesome effort.

oh, but some times serious, his RE5 comments are BANG on mark. Props.

LOL @ Vgtilt :lol

I read that it's some guy from N4G that created that blog.

i guess that guy is Silogon xD

So I don't trust his words at all.

Whoever runs that site does know something because he completely nailed the Uncharted 2 unveiling when he posted about it back in October.

Oh and by the way.
Where is the source for this interview?

I tried to google one but all I got was a forum post in VGCHARTZZZ of all places. The source they cited was VGTilt so uhh..there you go?

Tenden

SolidSnakex said:
Whoever runs that site does know something because he completely nailed the Uncharted 2 unveiling when he posted about it back in October.
I was about to post this...

SolidSnakex said:

This:

shit blog said:
*note: that is real time gameplay, kids... Here's a tissue for all you gears of war fanboys*

I don't like dealing in rumors and we've seen a lot of those types of people come and go now Surfer Girl, Games Blow, Skater Boy and a host of others. But I have word from a pretty damn good source that Uncharted 2 is set to make a playable appearance at GDC 09' coming up and will be officially unveiled by a major publication in December. Also, word has it from ol' buddy that at the VGA's the game will have a new teaser trailer for the game leading inward.

Set in the Snowy Mountains of a yet to be disclosed area, he said Uncharted 2 is going to be 50% uncharted, 25% Cliff Hanger and 25% Metal Gear Solid 4. He's seen it in action and it looks brilliant.

Again, nothing more than that... but it sounds logical. Ol' buddy said it won't be the only game Naughtydog shows off next year, either. Jak perhaps?

outweighs this?

shit blog said:
Xbox 360's NXE Avatars are pretty homoerotic. Why you ask? Cause they're faggot.

Yeah, he knows something alright.

gregor7777 said:
This:

outweighs this?

Yes, because one is an opinion and the other is him somehow completely nailing a description of a game that wasn't unveiled until recently. He nailed the location style, when it'd be unveiled and the fact that it was going to have stealth implemented into it. That's pretty significant. You don't just guess something like that.

Haunted

That blog makes sonydefenceforce.com look positively objective.

Still, should be pretty easy to get confirmation on the source of that Yoshida interview. Even a shitty blog can copy paste actual information once in a while. :)

klee123

gregor7777 said:
This:

outweighs this?

You're comparing his opinion of of the NXE to information which ended up being true. Awesome comparison there.

klee123 said:
You're comparing his opinion of of the NXE to information which ended up being true. Awesome comparison there.

More the actual content of the opinion.

But hey, come for your Uncharted 2 info, stay for the homophobia!

Haunted

TheIroning said:
great site, bookmarking
eledees1.gif

Sony doesn't develop many internal JRPG's. They usually grab 3rd party developers to make games for them. Like they're doing with WKC (L5), Demon's Souls (From Software), and have done in the past with Wild Arms (Media.Vision).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom