• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted 2 INFO-- GI

beast786

maddoggnick96 on Gamefaqs.com has posted some info from the new GI magazine:

- The biggest thing in the article IMO is that there's a new girl named Chloe Frazer. GI asked about Elena and Sully's return but they had no comment.
- The story is about looking for the ships that Marco Polo "lost" while returning home to Italy.
- Melee combat is more dynamic now.
- They mentioned they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.
- A demo was shown to GI with Drake going through a city (I believe in Nepal), and he's stealthily taking out guards and escaping the city.
- Nolan North returns to be Drake and Chloe Frazer is played by Claudia Black (Stargate SG-1, Fargate).
- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades.
- One of the weapons revealed is a rocket launcher that Chloe uses (might only be for the cinematic).
- There are no load screens.
- The score is being composed by Greg Edmonson (same guy from the first one).
- Weapons can be used in any stance (running, behind cover, hanging, climbing a wall, etc.).
- You can now move while aiming behind cover.

"In Uncharted 2, every character fully interacts with the dynamic geometry moving around them, and environments in the background are real parts of the game world"

"If Drake's on top of a train, he's going to be shaking with the train as it moves around"
"As he gets inside, his moveset is going to change, and he's going to be a lot more secure because the wind's not blowing."

- The graphics look better than Uncharted 1.
- Button sequence cinematics such as the final boss have changed so now Drake is now fully controllable in these parts...I think (This one's also hard to describe).
- Climbing seems improved upon. You can climb lamp posts now among other new things.
- If there is an enemy patrolling a rooftop you're climbing a wall to, you can pull him off the roof while hanging on the wall.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/?do=show_thread&id=541883

Das-J

Law of the West
Is this issue of GI going out to subscribers yet?! Here's hoping there's a copy in my mailbox when I get home! :D

Orlics

beast786 said:
- They mentioned they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.

PERCENTAGES ALL OVER MY FACE

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If what I seen is anything to go by, the game will look incredible. I can't wait see it in motion.

NeoZylom said:
Good to hear! But, no load screens = probably installation :(
And? That's why PS3's ship with HDDs in the box. Or do like I did and upgrade dirt cheap for a bigger HDD.

SSM25 said:
wat!>, this is naughty dog dude.
True, but an install would be welcome if it's going to help them.

Akia

The best part of the new info is: no mention of a multiplayer mode.

I want this game so freaking bad.

YYZ

beast786 said:
ie1njd.gif

NeoZylom

LiquidMetal14 said:
If what I seen is anything to go by, the game will look incredible. I can't wait see it in motion.

And? That's why PS3's ship with HDDs in the box. Or do like I did and upgrade dirt cheap for a bigger HDD.

Well, installations don't bother me that much, but I kinda dislike the "MGS-4" installation-like ...

DMczaf

Can developers stop saying crap like this? :|

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dirtbag said:
:lol

such bullshit
More than likely but look at KZ2. If that using only 60% of the SPU's then Uncharted will look stunning. I don't believe the 100% claim though.

Also, they're probably referring to physics and other CPU intensive activities that may take it much further than KZ2 did.

NeoZylom said:
Well, installations don't bother me that much, but I kinda dislike the "MGS-4" installation-like ...
I totally agree there and would think ND would go the route they took with the first game.

alba

Little is the new Big
wow, awesome :)

I can't wait for more infos and the trailer :D:D

and ofcourse this thread lacks of UNCHARTED!!111RAWR!!11 :(

JudgeN

beast786 said:

- The biggest thing in the article IMO is that there's a new girl named Chloe Frazer. GI asked about Elena and Sully's return but they had no comment.
- The story is about looking for the ships that Marco Polo "lost" while returning home to Italy.
- A demo was shown to GI with Drake going through a city (I believe in Nepal), and he's stealthily taking out guards and escaping the city.
- Nolan North returns to be Drake and Chloe Frazer is played by Claudia Black (Stargate SG-1, Fargate).
- One of the weapons revealed is a rocket launcher that Chloe uses (might only be for the cinematic).
- Weapons can be used in any stance (running, behind cover, hanging, climbing a wall, etc.).

"In Uncharted 2, every character fully interacts with the dynamic geometry moving around them, and environments in the background are real parts of the game world"

"If Drake's on top of a train, he's going to be shaking with the train as it moves around"
"As he gets inside, his moveset is going to change, and he's going to be a lot more secure because the wind's not blowing."

- Button sequence cinematics such as the final boss have changed so now Drake is now fully controllable in these parts...I think (This one's also hard to describe).
- Climbing seems improved upon. You can climb lamp posts now among other new things.
- If there is an enemy patrolling a rooftop you're climbing a wall to, you can pull him off the roof while hanging on the wall.

That is fantastic news, he did a amazing job with the first game score.

NeoZylom

About the %, Guerilla said they were using 60% of the SPU (If I remember well)... So I don't think Naughty Dog will use 100% ...

RavenFox

Banned
Yes we all know the magical 100percenta is not going to be reached but Im sure the dev diarys that will come will elaborate more on this.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
beast786 said:

Nice Naughty Dog, this is what I want. Animations and how characters react in a dynamic environment, including AI, is the big step we need to take because all the fancy graphics are not worth much if nothing moves really convincingly. *thumbsup*!

LIES

That is from the Jim Jagger reel, which was Splinter Cell animations.

Prine

Banned
I didnt like the plastic look of everything in Uncharted, i hope they tone that down.

One thing that stood out for me is when Drake says what your thinking, combining his and your thoughts was a stroke of genius (first time i've seen this in a game), perfect way to get you into the mood. Especially when a grenade lands near you and your like "Oh shit", then Drakes shouts "OH SHIT!"

Very polished game.

bounchfx

beast786 said:

it still makes me chuckle when I hear stuff like this. sigh. yeah ok guys.

Madman

Just cut out that percentage comment. Otherwise, the thread will continue the way it started.

Game sounds awesome.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Don't trust this guy, the part about pulling people off ledges is from the Jim Jagger reel, which was Splinter Cell animations.

Loudninja

Madman said:
Just cut out that percentage comment. Otherwise, the thread will continue the way it started.

Game sounds awesome.

Yeah might as well, for some reason people cant read passed that.

RavenFox

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Don't trust this guy, the part about pulling people off ledges is from the Jim Jagger reel, which was Splinter Cell animations.
So this news is fake? I thought this was posted in GI?

Dirtbag

Ether_Snake said:

I'm confused.
So the issue of Game Informer was incorrect in their reporting, or the OP (or his source) is full of shit?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
RavenFox said:
So this news is fake? I thought this was posted in GI?

Maybe some of it fake? But that "pull people off ledges" thing is probably 100% fake, as well as the "climb lamp posts" thing.

Wait till someone here gets the magazine.

Top Bottom