• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An interesting thought. [TatsuCap Related]

Azure J

Well, as I was talking with a few people online during a live feed of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom recently, an idea came from one of the members in the chat. It's lazily copy-pasta'd below:

As some of us were watching Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on the live JTV channel an idea came to mind. Well, since we all know that there's virtually NO chance of TvsC coming here, we were thinking what could be the US equivalent of this game? Whereas I thought of an 80's/90's Cartoons vs. Capcom, so I could get my Thundercats fix, someone actually came up with a more logical and probable idea, that being Hanna Barbera vs. Capcom.

I mean, think of the possibility. Despite Shaggy & Scooby being in the game, HB has created A LOT of heroes over the years. Space Ghost, Birdman, Mightor, The Herculoids (dunno how that would work), The Centurious, The Swat Kats, Dexter, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, The Galaxy Trio, Captain Caveman, El Kabong, and some that I've probably forgetting. Hell, Dick Dasterdly could be behind the whole thing. I mean, why the fuck not?

I think this would be the best US version of TvsC that we could hope for. Plus, Capcom has a plethora of characters they can use for this game as well in place of all of their TvsC characters. Perhaps Blues or Dante? Maybe X instead of Trigger? Someone suggested Ken instead of Ryu, due to Ken's "US"itude. I think the game definitely has possibilities.

IF YOU'RE READING THIS CAPCOM, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

For those of us who wonder who outside of Scooby-Doo and company would qualify for this, see here and here for a list of "would-be"s from the different cartoon eras that could be represented.

So then, the only thing left to ask you all here at GAF is, would you buy this game?

kazuo

facepalm.jpg

meppi

eeeew. That sounds horrible.

Now it they would put the cast of M.A.S.K., G.I.Joe, He-Man and the Real Ghostbusters in a Capcom VS game, then I'd be all for it.
Imagine all the special moves. :D

Threi

notag
We already have a brand that is well-known in the west for it's personalities (heroes) that frequently occur in 80s/90s TV shows.

That brand is called Marvel.

Azure J

Threi said:
We already have a brand that is well-known in the west for it's personalities (heroes) that frequently occur in 80s/90s TV shows.

That brand is called Marvel.

Damn, touche. :lol

A Twisty Fluken said:
This game requires ProStars. Guile vs. Super Bo Jackson....now THAT I can get with.

DIC Entertainment Vs. Capcom?!

Prostars?
Captain Planet?
Dennis the Menace?
G.I. Joe?

THE GET ALONG GANG?!?!

yeah that would be sweet.

I think is should be released over here with as many of the Tatsunoko characters as possible, and then replace the ones with licensing issues with other Capcom characters.

Or they could just replace all of the Tatsunoko characters with Capcom characters and call it Capcom vs.

The Marvel license would be pretty sweet, but largely impractical.

Top Bottom