• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Voice Chat Episode 33

ivysaur12

Banned
- Craig also played MadWorld
- It’s really awesome
- Beat-em-up, takes place behind you
- Kind of like a game show, be as brutal as you can
- Controls work very well - motion stuff is supplemental

That is great news.

Reader Questions

- Any word of Metroid Dread exiting? Existed at one point - Plug was pulled
Argh, I think someone just plunged a dagger straight through my fucking heart. We get Hunters and Pinball but no Metroid Dread? Fuck you Nintendo, seriously, fuck you.

:(

edit: I see I'm not the only one.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dragona Akehi said:
But AniHawk we have those wonderful OTHER games to look forward to! I know you can't wait for the inevitable Prime Hunters 2!

You mean the game outsold by every 2D entry?

MarkusRJR

- Wii Music has sold almost 900,000 copies
And thus my faith in humanity has finally disappeared.

How on earth did this shit sell way more than Chibi-Robo. Oh, and RIP Captain Rainbow. I barely knew ye.

AniHawk said:
Urge to kill... rising.

It's not like this is news, though... we already knew that the game existed as of May 2005, and I don't think anyone expected it to resurface after over 3 1/2 years with no further word on it.

AniHawk

Dragona Akehi said:
But AniHawk we have those wonderful OTHER games to look forward to! I know you can't wait for the inevitable Prime Hunters 2!

Hopefully with Retro moving on, we can be left with the sweet memories of the GBA Metroids as the last games in the series.

With NST still around, who knows.

It's not like this is news, though... we already knew that the game existed as of May 2005, and I don't think anyone expected it to resurface after over 3 1/2 years with no further word on it.

I know. All we had to go on until now was Game Informer's word. I was also sorta holding out home for a WiiWare game or something. Bah.

HK-47 said:
You mean the game outsold by every 2D entry?

Clearly it's what "Gamers" want!

AniHawk said:
Hopefully with Retro moving on, we can be left with the sweet memories of the GBA Metroids as the last games in the series.

With NST still around, who knows.

I think it's about time for my annual runthroughs of Fusion and Zero Mission on the Micro. :(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
AniHawk said:
I know. All we had to go on until now was Game Informer's word.
No, there have been numerous people to have backed that up. In fact Craig from IGN did the very same a few years ago. :/

SEGA laid off 30 people this morning

Please be Sonic Team, Please be Sonic Team

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gamer @ Heart said:
Wait, What?

Three guys left. i dont remember reading anything about the company closing.

I think he means "moving on to other, non-Metroid, projects."

Edit: Quick on the draw like the horse named McGraw from the cartoon, boom-sha-laka-laka boom.

AniHawk said:
All we had to go on until now was Game Informer's word.

I hate having to repeat this, but both Kohler and Parish have confirmed that it was on an official NOA list released prior to E3 2005.

AniHawk

Father_Brain said:
I hate having to repeat this, but both Kohler and Parish have confirmed that it was on an official NOA list released prior to E3 2005.

Yeah, I must've forgotten about this. Or blocked it out of my head.

AniHawk said:
I meant moving on from Metroid and onto other things.

My heart skipped a beat when i read it. If that isnt a sign I follow/care for this industry too much i dont what is. Thanks for clearing that up.

Emotions

No organized riot to bring Professor Layton 2 to the US? Second one needs a lot of localization, might require budget of full game - might not be cost-effective - some very specific Japanese puzzles

That sucks big time..............

- Any word of Metroid Dread existing? Existed at one point - Plug was pulled
I swear Nintendo is like an abusive husband to its fans' battered wife. They go ahead and cancel a 2D metroid made ground-up for the DS for stupid reasons like "IP fatigue" or something equally asinine and force me to make do with IGAvanias... yet whenever they even so much as hint that Metroid is making a comeback, I'm right there on day one.

I freaking bought a DS for Metroid Prime: Hunters, then bought both GBA games, Pinball AND all three Prime games (before I even had the capacity of playing them), Nintendo! Why do you do this to me?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
- No organized riot to bring Professor Layton 2 to the US? Second one needs a lot of localization, might require budget of full game - might not be cost-effective - some very specific Japanese puzzles
WHY MUST I KEEP BEING RIGHT ABOUT THIS!? :'(

- No organized riot to bring Professor Layton 2 to the US? Second one needs a lot of localization, might require budget of full game - might not be cost-effective - some very specific Japanese puzzles

What utter bullshit. Layton 1 had the same "problem" that NOA managed to sort out just fine. Fucking christ, I still can't believe NOE is less functionally retarded than NOA now.

M74

This:

MadWorld

- It’s really awesome
- Controls work very well - motion stuff is supplemental
- Game has a great style - People say they can’t see what’s happening in screenshots - When it’s in motion, you can see everything contrasting
- Craig thinks it’s a great game

Then this:

- SEGA laid off 30 people this morning

It's like: "Hey, great job everybody. Really, you've done just wonderful. We really appreciate it... Now get the fuck out."

MisterHero said:
How do you know that Metroid Dread is a 2D sidecroller and not a rabid pet simulator
neogaf1.gif

I pretty much have to. The promise of another Super Metroid is what keeps me gaming.

EDIT: A rabid pet simulator would be kind of cool. I'm thinking a game where you're a space pirate doing all sorts of experiments on the creatures from the Metroid universe, exposing them to Beta rays, Phazon and the like and seeing what happens. Think the lab from I Am Legend, but with far less emphasis on the scientific method.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
M74 said:
This:

Then this:

It's like: "Hey, great job everybody. Really, you've done just wonderful. We really appreciate it... Now get the fuck out."
Madworld is developed by Platinum Games and published by Sega.

Link

The Autumn Wind
M74 said:
This:

Then this:

First, they laid off a PR branch. Secondly, they are only publishing Madworld. Platinum Games developed it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
viciouskillersquirrel said:
A rabid pet simulator would be kind of cool. I'm thinking a game where you're a space pirate doing all sorts of experiments on the creatures from the Metroid universe, exposing them to Beta rays, Phazon and the like and seeing what happens. Think the lab from I Am Legend, but with far less emphasis on the scientific method.

I thought he meant Samus in a leash by pet simulator.

Yaceka said:
How on earth did this shit sell way more than Chibi-Robo.

Because Wii Music is a terrific game, and hopefully some positive word-of-mouth has helped kill some of the undeserved nasty buzz it carried throughout 2008.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Xisiqomelir said:
So is Faketroid dead or not? Also, can Nintendo sell Retro yet?

Why would they? Their games have been successful both critically and commercially. If anything, Nintendo doesn't treat Retro well enough.

uh what were those guys talking about in the answer to the renegade kid wii question, isn't renegade kid's next game the vampire thing with gamecock confirmed to be for wii? wtf?

Rlan

If anyone at SEGA was going to get a cut, chances are it'd be Secret Level, surely. Golden Axe bombed hard.

Jiggy

- Any word of Metroid Dread exiting? Existed at one point - Plug was pulled
If there was any chance of me buying the remakes of Metroid Prime 1 and 2 out of residual good will before, there sure isn't now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Joseph Merrick said:
uh what were those guys talking about in the answer to the renegade kid wii question, isn't renegade kid's next game the vampire thing with gamecock confirmed to be for wii? wtf?

Renegade Kid has DS fever, basically. Won't show the Wii game until they're sick of DS development.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy said:
If there was any chance of me buying the remakes of Metroid Prime 1 and 2 out of residual good will before, there sure isn't now.

You? Buy 3D games you cant explain away as having 2D gamplay? The world nearly ended! Thank god Nintendo is retarded

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Well look at the bright side, if Metroid Dread wasn't a NCL game at least we never have to go down that path.

Top Bottom