• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Microsoft to announce Two New IP’s by Q1 2009, Hints on Each

FrankT

The Xbox 360 seems to be running short of exclusives this year, barring Halo Wars and a couple DLC components from its earlier games the machine has very little to look forward to but we found out that there was indeed a lot cooking inside Microsoft’s stove that they are yet to let out.

A spokesperson from Microsoft that it indeed has atleast two new properties that have been in development for quite sometime, he goes on to say -

“We’ve always focused our attention in the year of operation concerned, I would safely say that our community will see atleast two new games being announced exclusive to the Xbox 360 console by the end of Q1 2009″

A bit of probing also revealed that one might actually be an online fighter based on a very popular franchise, the other is an action adventure game from one of their internal studios. Well it seems Microsoft is far from giving up this generation without a solid fight.

http://v4vg.com/rumor-microsoft-to-announce-two-new-ip%E2%80%99s-by-q1-2009/

I think we can pretty much guess the former and the latter is as good as anyone's guess. The latter could be Peter Molyneux's new game, but IIRC one of my Game Informers from late last year in the rumors section said it was based around a canoe so not sure, heh.

JdFoX187

Banned
Come on Killer Instinct!

And an action-adventure game from an internal studio? Lionhead seems to be the only studio with any experience in that.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Well it seems Microsoft is far from giving up this generation without a solid fight.

Microsoft giving up this generation after a solid fight confirmed.

Edit:
Seriously, do people realize how the crap they write can be interpreted? or they do it on purpose?

FrankT

grandjedi6 said:
This site has been around for less than 2 weeks and you expect us to believe a rumor from it?

Heh, I'm not up to keeping on the online new sites. If this was playstationlifestyle.com I might have thought otherwise. No in fact you made two weeks up.

CreatureX3 said:
I don't think its KI. More likely another Dead or Alive.

How would that even be possible.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Gadfly said:
Microsoft giving up this generation after a solid fight confirmed.

Edit:
Seriously, do people realize how the crap they write can be interpreted? or they do it on purpose?
Read the rest of the site. A theme emmerges fairly quickly.

VegaShinra

Jtyettis said:
Heh, I'm not up to keeping on the online new sites. If this was playstationlifestyle.com I might have thought otherwise.

How would that even be possible.
Itagaki did say that DOA5 was in development before he departed from Team Ninja.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
kenta said:
You're In The Online Fighting Game and Scene It! Action Adventure Edition?

2en1735.jpg

Majmun

Good thing they won't be fps games, according to the source.

Can't wait for the reveal, if true.

DuckRacer

yoopoo said:
Where do you guys find these no name gaming sites? I see a new site posted here every other day.
N4G. Anyone can submit their rumor-filled there, and then it usually spreads around the internet. Including here.

I don't think it will be Killer Instincts since it's a popular franchise that is a New IP, so it probably has something to do with Halo.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
As much as I like Killer Instinct, I don't think it qualifies as a "very popular franchise" anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with the Perfect Dark license for the fighter. Or maybe it's a Halo themed Smash Bros clone.

Kibbles

Shadowlink123 said:
I don't think it will be Killer Instincts since it's a popular franchise that is a New IP, so it probably has something to do with Halo.
Doubt it. The new Halo being developed inhouse by Spawnpoint Studios is allegedly using the Crytek Engine... I'm guessing next Xbox launch title. Plus they have Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST coming out this year already.

Kibbles said:
Doubt it. The new Halo being developed inhouse by Spawnpoint Studios is allegedly using the Crytek Engine... I'm guessing next Xbox launch title. Plus they have Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST coming out this year already.
Huh? Is that suppose to be "Halo: Chronicles?"

ABOUT US

As we see the industry clamor up more “fanboys” and “flamebaits”, than gamers in pure blood, “the only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.”

“V for Videogames”, aims at providing a opinion and insight to a multitude of gaming addicts, which is different and unique than traditional gaming websites that have sprouted in umpteen numbers over the years. We as a community of gamers would like to tell each visitor that a single opinion is not the only valid and irrefutable point of view in any field, which operates within the confines of the human network.

In this manipulative world of global dominance we find a minuscule attempt to be honest and brave all, to provide something that is upstanding, refreshing and is a debatable point of view to our global community at large.

So “Velcome” one and “Velcome” all, and let the debates flow.

Good lord.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Are announcements of announcements---and I'm not just pointing the finger at Microsoft here---something new to this generation? I really don't remember it happening that much or at all last generation.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Where does it indicate that the two games are made by MS? I see nothing. And it doesn't say new IP either.

OP FAIL

Kibbles

Dax01 said:
Huh? Is that suppose to be "Halo: Chronicles?"
Forgot about that. Not sure... we haven't heard anything officially about that game since it's announcement in 06. :lol Where's Frankie? He's working with the Halo team at Microsoft. Is the inhouse team working on Halo: Chronicles? (Doubt I'm going to get an answer)

FrankT

Ether_Snake said:
Where does it indicate that the two games are made by MS? I see nothing. And it doesn't say new IP either.

OP FAIL

That was there title genius and if you read the bold it says internal studio for the latter.

AniHawk

Continuing the tradition started with Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, the online fighter will be based on Jet Force Gemini, infuriating Killer Instinct and Jet Force Gemini fans everywhere. Yes, all four of them.

Sydle

Super Kicky Fighter and Mega Adventure World.

You heard it here first.

Seriously, I'm going to pretend it's Killer Instinct 3 and Kameo 2.

jrricky

Banned
Yup, Rare is going to ruin KI. :-/

EDIT: What website is this?

DOUBLE EDIT: This might not be KI afterall. A Halo Fighter?

Jtrizzy

Anticitizen One said:
I heard from source that the 2 exclusives are Duke Nukem Forever and Alan Wake!

Has Alan Wake gotten to the point where it is just considered vaporware? I was just about to ask what was up with that game, it looked awesome.

FrankT

Jtrizzy said:
Has Alan Wake gotten to the point where it is just considered vaporware? I was just about to ask what was up with that game, it looked awesome.

Nope released new trailer/pics and updated the site in October. Still no word on release date yet. The developers did admit back in August it went through some development hell. They did say recently you will see something interesting when the time is right going on to say hoping for GDC, but maybe later IIRC.

icecream

Public Health Threat
KI3 probably... but then what would the action adventure game be?
JET FORCE GEMINI TOO? OMG THANK YOU RARE!

Sydle

Just remembered that Lionhead said they had a new game/concept to show off that was pretty far along in development. I bet that's the adventure game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the fighter is from Rare and it's NOT Killer Instinct, but something more along the lines of Smash Bros.

Top Bottom