• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling Gaf Designers: Design my logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I guess I should start moving on to logos now I have a name for my business thanks to GAF and this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351487

Sorry I didn't go for the popular choice "Urban Erections" :lol

Any great designers out there willing to lend a hand to design my logo. Please!!!

I can build a home but I suck at photoshop :lol :lol

Originally I wanted a predominantly black card/logo with maybe grey writing and a dash of red or orange.

I still like this idea but I also like the combination of orange/grey/white. Unfortunately there are quite a few building co's that use these colours.

anyway the name of the company

dbm projects

I think all lower case looks best but you design guys might have a better idea.

Also, I think the logo should contain the following:

design build maintain

Also, it is a construction company but I don't think it's necessary to have pics eg hammer, building. I would prefer simple and to let the colours and font dominate.

Here is a very basic concept I made in paint, but again, I suck at this.

logo.jpg

Please help Gaf

EDIT:

I'll give the best one $20US via paypal. But it's got to be good.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
if this doesn't involve dinosaurs, astronauts, or the nazi's marching on the champs elysees i'm going to be very disappointed.

edit: a logo involving tienenmen square would be awesome, too.

I don't think you could afford my rates. (Logo design is actually something I freelance on the side). You are doing this for a BUSINESS so I think you seriously need to hire someone and adequately compensate them. Altho I find this "GAF help" perfectly acceptible to a degree.

Dizzan

MINI Member
VeritasVierge said:
I don't think you could afford my rates. (Logo design is actually something I freelance on the side). You are doing this for a BUSINESS so I think you seriously need to hire someone and adequately compensate them. Althogh I find this "GAF help" perfectly acceptible to a degree.

I absolutely agree. You never know though. Gaf has some pretty talented people that don't do GD for a living and like to do it as a hobby. If this fails, of course I will seek professional help but it's worth a try.

How much do you charge?

arter_2

Look ill make one for you but im gonna stress to you that you should really pay the money and get a proper logo your companies logo and brand identity is one of the most important parts of your business. You can cheap out on aspects of this if this is an important business for you.

miyuru

$20?

I'm not even a designer, but I have to stick up for them here. You should honestly be paying way more, more like at least $100 for someone to take you seriously and create a logo for you.

Being able to design, whatever it is, from houses to logos, is a very valuable skill. GAF's a great place and often fueled by goodwill, but you're taking the talent at hand foregranted.

Dizzan

MINI Member
arter_2 said:
Look ill make one for you but im gonna stress to you that you should really pay the money and get a proper logo your companies logo and brand identity is one of the most important parts of your business. You can cheap out on aspects of this if this is an important business for you.

Can you PM me what your rates would be?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Rayo said:
www.99designs.com

Put up a "guaranteed contest" and you're sure to get some good designs.

Wow that site has some insane designs. Similar to what I am after too. I guess I should offer more money. But Gaf are like mates :D

I'm not meaning to offend anyone with the low offer. Sorry. If you don't want to do it then please don't. If you do then I would really appreciate it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
RevoDS said:
Subtle :lol

Was that intended?
No ^_^;

Proof that you get what you pay for :p

Ok, fixed version. I better stop before I make a bigger fool of my self:
dbm.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait, if he is in the lead, and I am not going to be doing any more... THAT MEANS I LOSE D:

*Knocks over magazine rack and leaves*

dbm.jpg

I know you said keep it simple, but I felt like doing something in Photoshop ;P Not sure what I'm gonna do for the m...maybe a house? It's supposed to be a compass and crane with lumber. It might read really poorly. Tell me what you think.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Manabanana said:
dbm.jpg

I know you said keep it simple, but I felt like doing something in Photoshop ;P Not sure what I'm gonna do for the m...maybe a house? It's supposed to be a compass and crane with lumber. It might read really poorly. Tell me what you think.

Wow. Also very nice. It doesn't read as clearly as I would like but I like the concept.

ianp622

I made mine a little more subtle. I'm assuming you'll think the dbm is still too big though. I'm just tired of the small Helvetica style that you see everywhere, because it has become overused.

5211g8.gif

Dizzan

MINI Member
ianp622 said:
I made mine a little more subtle. I'm assuming you'll think the dbm is still too big though. I'm just tired of the small Helvetica style that you see everywhere, because it has become overused.

5211g8.gif

Yeah I did but looking at both, maybe the big dbm is cool.

I do like the black space to dominate though for some reason.

Dizzan

MINI Member
NeoGAFFer said:
black bg:
300fk8p.jpg

I don't have paypal account, so never mind.

people will never ever forget you when they see your B card.

:lol :lol I actually really like the font and style of the writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom