• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RpgN

Rpgmonkey said:
More around 70% I think. Like half in NA, and I don't know if the game ever even released in Europe...
With the overall lack of interest late ports usually seem to get this gen and how Tales isn't that popular anymore, I'm not going to make any good guesses on how this will sell. :p

It made it in EU with a very low print (In Holland at least), I only saw one copy in one store so far :lol

I'm liking the news about added content, keep 'em coming!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I'm with the other guys here that believe the main tales series might go to the DS or PSP, however that is not to say there won't be another console main tales game, however the console games do take longer to make and require a larger budget. For Bamco it would be easy to put the next main tales game on the DS or PSP and have it sell a lot for less the development costs.

I think that girl next the Disco dood will die too, such a waste of a good design i agree.

I hope Vesperia will be released in English :(.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
SilverLunar said:
I think that girl next the Disco dood will die too, such a waste of a good design i agree.

geeze, you guys really don't get it, do you? dying is the best thing that girl could do. firstly, if she dies and she's about what i expect, an airheaded "love interest" that's not good for more than moeblob and healing/light spells (it's a tales game. i play them for camp value) her death will be cheered, since the inevitably whiny and annoying little bitch of a main character will be hilariously distraught for the rest of the game.

on the other hand, if the character is worth having around and turns out to be a deep and intriguing character that lives up to the apparently excellent character design and manages to actually make me care about her, her death would make a serious and meaningful impact on my playing the game and would thus be motivated to bring the fool who killed her to swift JRPG slashy killy justice.

Wizpig

Did they confirm a US/European release [TBA, of course] for any of these 3 games?
Wondering if Ps3 Vesperia will make it here.

RpgN

Wizpig said:
Did they confirm a US/European release [TBA, of course] for any of these 3 games?
Wondering if Ps3 Vesperia will make it here.

It's too soon for that, let's see if Namco announces anything for the US market first. But I'm not worried about Vesperia and Versus since they can be imported and played. Graces on the other hand...but this has a higher chance to make it in the west. It can ride on ToS(2)'s popularity.

Wizpig

RpgN said:
It's too soon for that, let's see if Namco announces anything for the US market first. But I'm not worried about Vesperia and Versus since they can be imported and played. Graces on the other hand...but this has a higher chance to make it in the west. It can ride on ToS(2)'s popularity.
I fail at reading the OP, i missed the last line :(

No, none of these have been confirmed for English releases yet.

Oh, and the problem with Graces is... Symphonia 2 still has to come out in the European market, just like Vesperia.
Vesperia is one of my most-wanted games this gen and i will have to play it on the 360 this summer knowing well a "2.0" version is on its way.
As always, a huge fuck you to Namco.

Shiggy

Wizpig said:
Oh, and the problem with Graces is... Symphonia 2 still has to come out in the European market, just like Vesperia.

Do they even have a releasedate? Or is it still summer and Q4?

Replicant

24g65v.jpg

33vjn9.jpg

Does this mean Flynn is playable on PS3 version?

Paracelsus

Shiggy said:
Do they even have a releasedate? Or is it still summer and Q4?

Vesperia supposedly will get released in June, while nobody knows about Ratatosk.

abyss never came out in europe, so if youre hoping for ToS2 you will probably be disappointed

B-but worldwide strategy.

Does this mean Flynn is playable on PS3 version?

Screens with no Flynn prove Flynn is a party member? o.0

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Doc Evils said:
The PS3 fanbois thank the 360 fanbois for being their beta testers yet again!

What happens when the beta test happens to be better than the final product? ;)

Paracelsus

ZealousD said:
What happens when the beta test happens to be better than the final product? ;)

Sonata wasn't, this won't be as well. The only way the 360 version could be better is if the PS3 version never gets localized. Localization > everything else.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
gantz85 said:
The 360 boys wouldn't know after beta-testing 360 hardware for two years.

I was refering to ports like The Orange Box and Rainbow Six Vegas. =P

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ThirdEye said:
Bandai Namco: 360 is sooo 2005...

05.jpg
It took them this long to realize they should be at least on PS3 as well as 360 on day 1 of release? I'll buy most of their 360 games day 1 if it's the only option. If it's on both, then PS3 is the way, finally.

MechaX

Paracelsus said:
Screens with no Flynn prove Flynn is a party member? o.0

He posted the wrong screens, but there was one that showed the little portraits of the party members and Flynn was among them. However, he might be playable in only one dungeon or scenario like Asch in Abyss was.

Just for the hell of it, I ripped the logo from Graces' website:

3421628840_3eb7125edd_o.png

I can't find a way to get just the logo out of the website without any of the background.

The logos with the black background on various sites is lower in quality and size, that's why I chose this one. Also the background is beautiful, so it's not so bad that it has a background. :p

Edit: Have a bonus English one!:

3420843263_509f31d780_o.png

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
AranhaHunter said:
How's putting more spinoffs on PSP the logical thing to do? Again, a spinoff on PSP is the best selling Tales over the last 4 years or so, a mothership title on it makes the most sense, I don't see how you can even argue that.

klee123 said:
Maybe because if spinoffs can do well on the PSP, then main games could sell even better.

This is starting to sound like a Resident Evil Wii thread.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Great work on the US logo Hero :lol :lol :lol

Something like that must've taken hours to craft :lol

Hours, almost the whole morning! :O

I had to really motivate myself to do the impossible thing of using the bucket to make the area around the Japanese text black, but I didn't cower, I then had to use every ounce of my strength to pull that square cutter thing to remove all of that text, it was a nightmare! :O

Mother, don't make me do it again, DON'T MAKE ME DO IT AGAIN!!! :'O

DarkMehm said:

That's smaller and lower in quality, I wanted a blank version of the one on the website.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Regulus Tera said:
This is starting to sound like a Resident Evil Wii thread.
I think the difference here is that RE4Wii/UC didn't outsell RE5, while TotW RM2 has outsold every Tales game since the PS2 era.

Jiggy

They should have added extra touches to the Graces moon to make it more ambiguously resemble a disco ball.

MotherFan said:
And I am going to have to buy a ps3 if the new Tov content makes it to the US. Sucks :/

a Character and a couple extra dialogue lines are enough to justifiy a $400 purchase?

why not get ToV 360

knowing Namco they would prolly end up releasing the Pirate loli as DLC for 360..

I seriously wonder where the hell she fits in... Barbos' daughter?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
PseudoKirby said:
Damnit I have to buy a Wii..... again..
Maybe it will be cheaper if you stop selling it? Or do you keep reselling it at a higher price then you bought it?

Drkirby said:
Maybe it will be cheaper if you stop selling it? Or do you keep reselling it at a higher price then you bought it?
I bought one like 2 years ago played a couple games and got bored with it, sold it for the same price I bought it for to some idiot and decided against the Wii...

hell I just heard that the cost of manufacturing the Wii has gone down like 40% but those pricks at Nintendo wont do a price drop...

I dont care if $250 is "affordable" something about that just annoys me

MotherFan

PseudoKirby said:
a Character and a couple extra dialogue lines are enough to justifiy a $400 purchase?

why not get ToV 360

knowing Namco they would prolly end up releasing the Pirate loli as DLC for 360..

I seriously wonder where the hell she fits in... Barbos' daughter?

I have it for 360. Plus, I could sell it back, I really only have an HD console to get some of the rpgs. But, I'd rather just get dlc. I don't think it will come out as dlc for 360 version though.

SilverLunar said:

Something tells me that the person(s) that caused the main character to take his vow to never let "that" happen to anyone else close to him will be revealed in a flash back and not some thing like this. (unless it was stated at the meeting that that girl was the person who died)

Theres also a smaller girl with blue hair, he is shown patting her on the head! :D

Somnia

I hope ToV on PS3 makes it soon rather than later to the US. Never got around to really playing it on 360 and was going to get it this summer, but I'll wait and see now just incase due to the extra content.

mintylurb

Somnia said:
I hope ToV on PS3 makes it soon rather than later to the US. Never got around to really playing it on 360 and was going to get it this summer, but I'll wait and see now just incase due to the extra content.
Holy jebus. You're going to wait for the ps3 version which will have very little additional content instead of getting the 360 version now? You infidel! Another ps3 fanboy! go git him firestorm! Oh, romo still sux ;b

Somnia

mintylurb said:
Holy jebus. You're going to wait for the ps3 version which will have very little additional content instead of getting the 360 version now? You infidel! Another ps3 fanboy! go git him firestorm! Oh, romo still sux ;b

Don't bring Romo into this! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom