• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Trademarks "Starhawk" (Lightbox Game Revealing Friday)

mufraka

Neo Member
French said:
not what people are expecting. But what we knew was happening.

Don't understand what they're trying to say here.
Points pop-up, killstreaks, minimum-to-none health.

joking.

my first impression was it's going to be in 1st person and I'll be pissed if that's the case.
the "warhawk 2 and not starhawk" theory sounds plausible and more likely.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Third person, looked mostly like land, not space, but I think I saw a giant planet in the background. There may have also been a female character.

Also, if people want to use the word "hipsters," now is the time to do it without being wrong. :p

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Third person, looked mostly like land, not space, but I think I saw a giant planet in the background. There may have also been a female character.
Yea, female character with short white hair. 3rd person.

2M1L9.png

SykoTech

Did they pull it down? Everytime I click the link, it takes me back to the IGN homepage. :(

EDIT: That they did. Well, at least the impressions sound good.

I'm dying to see what this new engine looks like. The sky+water were stunning in Warhawk. Imagine if they added weather?

edit: yeah looks like they took it down. Anyone have stuff they can post like the pic above?

params7

Banned
AgentChris said:
Why does GTTV have to be on so late? Can't Spike put it on at 8pm or something.

Seriously, who watches episodes at 1 in the night. This stuff should be tea/evening stuff if not prime time 8-9pm.

Zoibie

From those few brief, blurry seconds of gameplay, it looks like the gameplay to me is pretty similar. I hope I'm not just imagining it :p

edit: I DL'ed it while I could, I'll put it up on Youtube.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
spats said:
Expecting a frame-by-frame analysis of the video within the next 10 minutes. Don't fail me GAF.

There was a huge whiteboard with loads of stuff on it. Hopefully someone will do a CSI like zoom and enhance on it.

Carl

SykoTech said:
Did they pull it down? Everytime I click the link, it takes me back to the IGN homepage. :(

EDIT: That they did. Well, at least the impressions sound good.

Still works for me

params7

Banned
Zoibie said:
From those few brief, blurry seconds of gameplay, it looks like the gameplay to me is pretty similar. I hope I'm not just imagining it :p

edit: I DL'ed it while I could, I'll put it up on Youtube.

DO EEEET

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Galvanise_ said:
Looks like there is Skeleton warriors. The art being worked on is Skeleton warriors.

Graphics look better than Warhawk.
Its 3rd person.

I think those were aliens, it looked like they had huge elbow talons.

Top Bottom