• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

mj1108
Member
(04-22-2009, 08:33 AM)
World of Goo looks like its the first one.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00213JM9O/ $14.99
Dragona Akehi
Retired
(04-22-2009, 08:37 AM)
Dragona Akehi's Avatar
At least these will be tied to the system's system setting, not IP or country setting. Should anyway. If it's a NA Wii, the code should work for that system...right?
Koshiro
ABORT POST
ABORT ABORT ABORT
(04-22-2009, 08:39 AM)
Koshiro's Avatar
Ladies and gentlemen, a glimpse of the future.
cw_sasuke
Member
(04-22-2009, 08:44 AM)
cw_sasuke's Avatar
Nice, hope this means more sales for wiiware games in future...
Nuclear Muffin
Banned
(04-22-2009, 08:45 AM)
Nuclear Muffin's Avatar
Awesome! Funny to see Nintendo copying Microsoft though (Unless Amazon struck a deal with all of the console manufacturers at the same time and were just a bit slow to start with Wii Ware games, which is probably the case)

Here's hoping that they start getting VC, DSi Ware and PSN games soon :D

Actually does anyone know a person from the UK with an imported Wii would be able to Wii Ware games from amazon?
Balb
Member
(04-22-2009, 08:46 AM)
Balb's Avatar
I can't believe a conservative, control-freak company like Nintendo would let Amazon sell their Wiiware games. Good for everyone involved.
HUELEN10
Banned
(04-22-2009, 08:48 AM)
YES YES YES YES YES!

You cannot frathom how happy this makes me!
HUELEN10
Banned
(04-22-2009, 08:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Balb

I can't believe a conservative, control-freak company like Nintendo would let Amazon sell their Wiiware games. Good for everyone involved.

Is Ninty directly involved? I mean sure they are involved, but promo codes are not new. Remember that Spike TV World OF Goo giveaway? I won and got a code to get the game. How did they pull it off that time? WOuldn't that be similar to what amazon is seeming to do?
Firestorm
Member
(04-22-2009, 09:09 AM)
Firestorm's Avatar

Originally Posted by HUELEN10

Is Ninty directly involved? I mean sure they are involved, but promo codes are not new. Remember that Spike TV World OF Goo giveaway? I won and got a code to get the game. How did they pull it off that time? WOuldn't that be similar to what amazon is seeming to do?

Which makes me think maybe it's up to the developer...
Mockingbird
Member
(04-22-2009, 09:16 AM)
Mockingbird's Avatar
14.99 is less than 1,500 points. This is a steal!

The beginning of the end Gamestop. The beginning of the End. Unless this is on gamestop.com too.
PusherT
Junior Member
(04-22-2009, 09:17 AM)
Since we are talking about Wiiware I wanted know how is "Groovin Blocks" and "Artstyle Cuebello" ? I think I'm going to get these two wiiware game and I want some impresseions especially on Groovin Blocks.
Nuclear Muffin
Banned
(04-22-2009, 09:19 AM)
Nuclear Muffin's Avatar

Originally Posted by PusherT

Since we are talking about Wiiware I wanted know how is "Groovin Blocks" and "Artstyle Cuebello" ? I think I'm going to get these two wiiware game and I want some impresseions especially on Groovin Blocks.

They're both awesome, Groovin Blocks is a bit rough around the edges in terms of visuals but its a lot of fun and really takes advantage of the music for gameplay (Moreso than Lumines)

Cubello happens to be my favourite Art Style game (Which means a lot because all of the Art Style games are awesome!)
HyperZone<3
Member
(04-22-2009, 09:19 AM)
Does Amazon even get a cut this way around?

As I understand, its a 65%-35% split between the Wii Ware publisher and Nintendo, so how does Amazon get paid for this?
markot
Junior Member
(04-22-2009, 09:23 AM)
markot's Avatar
They dont really have any costs >.<

Nintendo hosts the service and games, and the devs make it... seems just like another way to pay, so im guessing they dont get much of a cut at all.
Yes Boss!
Member
(04-22-2009, 09:24 AM)
Yes Boss!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by HyperZone&lt

Does Amazon even get a cut this way around?

As I understand, its a 65%-35% split between the Wii Ware publisher and Nintendo, so how does Amazon get paid for this?

They probably get a handling fee in the low single-digit percentage...just as your local C-store or supermarket gets a little something for processing gift cards/lottery and handling the cash...more a driver to Amazon for increased sales in other departments, I'd imagine.
turk128
Member
(04-22-2009, 09:24 AM)
turk128's Avatar

Originally Posted by HyperZone&lt

Does Amazon even get a cut this way around?

As I understand, its a 65%-35% split between the Wii Ware publisher and Nintendo, so how does Amazon get paid for this?

I'm guessing they get a small commission or even nothing at all; just bringing buyers to Amazon is enough of an incentive.

EDIT: heh, 3 people in a row.
markot
Junior Member
(04-22-2009, 09:27 AM)
markot's Avatar
They need to up their dd pc service and start selling more stuff >.< give the others some decent competition!
Duke Togo
Member
(04-22-2009, 09:28 AM)
Duke Togo's Avatar

Originally Posted by HUELEN10

YES YES YES YES YES!

You cannot frathom how happy this makes me!

Tell us about how happy it makes you. Open our eyes to your new horizons of joy, young Huelen10.
PusherT
Junior Member
(04-22-2009, 09:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Nuclear Muffin

They're both awesome, Groovin Blocks is a bit rough around the edges in terms of visuals but its a lot of fun and really takes advantage of the music for gameplay (Moreso than Lumines)

Cubello happens to be my favourite Art Style game (Which means a lot because all of the Art Style games are awesome!)

Groovin Blocks look all kind awsome on those Nintendo Channel videos,good to know it is good gameplay too. Yeah Art Style Cuebello look like its a AAA expirence. I will have 600 nintendo points left after i get Grooin Blocks and Cuebello what non puzzle wiiware game can I get for 600? Is Bit Trip Beat a releaxing easy game, the games music sounds great, but I have heard it is hard. Is Orbient fun and relaxing. Or that Konami Sandy Beach game?
McBacon
SHOOTY McRAD DICK
(04-22-2009, 09:37 AM)
McBacon's Avatar
One left, Amazon!
Flek
Banned
(04-22-2009, 09:38 AM)
Flek's Avatar
SOOOOONY WHAAAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR :( ?
HiccupTruck
Member
(04-22-2009, 09:43 AM)
HiccupTruck's Avatar
Deals, please.

One cent cheaper?

GIMME WORLD OF GOO FOR $7.
HUELEN10
Banned
(04-22-2009, 09:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Duke Togo

Tell us about how happy it makes you. Open our eyes to your new horizons of joy, young Huelen10.

:lol Nah, but I am very happy for 2 reasons.
1: I have hundreds in funds for amazon available to purchase games specifically thanks to an on campus club. Guess who's Wii used for activities? Mine.
2: Easier to gift!

Originally Posted by Flek

SOOOOONY WHAAAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR :( ?

Sorry, been taken.
[IMG]http://i43.************/2wftooh.png[/IMG]
Flek
Banned
(04-22-2009, 09:46 AM)
Flek's Avatar

Originally Posted by HUELEN10


Sorry, been taken.
[IMG]http://i43.************/2wftooh.png[/IMG]

well ms whas first ;D
Diablohead
Member
(04-22-2009, 09:54 AM)
Diablohead's Avatar
I never realised you could buy codes for these, does the UK amazon do the same or am I SOD? Rather cool if you don't want to buy points for something cheaper then you need.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(04-22-2009, 10:36 AM)
abstract alien's Avatar

Originally Posted by PusherT

Groovin Blocks look all kind awsome on those Nintendo Channel videos,good to know it is good gameplay too. Yeah Art Style Cuebello look like its a AAA expirence. I will have 600 nintendo points left after i get Grooin Blocks and Cuebello what non puzzle wiiware game can I get for 600? Is Bit Trip Beat a releaxing easy game, the games music sounds great, but I have heard it is hard. Is Orbient fun and relaxing. Or that Konami Sandy Beach game?

:lol
Its one of the hardest games Ive ever played. I mean that literally.
Nif
Member
(04-22-2009, 10:39 AM)
Nif's Avatar
I only have two regrets about the recent digital downloads on Amazon.

1. I don't think they offer all games. :(
2. I can't use them as fillers for free shipping. :(
NintendoGal
Member
(04-22-2009, 11:00 AM)
NintendoGal's Avatar
Wish they weren't based here in WA, stupid sales tax.
HUELEN10
Banned
(04-22-2009, 11:00 AM)

Originally Posted by NintendoGal

Wish they weren't based here in WA, stupid sales tax.

Who, Ninty or Amazon?
SovanJedi
provides useful feedback
(04-22-2009, 11:11 AM)
SovanJedi's Avatar
World of Goo is a simply brilliant game, so I'm glad they are doing this for the game. More people need to play it!
OnPoint
Member
(04-22-2009, 11:15 AM)
OnPoint's Avatar
I guess this is good, but I don't have problems buying games the traditional way with Nintendo. Btw, is Amazon adding tax to the purchases? We're not paying any with the current method. The reason I feel it was good with Microsoft was so I didn't have to deal with their spacebucks, but I can't recall if tax was added there or not either.
NintendoGal
Member
(04-22-2009, 11:43 AM)
NintendoGal's Avatar

Originally Posted by HUELEN10

Who, Ninty or Amazon?

Heh both.
Totobeni
An blind dancing ho
(04-22-2009, 12:04 PM)
Totobeni's Avatar

Originally Posted by McBacon

One left, Amazon!

PSN need this more than XLBA and WiiWare since they don't sell their PSN cards online anywhere ( or at many stores ) and Sony locked foreign credit cards on their Stores unlike Nintendo .
brandonh83
(04-22-2009, 12:06 PM)
brandonh83's Avatar
Damn, pretty convenient. I like.

What I don't like is the fact that I had around $17, really wanted World of Goo, but where they only let you get $10 or $20, and not just $15, I wasn't able to get it so I settled on Paper Mario yesterday. Wow, if I'd just waited. Fuck.
Bizzyb
Banned
(04-22-2009, 12:09 PM)
Bizzyb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Koshiro

Ladies and gentlemen, a glimpse of the future.


indeed, and I will be very surprised if this does not increase sales significantly. Amazon.com has basically become "The Internet Store"

Oh how I wish I had invested in them 10 years ago...
Kunan
Member
(04-22-2009, 12:23 PM)
Kunan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Totobeni

PSN need this more than XLBA and WiiWare since they don't sell their PSN cards online anywhere ( or at many stores ) and Sony locked foreign credit cards on their Stores unlike Nintendo .

PSN cards don't even exist in Canada :/
dyls
Member
(04-22-2009, 06:03 PM)
dyls's Avatar
Yay for two big reasons (if it expands to more [all] games)

1. Not having to enter my credit card info ever again on the Wii Shop Channel.
2. Not having to deal with having 900 points and wanting a 1000 point game and being forced to buy an extra 900 points.

Now if only they would let me buy the game and have it start downloading immediately via wiiconnect24 so that when I got home it would be ready to play, everything would be perfect. But given that this is Nintendo we're talking about, I'll expect that feature to be ready in early 2014.

Still, a good if modest start.
dallow_bg
nods at old men
(04-22-2009, 06:06 PM)
dallow_bg's Avatar
Sony shouldn't put their games on Amazon because it would be trying too hard now that MS and Nintendo are doing it.
Vinci
Danish
(04-22-2009, 06:09 PM)
Vinci's Avatar
This is a really good thing to see, particularly with a title as awesome as World of Goo.
gabe90
Member
(04-22-2009, 06:09 PM)
gabe90's Avatar
Thank god for this discussion. I felt that Amazon selling XBLA games before was pretty groundbreaking, and no one really seemed to see the massive impact.

Hopefully this will result in more sales and competition in pricing for digitally distributed games. I know I will buy more and this makes me much more welcoming to digital distribution in general.
Ranger X
Kohler: 1, Ranger X: 0

PS: Itoi > Kojima by a good green country mile
(04-22-2009, 06:13 PM)
Ranger X's Avatar
This is awesome for Nintendo's wallet but it doesn't adress the "digital era" shortcomings at all. Nothing goes forward, just more accessibility to the product.
Mrbob
how can the baaasheep
enjoy the shootbang?
(04-22-2009, 06:13 PM)
Mrbob's Avatar
Why would sony need to put their wares up on amazon?

Everything on the Playstation Store is sold already at dollar value. None of this points garbage.

Of course, I guess the argument could be done to help awareness of PSN to more consumers....but there is a giant playstation store icon on the XMB. At the end of the day, it couldn't hurt for sony to have psn games up on amazon as well.
levious
That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
(04-22-2009, 06:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Mrbob

Why would sony need to put their wares up on amazon?


I think everyone just wants more sales opportunities... discounts I mean, like the recent XBLA deals.
borghe
Loves the Greater Toronto Area
(04-22-2009, 06:20 PM)
borghe's Avatar

Originally Posted by HyperZone&lt

Does Amazon even get a cut this way around?

As I understand, its a 65%-35% split between the Wii Ware publisher and Nintendo, so how does Amazon get paid for this?

they get the money the exact same way stores get money for selling Wii Points Cards and MS Points cards.

edit - and it sounds silly, but if I don't get charged tax on this from amazon (I'm guessing I won't) then this is already a leg up over buying the game from Wii Shop. I get charged tax from Nintendo (stupid like 1 service center in the entire state)
neptunes
Member
(04-22-2009, 06:23 PM)
neptunes's Avatar
Imagine buying psp games (or any console game) like this

Interesting and kind of scary
gregor7777
my womb is impregnable
(04-22-2009, 06:25 PM)
gregor7777's Avatar

Originally Posted by dallow_bg

Sony shouldn't put their games on Amazon because it would be trying too hard now that MS and Nintendo are doing it.

:lol

:(
Pojo
Banned
(04-22-2009, 06:42 PM)
Sony has to do this. There are too many games that I would buy for reduced prices.

I'm not cheap, I just have too much to play!
Like the hat?
Member
(04-22-2009, 06:50 PM)
Like the hat?'s Avatar
If you are a member of that ESA thing, do you get 10% off these codes, too?

that would be pretty cool.
CoilShot
Member
(04-22-2009, 07:07 PM)
CoilShot's Avatar
So is it safe to assume PSN is next?
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(04-22-2009, 07:11 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by CoilShot

So is it safe to assume PSN is next?

Not assume but hope Sony follows up. LOTS of sales potential here. Money for the taking.

Thread Tools