• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Idol Master for DS & new MGS for PS family (from 7-Eleven JP)

-Kh-

Banned
The Idol M@ster DS

28854d2cde7c8e7900993023cf136a22.th.gif

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Midas said:
MGS!!! To be launched with new PSP and new PS3?! :lol

It's one or the other. The next issue of 'Famitsu PS3+PSP' has, according to this, info on a new metal gear.

Given that it seems early to hear about the next home console Metal Gear (though one can dream..), I'm gonna guess it's for PSP. And that this is probably what the countdown on Kojipro's site is all about too (the mag is due on the 30th, just a couple of days before the countdown ends).

neo2046

gofreak said:
It's one or the other. The next issue of 'Famitsu PS3+PSP' has, according to this, info on a new metal gear.

Given that it seems early to hear about the next home console Metal Gear (though one can dream..), I'm gonna guess it's for PSP. And that this is probably what the countdown on Kojipro's site is all about too (the mag is due on the 30th, just a couple of days before the countdown ends).
but I think new MG is for PS3
I think Kojima will not waste so much time on " countdown of countdown of an announcement"
if that is not a big project

Midas

gofreak said:

But isn't that countdown counting down to a new countdown for another countdown? Uuh, that became a mess. But a MGS for PSP launched the same day as the new model seems like a smart move. E3 can't come soon enough.

Spiegel

neo2046 said:
I think Kojima will not waste so much time on " countdown of countdown of an announcement"

Agreed. But I'd not be surprised if two Metal Gear games are announced this E3

At E3 '05 KP announced MGS3:S, MGS4 and MGA2

Bluemercury said:
Jesus, the MGS milking is reaching levels of ridiculousness....cant the guy do anything different?

1.) He feels the pressure from Konami to continue making them.

2.) He doesn't want to stop making them.

Busty

Banned
Midas said:
But isn't that countdown counting down to a new countdown for another countdown?

The countdown will finish.

The screen will turn black.

The Final Countdown by Europe will come blasting out of your speakers.

Then silence.

The countdown will then reset itself and start all over again.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
neo2046 said:

Hmm. I'd personally prefer it to be a home console iteration, but I have my doubts he'd go straight from 4 to the next without something in between.

I was also under the impression Kojima had said before that he had two projects sort of on the boil at the moment..one smaller one that he was going to do 'the normal way' and one bigger one that was going to be done using stuff he learned from his tours of western studios. Or did I pick that up wrong?

I'd reckoned before that the project he was going to talk about at E3 would be the 'smaller' one..and that might fit with a PSP game. That might also be a nice antidote to the hugeness that was MGS4, I reckon he might like to do something smaller and less resource intensive now. But that's a guess..I can't recall if he said for sure that his E3 reveal would be the nearer term 'smaller' project.

Midas said:
But isn't that countdown counting down to a new countdown for another countdown?

They all end June 1st, right? This mag will be on shelves May 30, so they probably have the exclusive on whatever Kojipro is announcing on June 1.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Doc Evils said:
PS family huh? what happened to oxide?:lol

It's still very possible they could announce a version of 4 for other platforms, particularly if this new game is a PSP one :p (although I don't think it'll be called oxide!)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
fistfulofmetal said:
hopefully whatever it is it's playstation exclusive. i don't want anyone else getting it. would make it less special. less important.

I hope this is a joke post.

-viper-

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
hopefully whatever it is it's playstation exclusive. i don't want anyone else getting it. would make it less special. less important.
MGS5 PS3 Exclusive. You heard it here first.

SolidSnakex said:
1.) He feels the pressure from Konami to continue making them.

2.) He doesn't want to stop making them.

I always got the feeling Kojima would love to move on to other projects/IPs but Konami won't let him. MGS brings them so much money they can't afford to let the series die and a MGS game without Kojima isn't MGS.

Skilletor

KernelPanic said:
I always got the feeling Kojima would love to move on to other projects/IPs but Konami won't let him. MGS brings them so much money they can't afford to let the series die and a MGS game without Kojima isn't MGS.

Me too. It's really sad because I'd love to see what he could do with anything else at all. A new IP would be amazing.

Midas

gofreak said:
They all end June 1st, right? This mag will be on shelves May 30, so they probably have the exclusive on whatever Kojipro is announcing on June 1.

Not sure, but that would explain it.

Rahk

Even though "Metal Gear" has become synonymous with MGS, I thought I should just point out that it only says "Metal Gear". That doesn't necessarily mean it's not MGS related though.

Y2Kev said:
How reliable?
Seems reliable unless 7 Eleven have made a mistake or something, which is probably unlikely.

thaOwner

Expecting a complete 360 now...

BeeDog said:
Perhaps it's the new MGS PSP game that was hinted at in other topics.
This would make me very excited seeing as how ready to pick up the new PSP when a released date is announced for it

Jonnyram

Apparently B-N have also registered trademarks for:
「Dearly Stars ディアリースターズ」
「Dressing Sweet ドレッシングスイート」
「Dream Symphony ドリームシンフォニー」

So probably related to the Idolm@ster thing.

Famitsu website will not stop going on and on about the KJP teaser, and from their coverage it almost certainly sounds like MGS5. I would assume for PS3. Probably the usual trailer + game of show at E3 and TGS for the next 2-3 years :|

Skilletor said:
Me too. It's really sad because I'd love to see what he could do with anything else at all. A new IP would be amazing.

Or a definitive edition of Snatcher in a remake!

Anything but more MGS, really. Unless they remade Ghost Babel for a handheld or something. That would rule.

Top Bottom