• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Q1 Earnings Report

Guled

do DQ9 sold more copies in a of week in japan then Konami sold games in the entire quarter WW, they need a new metal gear every year

Xellos

How are 28% of their sales coming on the Wii? Konami's support on Wii is among the worst from third party publishers. The only recent game I can think of is that Castlevania fighting game.

CTLance

Wait, they predict that roughly half of their sales happen on Wii & PSP in these months?

Which games am I missing out on?

Oxymoron

GDGF said:
Another big company that is making most of its profits from the Wii I see.

The Playstation Family accounted for 48% of Konami's revenue, proving once and for all that Playstation is synonymous with Superior Entertainment.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Xellos said:
How are 28% of their sales coming on the Wii? Konami's support on Wii is among the worst from third party publishers. The only recent game I can think of is that Castlevania fighting game.
Pro Evolution Soccer, maybe?

That and the usual DDR release of the moment, I'd guess.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Pai Pai Master said:
Any lifetime MGS4 sales?
Look at the OP, it's there.

And if you can't be bothered to do that, over 4 million. As Anihawk said, one of the top selling PS3 games, probably only beaten by COD4.
Oxymoron said:
The Playstation Family accounted for 48% of Konami's revenue, proving once and for all that Playstation is synonymous with Superior Entertainment.
(neutral) Oxymoron
(Today, 05:22 AM)
Reply | Quote

xfactor

Banned
GDGF said:
Another big company that is making most of its profits from the Wii I see.

Yah, and like every other stupid companies, they'll see it that they need to put in more effort in other consoles, rather than supporting the Wii more.

Oxymoron said:

Definitely a post made with the right thought in mind!!! You are a member to track!
-America is really gobbling up Konami games though!

Anyway, Dance Dance Revolution for the PS3 better come out this year. Konami dropping support of Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 3 in the US means I am unable to support them this year...well until DDR comes.

They must be glad to have created Metal Gear series...

entremet

Oh, Konami. I loved these guys up until the PSone generation, but now only the Metal Gear stuff interests me these days.

Kinan

Stop It said:
Look at the OP, it's there.

Uhm, no? All I see there are numbers for Q1'09 and Q1'10 and not specifically MGS4, but all MG series. Its can be considered LTD MGS4 numbers only very-very roughly.

Narag

Kinan said:
Uhm, no? All I see there are numbers for Q1'09 and Q1'10 and not specifically MGS4, but all MG series. Its can be considered LTD MGS4 numbers only very-very roughly.

What other metal gear titles have they put out in that timeframe that would consitute anything but statistical noise here?

Kinan

Ok, looked in their FY2009 report - the number there is 4.75M units sold worldwide for MGS4. If you add 0.16 from this Q1 report, then MGS4 is now at 4.91M and will most likely hit 5M this year.

Narag said:
What other metal gear titles have they put out in that timeframe that would consitute anything but statistical noise here?

Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection could sell few tens of thousands, i imaging.

Kinan said:

Well MGS1 did release on the PSN too (I believe a month or two ago), would that be counted in their as well?

[Nintex]

Xellos said:
They own Hudson Soft, which releases games like Deca Sports, Bomberman, Job Island etc. and a bunch of WiiWare titles.

Boyling

Neo Member
I'm really quite unimpressed by what Konami has announced so far. On that list, only Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sticks out somewhat... but there are so many God of War/Devil May Cry games coming out within the year that it's almost a bit sad. I don't know if I believe Castlevania will stand a chance next to Bayonetta, God of War 3 and Dante's Inferno.

Neo C.

When it comes to PES Wii, Konami is incredibly stupid. Such a good product, but always released in a unfavorite time frame so far.

Haunted

Wii is a third party beast.

Can't wait for PES 2010. Clearly their most valuable franchise (along with DDR maybe?).

Wow... Konami needs Kojima or else it's fucked saleswise.....

What new IPs did came from konami the last 10 years?
I do think Konami fucked-up bigtime.

jett said:
Konami is fucking screwed if Kojima ever leaves them.

which is why Konami is probably the biggest disappointment to me this generation.

No disrespect to Kojima- the man is amazing and I love MGS4- but they were really on fire last gen. New quality IPs (i.e. Shadow of Memories, Ring of Red, ZOE) and big time sequels (SH series, MGS series) put them on my radar constantly. With Kojima Productions and Team Silent they had two of the most talented Japanese devs in the business constantly working.

I can only think of two upcoming Konami games I'm looking forward to: SH: Shattered Memories (still no Team Silent :/) and Lord of Shadows. I need to see more of MGS Rising before I think of it as anything other than a spin-off moneygrab.

I really wish the rumors of a new Snatcher coming to the Wii (with the classic on VC) were true.

Bizzyb

Banned
Two things I take from this

1) Konami is shit without Metal Gear (commence the whoring)

2) Their Wii support is plain shit

SailorDaravon said:
I like how Metal Gear is a genre :lol

LOL, also caught my attention.

DDR TO PS3?!??!

FINALLY.

I hope they have a Rock Band setup for DLC.

Anyone have any information on this?

Johann

Ruud_Luiten said:
Wow... Konami needs Kojima or else it's fucked saleswise.....

What new IPs did came from konami the last 10 years?
I do think Konami fucked-up bigtime.

They had Silent Hill, DDR, and the Yu-Gi-Oh licensed games as reliable million+ sellers. However, they are now the guys who make Metal Gear and Winning 11.

Mahew

Banned
[Nintex] said:
They own Hudson Soft, which releases games like Deca Sports, Bomberman, Job Island etc. and a bunch of WiiWare titles.

And it's only thanks to Hudson that Konami has pretty much any presence as a Wii publisher. What a strange generation.

From Konami:

XBOX 360 and PS3
The next generation is now, as the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions take the "Revolution" to an all-new level. Highlighting the enhancements is the introduction of the Octo-Move Mode, which allows the player to simulate real dancing by featuring eight directional arrows. Street Master Mode also makes its return with improved customization and fresh, interactive environments. Players can upload and play as their avatar and, as they dance, watch the background change in real time from day to night. Additionally, players can download over 150 songs from past games and can download new songs on the Xbox 360 and PS3 while enhanced customization features allow players to personalize their DanceDanceRevolution experience. Players can also alter backgrounds and animation effects.

:D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Not really sure one can say "Konami is shit right now" when they are one of the few publishers who actually seem relatively profitable right now with the black ink.

Does it say anywhere what their predictions for their upcoming titles are?
I hope Shattered Memories does well for them!

Is Vandel Hearts PS3 still this year?

HoRNS456

Banned
LOL, had Konami read the market properly and released a MGS title on X360 this last year they would have sold 1 - 2 million copies easily.

HoRNS456 said:
LOL, had Konami read the market properly and released a MGS title on X360 this last year they would have sold 1 - 2 million copies easily.

I doubt they didn't release it because a miscue of reading the market...

HoRNS456

Banned
Why wouldn't they have released a MGS on X360 then? Please don't tell me because of disk size, between compression and multiple disks MGS could easily fit on a DVD(s).

HoRNS456 said:
Why wouldn't they have released a MGS on X360 then? Please don't tell me because of disk size, between compression and multiple disks MGS could easily fit on a DVD(s).

Because Metal Gear Rising isn't finished yet?

It looks like Konami is ramping up their production from ehre on out. They are really kicking their multiplatform interests into high gear for the next year or so.

Lord of Shadows
Metal gear Rising
Tornado Outbreak?

...more 360 support is good. Wish they had thought of this sooner. (>.>)

Top Bottom