• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW (true 1:1) PS3 Motion Controller video from GamesCom

Status
Not open for further replies.

noah111

Still Alive
Video trailer from Sony's GC conference, showing the new design of the controller as well as it in action with "real" games. They promised a LOT more at TGS, so mark your calendars.

in memory of Wollan

[EDIT] Some shots from the vid;
121gbdc.png

2vd4gur.jpg

eah3zc.jpg

kcdny1.png

...In comparison to the E3 09 Demo, courtesy of cakefoo.
2yy1j4h.jpg

What are the odds that Sentry would be the OP?

Anywho, some of those games look like they could be fun, especially that survival horror one.

So much for removing the spheres. At least it doesn't jut out so oddly.

One more month, let's hear straight from Japanese developers what they've got in mind.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sentry said:
Video trailer from Sony's GC conference, showing the new design of the controller as well as it in action with "real" games. They promised a LOT more at TGS, so mark your calendars.

in memory of Wollan

many games ( I guess mostly mini games ) , that Creepy house when you use wand as flashlight one sound like full release but let wait for TGS , I like the lights ideas too .

AniHawk

DMPrince said:
FFXIII will be the first retail game to fully support this controller.
god i hope not

What if it just makes menu selection easier?

I'd like to see some more of the "gamer games" Sony promised. Eyetoy's fun and everything, but I'm more interested in what looked to be some horror game.

EDIT: At any rate, it's looking more solid than Natal and smoother than the Wiimote.

alba

Little is the new Big
Fersis said:
I miss Wollan. :(

Me too :(

I don't really care much about all three motion sensing technologies up to this point so, if they ever implant it in a good way for hardcore games then sure cool but other than that... (like the shield and sword demo would be awesome with demon's souls)

Bring on TGS!

noah111

Still Alive
Freedom = $1.05 said:
What are the odds that Sentry would be the OP?

Anywho, some of those games look like they could be fun, especially that survival horror one.
:lol Well I was the first to post it in the old thread, someone asked for a new thread to be posted, so I did.

Zen said:
What happened to wollan.
Banned.. forevers. ;_;

Paracelsus

Am I wrong, or I am seeing sort of a gdr (the one with third person view and with the Fable-ish artstyle), a beat em up and a first person adventure/survival?

If yeah, that's a great way to start with the Wand.

mr_nothin

Banned
Lets start a thread in Off-Topic and be completely On-Topic in the name of Wollan.
lol

But anyways,
The thread title made me laugh. I want to see all console RTS games have support for these controllers.

It looks good, but so did the Wii's motion controller at first.

I'm worried that motion control will NEVER work without force feedback. Hard to imagine two swords clashing on the TV while your own controller is still free to do whatever you want. A flashlight or a gun will work fine though, as well as any number of casual games, but apart from that, I don't think we've reached the future just yet.

noah111

Still Alive
autobzooty said:
It looks good, but so did the Wii's motion controller at first.

I'm worried that motion control will NEVER work without force feedback. Hard to imagine two swords clashing on the TV while your own controller is still free to do whatever you want. A flashlight or a gun will work fine though, as well as any number of casual games, but apart from that, I don't think we've reached the future just yet.
I thought it does have force feedback? Pretty sure that was confirmed a while back..

Sentry said:
I thought it does have force feedback? Pretty sure that was confirmed a while back..

How is a stick in my hand supposed to resist the movement of my entire arm?

rumble =/= force feedback

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Looks good. I'll get it when available if Sony supports it with some strong software.

The best part about it is that many of those same fanboys who always argued that people looked stupid playing the Wii will now be defending a controller with a giant glowing ball at the end :lol

The RPG shown in that video looks really interesting. It looks like there is a fair amount of software in development for this. More than I expected at this stage.

teiresias

I'm still hoping it's some kind of break-apart DS3/Motion control hybrid that clips together for normal controller use and breaks apart for wand use.

noah111

Still Alive
autobzooty said:
How is a stick in my hand supposed to resist the movement of my entire arm?
rumble =/= force feedback
Don't complain or ask questions that you yourself don't have an answer to, especially in the gaming arena. If you have a problem with something at least offer a solution, or an alternative.

StuBurns

Banned
I wonder what that bit with the torch was. It actually looked like a real project.

One thing this has done, is guarantee I buy EyePet, as I don't have a camera yet.

I don't get, how they are getting away with this. They are just outright copying concepts, with different technologies. What was once being called a gimmick, is going to be status quo. Same goes for the Natal stuff.

Tsk tsk. What will they think of next, colouring it white, switching off a few cores in those processors. They're already advertising slim as being more energy efficient. :lol :lol

EDIT: I totally forgot about the whole torch/horror game crap. Deja vu, anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom