• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix TGS Site is up

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
duckroll said:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs09/

Playable titles: 4 Warriors of Light, FFXIII, FFCC Crystal Bearers, KH Birth by Sleep, Front Mission Evolved

Video only: Dissidia Universal Tuning, FFXIV

Not present: FFVersusXIII, FFAgitoXIII, The 3rd Birthday

That's a bit disappointing - but I guess they don't want to split their focus too much, FFXIII is important enough for me not to be too sad.

That being said, it's kind of weird that they are giving FFXIV more attention at TGS than FFXIIIversus. You'd think that they'd want to talk about the game closer to release more.

FFXIIIversus is going to come out before XIV right? Right?

carlo6529

duckroll said:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs09/

Playable titles: 4 Warriors of Light, FFXIII, FFCC Crystal Bearers, KH Birth by Sleep, Front Mission Evolved

Video only: Dissidia Universal Tuning, FFXIV

Not present: FFVersusXIII, FFAgitoXIII, The 3rd Birthday

Hopefully we get some really good footage of FFXIV; I thought for sure there would be another playable demo there different from the last.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Kinitari said:
That's a bit disappointing - but I guess they don't want to split their focus too much, FFXIII is important enough for me not to be too sad.

That being said, it's kind of weird that they are giving FFXIV more attention at TGS than FFXIIIversus. You'd think that they'd want to talk about the game closer to release more.

360 port is probably holding it back

again.

imtehman

Banned
Kinitari said:

Honestly? I'd say their saving that for MS conference at E3 next year =/

duckroll said:
Looks like NieR isn't present at TGS either. I wonder why...
Don't they usually update their TGS page with a few more titles during the weeks leading up? I mean, wouldn't understand why they would keep this title off the TGS page until later but just saying.
Kinitari said:

Bet they're saving the new Versus and Agito trailer that'll come on a special DVD with the limited edition Final Fantasy XIII. :lol

duckroll

GoldandBlue said:
Don't they usually update their TGS page with a few more titles during the weeks leading up? I mean, wouldn't understand why they would keep this title off the TGS page until later but just saying.

Yes, there usually are some more surprises as they update the site and announce new titles. But yeah, like you said, it's not something they would keep "off" the site until later. Doesn't really make much sense. It's weird to see an initial S-E TGS line-up page so empty honestly, I guess they're really trying to focus hard on the titles they have at hand for now.

I can't wait to see more of FF XIII, Crystal Bearers and KH birth by sleep. It sucks that we won't see FFVersusXIII, FFAgitoXIII, and The 3rd Birthday. :(

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
duckroll said:
Looks like NieR isn't present at TGS either. I wonder why...

Probably because Square realized no one wants to play it. Or at least not pay to play it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
MikeE21286 said:
so what's the speculation on the FFXIII jp release date. They're unveiling it here right?

I think its being unveiled at an event like next week? I suspect it will be December.

duckroll

I dunno what you mean by "prologue" but Nomura basically said the first part of the game is at a playable stage of completion. The way the language is used is that there are terms for beginning, middle and end. Basically narrative works can be described with a 3 Act system. In English it would be like saying "Most of the early parts of the game is playable now" or something like that.

yankee666

So no Dragon Quest X or PE 3, not even in video form??? Damn i was hopping for at least an early look at those. I guess 2010 release window is a dream for any of those games

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Kinitari said:
I'm not sure why you even thought that was happening

yankee666 said:
So no Dragon Quest X or PE 3, not even in video form??? Damn i was hopping for at least an early look at those. I guess 2010 release window is a dream for any of those games
And I'm really not sure why you thought that was happening

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
duckroll said:
I dunno what you mean by "prologue" but Nomura basically said the first part of the game is at a playable stage of completion. The way the language is used is that there are terms for beginning, middle and end. Basically narrative works can be described with a 3 Act system. In English it would be like saying "Most of the early parts of the game is playable now" or something like that.

That's what I meant, the beginning.

Has there ever been gameplay footage of Front Mission Evolved posted anywhere. I skulked around and could only find rendered trailers.

duckroll

Kagari said:
That's what I meant, the beginning.

Yeah but when I hear "prologue" it gets on my nerves because my brain keeps thinking that story details have actually been announced. After all, we know that they're planning on breaking the game into "episodes" like a TV series, complete with cliffhangers and stuff. So it pains me whenever I realize we still know nothing about the actual game's presentation and story. :/

batbeg

Playable Front Mission Evolved? Surprising... I wouldn't think they'd want the first hands-on session to be held at a Japanese show, but I guess they thought otherwise.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I guess they're going to keep FFXIV back this time around after their poor showing at Gamescom. As long as better, more in depth information comes out, that's probably for the best.

Top Bottom