• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta demo coming October 8th (in Japan)

Gentlemen, start your system wars! Sega announced today a final availability date for its promised Bayonetta demo. Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners will have access to the download on October 8.

Sega says that the PS3 and Xbox 360 demos will offer different stages. The actual content list provided by Sega, however, suggests that the only difference is an extra stage for 360 owners.

The PS3 demo, clocking in at 1,196MB, will include a tutorial and The Angel's Metropolis stage. The Xbox 360 demo, at 770MB, will include the tutorial, The Angel's Metropolis stage, and the Falling Clock Tower prologue stage.

Both demos will provide options for camera, sound and display adjustments.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/10/01/bayonetta_demo/

21015y9.gif

YES!!

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Y2Kev said:
haha leave out the level that was running like crap

Yeah, probably that. But would you rather they left it in, running like crap (assuming you had a ps3) and making a bad impression on the ones that don't know about it?

That's a first, isn't it? Having a multiplatform demo hit the same day and have more content on one platform than the other, I mean. Kind of a long time before the actual game gets released here, though.

duckroll

Sword Familiar said:
Yeah, probably that. But would you rather they left it in, running like crap (assuming you had a ps3) and making a bad impression on the ones that don't know about it?

I would rather they release a demo which more accurately represents what consumers will be getting, yes.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
I would rather they release a demo which more accurately represents what consumers will be getting, yes.
you're putting too much faith in the melodramatic gaming community. releasing a level that may be an isolated case, or one of very few, wouldn't be an effective way to show your audience what the game will play like. When there's only a tutorial, a solid level and a clunky level, it can over-blow the issue to absurd proportions because it effectively makes up one third of the experience the consumer gets to play, whereas, in reality, it will, presumably, take up far less of the complete package.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:

The PS3 demo, clocking in at 1,196MB, will include a tutorial and The Angel's Metropolis stage.

The Xbox 360 demo, at 770MB, will include the tutorial, The Angel's Metropolis stage, and the Falling Clock Tower prologue stage.

eheh, clever they include that stage in the 360 demo only as apparently it's the most telling about how shitty of a port the PS3 version is.

Sword Familiar

duckroll said:

If they intend to fix it, then there's no point, really.

duckroll

Keyser Soze said:
But it is really, really bad in its current state. Platinum Games are not even involved

Do you know this as a fact from first hand experience, or are you going by impressions from TGS?

Sword Familiar said:
If they intend to fix it, then there's no point, really.

The game is coming out 3 weeks after the demo. They're not going to be fixing anything.

Sword Familiar

duckroll said:
Do you know this as a fact from first hand experience, or are you going by impressions from TGS?

The game is coming out 3 weeks after the demo. They're not going to be fixing anything.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Truespeed

Keyser Soze said:
PS3 demos are always bigger due to different compression

I don't see why they would use a different compression algorithm since they're agnostic. The only reasons I can see are:

a) They included higher quality sound and music.
b) The PS3 support libraries they needed to bundle were just bigger.
c) Their port is just very inefficient.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The demo will be really important to me. If the PS3 version is good, I'll get the Japanese version on PS3 in October. If it's a ridiculous difference, I'll wait for the US 360 version next year....

rikichi

Lookin very much forward to playing this demo.

Great time to decide whether or not I should import the game.

ckeur

duckroll said:

It depends on if the quality of that level is indicative of the final product, whether that be enhancements and performance tweaks to the same level between demo and retail, or if that one level is not representative of the rest of the game (which is still slightly misleading).

duckroll

thetrin said:
The demo will be really important to me. If the PS3 version is good, I'll get the Japanese version on PS3 in October. If it's a ridiculous difference, I'll wait for the US 360 version next year....

That's kinda my thinking as well, except the demo will also determine whether I actually want to buy this game at all in the first place. :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
JP demos only? Weird to put out a demo in the US when the game isn't coming out for another 3-4+ months later. o_O

Also, I fall in ducky's camp. Time to see if this is worth the hype.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
duckroll said:
That's kinda my thinking as well, except the demo will also determine whether I actually want to buy this game at all in the first place. :)

Well yes, and then there's that. :p

Wow, that's sooner than I expected. Time to see if the shitty music and ridiculousness will prevent me from enjoying the game!

Truespeed said:
I don't see why they would use a different compression algorithm since they're agnostic. The only reasons I can see are:

a) They included higher quality sound and music.
b) The PS3 support libraries they needed to bundle were just bigger.
c) Their port is just very inefficient.
Virtually every game that is multiplatform that releases across PSN/XBLA and every multiplatform demo always ends up the same way with X360 version being smaller, yet there is rarely a discernible difference between the versions in terms of audio or texture quality.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I like the music in a weird "oh, this fits, who'd have thunk it" kind of way. :mad:

Mrbob

I'm guessing these demos are for japan only?

I'll have to get the PS3 one then since I don't have a japan 360 account. Too bad it is missing content.

lupinko

duckroll said:

I concur with this, and in its place my coupon went toward the more guaranteed awesomeness of 3D Dot Game Heroes.

edit:

MightyHedgehog said:
Kind of a long time before the actual game gets released here, though.

Pretty sure these demos are only for Japan.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Will use one of my remaining month free accounts if this is JP only.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gonna be fucking AWESOME

Top Bottom