• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forest Whitaker turning into 50 cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpserot

There is no way this movie could be good with 50 cent in a starring role. It sounds like it would be sort of cool if they got an actual actor.

Blader

gdt5016 said:
WTF is Whitaker doing? He's a goddamn Best Actor.

yjvvn78

harSon

Banned
gdt5016 said:
This is forever old.

It's not like studios are lined up at his front door with roles, dude deserves a lot more recognition then he gets. Like 4 of his last 7 films have been straight to DVD...

PoliceCop

Banned
Forest Whitaker has done a ton of shitty movies. The best thing he's done in recent years is the Mountain Dew "Dewmocracy" campaign. Man, that was great.

corpserot

PoliceCop said:
Forest Whitaker has done a ton of shitty movies. The best thing he's done in recent years is the Mountain Dew "Dewmocracy" campaign. Man, that was great.
He was excellent in The Shield, that wasn't too long ago was it?

harSon

Banned
PoliceCop said:

The Last King of Scotland and The Great Debtors happened during the last few years

gdt5016 said:
This is forever old.

He's a gigantic black dude with a fucked up eye. Its not like they can cast him in a romantic comedy opposite Sandra Bullock.

Don't know if this was pre or post Oscar, but he was money in The Shield, and not too bad in that Keanu Reeves cop movie that came out a year or so ago.

gdt

Ninja Scooter said:
He's a gigantic black dude with a fucked up eye. Its not like they can cast him in a romantic comedy opposite Sandra Bullock.

Shit, I'd pay to see that.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Forest is such a good actor, but his movie choices are odd. Some of the straight to video stuff he has done has been shit.

I really enjoyed him in movies like Panic Room, Last King of Scotland. He's been in a few other roles i thought he was great in.

PoliceCop

Banned
harSon said:
The Last King of Scotland and The Great Debtors happened during the last few years

Scotland was almost 4 years ago, and The Great Debaters doesn't hold a candle to Dewmocracy. We, the people, got to choose the new Mountain Dew flavor and design the packaging.

harSon

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:

Don't know if this was pre or post Oscar, but he was money in The Shield, and not too bad in that Keanu Reeves cop movie that came out a year or so ago.

As opposed to the short and fat Phillip Seymour Hoffman who has been given a shit load of viable roles?

Odoul

Commodore_Perry said:
Fuck yeah, so would I!

No. I also came into this thread and am disappoint.

Also... No love for Ghost Dog?
Was an awesome movie.

And yes he was quite excellent in The Shield

I'm more inclined to see something with him in it than to dismiss it.

The first movie I saw him in was Species.

He always seems to pick the nonstandard roles, which is cool with me.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Commodore_Perry said:
Fuck yeah, so would I!

No. I also came into this thread and am disappoint.

Also... No love for Ghost Dog?

Oh god, thanks. I saw part of this movie once on IFC and always wanted to watch the rest. Man that was a long time ago... I can check one thing off my list of things to do before I die now.

I fucking hate Hollywood....this COULD be a very interesting movie, a take on J&H with two black leads...and somebody had to make sure a rapper is involved. Even if they needed to get a "thug" for Hyde...there is plenty of black beef they could have looked at for something like this. Could be interesting but 50 will ruin this. I saw that Get Rich movie he did and he was laughable at best.

Regardless, Forest is great in everything I've seen him in. Even if it's a small role like Platoon or The Crying Game.

Vantage Point was pure shit, but he was the best thing in it. Same with Panic Room.

I haven't seen the Scientology movie so I can't vouch for that...:D

I don't care how many shitty movies he does this guy has long EARNED my respect
when he has a good script he makes the character breathe with awesomeness

you just have to know which of his films to watch lots of great stuff out there from him

I started respecting him after The Crying Game

soul creator said:
just watched him in Powder Blue (came for the Biel, stayed for the...well I dunno)

Him and Lisa Kudrow hooking up? Really?

I've never seen that movie but for what it's worth, his wife is a lot more attractive and like ten years younger than Kudrow...

2646no3.jpg

sp9kao.jpg

HurricaneJesus said:
Loved him in Species.

Best part of that movie, besides Natasha Henstridge's nude form, was when a woman behind me screamed out to Whitaker, "Use yo powers, asshole!" when the monster is looming behind him.

WTF at him being psychic in that movie??!?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Whitaker is the poster boy of the talented actor, who manages to pick so many shitty roles. I cant think of anyone else working who brings such talent and variety yet manages to constantly pick shitty roles. But every few years does an amazing role that reminds everyone he is an amazing actor. :lol

shintoki said:
Whitaker is the poster boy of the talented actor, who manages to pick so many shitty roles. I cant think of anyone else working who brings such talent and variety yet manages to constantly pick shitty roles. But every few years does an amazing role that reminds everyone he is an amazing actor. :lol

Maybe he only has shitty movies to choose from? I doubt he is being offered the top tier stuff.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I like forest whitaker, all his characters look like they are sad though. I think it's the eye.

Also ghost dog was soooo terrible. Never do that again Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom