• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 Special Edition Revealed

bioshock2se.jpg

The Special Edition will come in 13"x13” premium packaging with special art on both the slipcase and the box cover. Inside, you will find three posters featuring vintage ads from Rapture (rolled), a vinyl 180g LP featuring the orchestral score from the original BioShock, a CD containing the BioShock 2 orchestral score, a 164 page 8"x11" hardbound artbook chock full of developer commentary and, of course, a copy of BioShock 2.

This edition will be available on February 9th, 2010 for $99.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3 and $89.99 for Games for Windows LIVE and is limited to a single production run. You'll be able to preorder the Special Edition in most countries worldwide, starting now.

Looks good. I'll be picking this up.

Cult of Rapture Article

rhino4evr

it comes with Vinyl? Awesome...I wonder how many kids are going to get this, and think "WTF is this giant black disc for?"

scotcheggz

Like the fact it is on vinyl, but unfortunately special editions aren't my thing. Just was surprised they did something so classy as opposed to the usual LOL PLASTIC FIGURINE.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Maan, I was hoping for a big daddy cat helmet.

On a serious note, that is pretty damned awesome. Didn't the first Bioshock only have a special edition as the result of fans asking for it? I can't complain when special editions are handled like this.

rhino4evr said:
it comes with Vinyl? Awesome...I wonder how many kids are going to get this, and think "WTF is this giant black disc for?"

Believe it or not, there's been kind of a vinyl renaissance the last few years. Some folks are only buying vinyls. Weird, I know but they do sound awesome.

epmode

Man, that's actually a really nice CE. One of the VERY few.

I'd even consider getting it if it were possible to punch the CD key into Steam.

Solo

Vanilla version, day 15 or so, if the reviews dont show the game being the massacre Im expecting it to be.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
rhino4evr said:
You know, I still don't buy that kids today don't know what Records are. They may of never seen a real player, but I still want to think they have an idea of what one is.

Firestorm

epmode said:
Man, that's actually a really nice CE. One of the VERY few.

I'd even consider getting it if it were possible to punch the CD key into Steam.
I'd be calling EB right now if that were the case.

Gribbix

I'm more impressed by the fact that it includes a full-sized artbook. I rarely buy CEs but I'd definitely be more inclined to go for them if they included full-sized artbooks (and not those tiny half-sized preorder bonuses). Also, steelbooks suck. I don't know why so many people on this forum like them. They're easily dented and I prefer the uniformity of a regular case.

Nachkebia

Banned
Every time I buy Special or Limited edition game I swear that I will never do it, what a waste of money, one limited edition I did not regret was resistance 2, I really love the toy...

matmanx1

Awesome special edition, no doubt about that. I have my doubts that the game will be worth it this time around, however. No Ken Levine = no longer an automatic purchase.

Nizz

rhino4evr said:
:lol Yeah.
I feel so old. :(
This is a great Special Edition in my book.

Darklord

Banned
When did shit like this warrant $100US? Remember when a collectors edition was only $10 more? Sorry but 3 posters, an already free soundtrack, another soundtrack and a art book isn't worth an extra $40.

FHIZ

Meh I've already committed myself to the awesome looking God of War III CE. Not gonna spend another 100 bucks

Darklord said:
When did shit like this warrant $100US? Remember when a collectors edition was only $10 more? Sorry but 3 posters, an already free soundtrack, another soundtrack and a art book isn't worth an extra $40.
The soundtrack alone is probably nearly half of that extra $40.

LCfiner

If I was a vinyl slut, I would consider this.

But, as it is now, I consider it tempting (mainly for the artbook) but I'll have to pass. 100 bucks is too much for a single game + bonus content.

Dax01 said:
Eh. 3/10. No action figure means it's bad?

No, I didn't think the action figure from the first Bioshock special edition was all that great. Demon's Souls special edition is where it's at. For $10 more you get guide, case for game and guide, ost, and art book.

epmode

dark10x said:
I'm curious as to why so many people are hell bent on Steam support...
Because physical media sucks.

I haven't had to use a CD or DVD for a PC game in years now. It's lovely.

Top Bottom