• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About Captain Tsubasa 2 soundtrack...

Echoes

Captain_Tsubasa_Vol._II_-_Super_Striker_Coverart.png

Captain Tsubasa 2 on the NES. It has probably my favorite soundtrack of all time, and I discovered today that the guys who did it are More Yamasan, Metal Yuki and Mayuko Okamura (from a youtube video). I'm curious, could anybody tell me if they composed another game's soundtrack?

Complementary awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgJm4-lAKj4

And I love this remix a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JCCX4OTS5U&feature=PlayList&p=1AFDC776C0976D12&index=12

RuGalz

My friend and I were just talking about this game yesterday. So much child hood memories around this game.

Gomu Gomu

Excellent game. And the anime was terrific too.

Anyway, I'm not sure, but I believe Yamasan did the music for Ninja Gaiden games on the NES, which also has awesome music.

jett

D-Member
Ahhhh fond memories of Captain Tsubasa 3 on the SNES. Music sounds really similiar.

An aside, I remember the music of Captain Tsubasa J(the anime) being pretty decent too.

To answer your question, Okamura worked on Ninja Gaiden II on the NES, and Yamasan is credited in the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, so he probably worked on III.

Ifrit

jett said:
Ahhhh fond memories of Captain Tsubasa 3 on the SNES. Music sounds really similiar.

An aside, I remember the music of Captain Tsubasa J(the anime) being pretty decent too.

To answer your question, Okamura worked on Ninja Gaiden II on the NES, and Yamasan is credited in the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, so he probably worked on III.

Captain Tsubasa 3 was the shit, great music too. I should definitely check out the music for the second title if it's similar (but I can't right now, because I'm at work).

EDIT: And yeah, Oliver Atom bitches.

AAK

jett said:
Screw that, Oliver Atton ftw.

Bwahaha, Oliver didn't even have half the impact Majid did on the youth. Heck, even Japanese humanitarian workers in Iraq bore it's colors on its van to show neutrality.

Captain Majid, even taking over your water tankers:

Tsubasa-thumb.jpg

jett

D-Member
Regulus Tera said:
I never understood why they changed Oliver and Benji's names but they kept Hyouga and the like in the Spanish dub.

Well...it's Steve Hyuga. :lol It's the spanish dub yet they combine a japanese last name with an english first name.

Q8D3vil

WTF MAN
i was talking to my friend 10 minutes ago about how awesome is captain tsubasa soundtrack

gaf reading minds now ?! :lol

wRATH2x

Banned
AAK said:
Tsubasa?

Who is this nobody!

Captain Majid fools!

881fa1bd2c.jpg
عاد اليكم من جديد
Captain Majid>>>>Everything you love.

Echoes

Wrath2X said:
عاد اليكم من جديد
Captain Majid>>>>Everything you love.
Agreed. Arabic Tsubasa > the original IMO :lol

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm downloading Ninja Gaiden via VC ASAP.

Top Bottom