• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F@$* you Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

Banned
Whaling is obviously bad, but these anti whalers bitch so much about receiving hostility when it is them who are the aggressors.

noisome07

Banned
11jm4n7.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
"According to the Institute of Cetacean Research, the Ady Gil's crew were launching projectiles at the Nisshin Maru, and attempted to entangle its propellors with rope."

He said, she said.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I'm not a big supporter of the whaling industry.. but the ship was evidently trying to destroy the propeller of the whaling ships.. so it isn't like it wasn't trying to start shit.

DemiMatt

qq moare |

The stealth boat belonging to anti-whaling group Sea Shepherd

Seriously, after watching whale wars
i know this makes me an expert
I think its the protesters who are wrong not the japanese. The fact that they are all butthurt over their stealth ship getting cut in half is lame because if the japanese could not see it on radar then those int he craft should have been more vigilent.

But it does actually seem like they rammed it.

Anyways screw those whale loving hippies.

Purkake4

Banned
DemiMatt said:
I think its the protesters who are wrong not the japanese. The fact that they are all butthurt over their stealth ship getting cut in half is lame because if the japanese could not see it on radar then those int he craft should have been more vigilent.

Would you say that they shot themselves in the foot?

Askani

"I want a boat to stop whaling ships."

"We can build it for you."

"And I have to be able to sabotage other ships with it."

"Okay..."

"And it has to be stealth."

"Uhm, I guess we can do that too..."

"And it has to look like the Bat-boat."

"Why?"

"Because I'm the Goddamn Batman!"

EDIT ::::: :::::

Ack! Beaten. But seriously, yeah...it's the Bat-boat.

Troidal

The Sea Shepherd again? God damn they're like the wrong kinds of conservationalists...

Now I'm gonna eat my whale bacon sandwich here thank you.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The whale wars hippies are idiots who I have no sympathy for, but I also despise the Japanese whalers. My dream would be to see a fleet of anti whalers and Japanese whaling boats collide in a horrific explosion killing all involved.

missbreedsiddx said:
The whale wars hippies are idiots who I have no sympathy for, but I also despise the Japanese whalers. My dream would be to see a fleet of anti whalers and Japanese whaling boats collide in a horrific explosion killing all involved.

except, you know, the whales.

Zyzyxxz

well they got what they had coming to them but the whalers need to stop that shit too.

Whaling is wrong right now since I do not believe there is any good evidence that whale populations have grown stable enough to support it.

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
Shawsie64 said:
Good, fuck the Sea Shepherds.. nothing but a bunch of hippies putting everyones lives in danger.
They're only putting whaler's lives in danger, and whaling is a pretty despicable thing to do.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Watching that boat ride in the water was hilarious, so fuckin slow and ungainly, probably snapped in half on its own........ it's not an open water boat.

Macca

Good. These anti whaling groups want to fire missiles and shit at the whaling boats, then they should be prepared for retaliation.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
can't see this as a bad thing

1. more attention for this shitty japanese whaler fuck holes
2. the captain is obviously a clown if he can't avoid a whale boat in the batboat
3. let's not pretend that all the anti-whalers wont love the sense of danger this brings.

also I think it's nice a skirmish can still be fought without the use of massively high tech weaponry.

DemiMatt said:
qq moare |

yeah uh, whales don't deserve to be overpoached. Fuck you.

Schrade

ZephyrFate said:
yeah uh, whales don't deserve to be overpoached. Fuck you.
Of course they don't but that doesn't make the Sea Shepard hippies fine, upstanding people. They're douchy assholes that deserve whatever happens to them.

Japanese whalers as douchy assholes too.

Schrade said:
Of course they don't but that doesn't make the Sea Shepard hippies fine, upstanding people. They're douchy assholes that deserve whatever happens to them.

Japanese whalers as douchy assholes too.
IF only there was a button to make both explode at the same time, so no one would fret over hunted whales ever again. The whales could live in peace.

El Papa

That boat looks pretty agile, how the fuck did it hit a big ass Japanese whaling boat? they must have been right up in its rectum.

Macca007 said:
Good. These anti whaling groups want to fire missiles and shit at the whaling boats, then they should be prepared for retaliation.

they're not firing missiles, they get up top and toss little jars that essentially amount to stink bombs

Suzaku

I don't believe anything that idiot Captain Watson says. On that show he ordered two members of his crew to board a Japanese whaling ship and then reported to the press that his crew had been kidnapped.

xbhaskarx

Suzaku said:
I don't believe anything that idiot Captain Watson says. On that show he ordered two members of his crew to board a Japanese whaling ship and then reported to the press that his crew had been kidnapped.

Really? I really need to watch Whale Wars...

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
xbhaskarx said:
Really? I really need to watch Whale Wars...

Its pretty hilarious. They decide to do their first rubber boat deploy in Arctic waters............ they flip the boat whiles its full of people.

Mohonky

El Papa said:
That boat looks pretty agile, how the fuck did it hit a big ass Japanese whaling boat? they must have been right up in its rectum.

They likely sat in front of it on purpose. Sea hippies are always complaining they get rammed by these whaling ships. They have a turning circle of what, half a kilometer?

I find it hard to believe a whaling ship out maneuvered that tiny ass thing and rammed it....

Mohonky

Interview with Paul Watson on TV;

The boat cost 1.5million? They spent 1.5million on that thing? Who the fuck is funding them? The UAE?

Apparently the Japanese security vessel 'turned sharply' (because those things are so agile) and managed to hit the 'stationary' stealth boat.

So this 1.5million dollar stealth boat was unable to move out of it's way? I find that very hard to believe. The crew were able to throw the vehicle into reverse so the ship could only use it's calculated strike at the front bow.

Sea Shepherd claim the Ady Gil was idling when the harpoon ship suddenly made a run at it, leaving it with no time to get out of the way of the fatal blow.

A group associated with the whalers has released a statement claiming its vessel was "subject to attack today for about two hours" before the incident.

"The Ady Gil came to collision distance directly in front of the Nisshin Maru bow repeatedly deploying and towing a rope from its stern with the intent to entangle the Japanese vessels rudder and propeller," the statement says.

Them being parked up after the ship and trying to disable it sounds like a more likely story to me. I don't believe for a second the smaller Agy Gil wasn't able to out run a large security vessel unless it was already in a position where the crew had deliberately put it in dangers way.

I don't care for whatever tactics they choose to use but to try and put the blame entirely on the security vessel for them being hit is what bugs me. It's always someone else fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom