• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 confirmed

Kifimbo

From a PR about Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online:

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online Open Beta Highlights Strong EA Sports Golf Portfolio for 2010
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 to Ship This June

Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today the upcoming product lineup for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® franchise, which includes the launch of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® Online open beta and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 11 on multiple consoles this June.

[...]

In addition, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 will be available on the Wii™, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 and iPhone™ platforms.

No real details so far.

Glass Soldier said:
No DS/PSP Versions? Did they sell that poor? (Not that I'm really interested in either one)

PSP is Hot Shots Golf land. No loss really.

DS hasn't had a Tiger Woods game since 08, I believe. Even at that, it was still a buggy mess.

V_Ben

Banned
Glass Soldier said:
No DS/PSP Versions? Did they sell that poor? (Not that I'm really interested in either one)

maybe EA is rethinking its handheld structure, and focusing more on iPhone.

Mulberry

My wife will be happy, Tiger Woods is about the only thing she plays.

Not a reference to Tiger's sex addiction you dirty bastards...

Billen

Banned
So, is it a golfing game still, or have they gone for the popular "stealth gaming" route? I imagine an Assassin's Creed/Tom Clancy mix, played out in hotel rooms and expensive luxury resorts.

PGA Tour 11, now complete with career AND relationships modes. Try out the new Escape-A-Wife mode in the upcoming demo next Wednesday!

Gamecocks625 said:
PSP is Hot Shots Golf land. No loss really.

DS hasn't had a Tiger Woods game since 08, I believe. Even at that, it was still a buggy mess.

I absolutely loved Hot Shots/Everybody's Golf 2 so I'm not crying over this. I'd still like to have a third game :-(

Didn't know about the missing DS-Games, guess I haven't paid that much attention.

I find it weird that Tiger Woods has his name on the game. Not because of the scandal, but because he's not playing golf for the time being.

For the first time in the series, EA will try to merge a golf game with a dating sim in the new "play the pros - bang the hos" game mode.

I wonder if the the whole scandal things will hurt sales of the game. I hope not, the games have been getting better and better every year.

bjaelke

ScrabbleDude said:
I find it weird that Tiger Woods has his name on the game. Not because of the scandal, but because he's not playing golf for the time being.
Madden NFL...

It's all about brand value. Also I find the title Sean O'Hair's PGA Tour to be a bit creepy.

snoopeasystreet said:
For the first time in the series, EA will try to merge a golf game with a dating sim in the new "play the pros - bang the hos" game mode.
It better make good use of Motion Plus.

Luigiv

ScrabbleDude said:
That's true, he did retire last year. I would rather a Mike Weir PGA Tour.
If EA did this, my reaction would be "Who the hell is Mike Weir?". They're sticking to Tiger for 2 reasons. First, Tiger Woods is the only golfer anyone who doesn't follow the pro-league knows and these more casual fans of the sport do make up a good chunk of the games sales. Second, like with Madden NFL, EA has already established a brand that people associate with their golf video games, to discard the brand would confuse some of their fanbase.

ScrabbleDude said:
Its not like he retired, he is just not playing for the time being. Tiger misses alot of the smaller tournaments anyways. He might be back before this game even ships.

Raide

Loved the Wii version due to the Motion+, looking forward to seeing what happens with the next Natal/Arc Wand versions too.

Keikaku

The Wii version of Tiger Woods '10 was awesome! I spent so much time with that game and I'm glad that I don't have it on hand right now because I'm sure my college grades would be much lower :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Even before the scandal I knew I would not be buying another tiger woods golf game. I hope they try to do something to eliminate the 25 under par scores in a single round or I suppose more will join the exodus.

Luigiv

Raide said:
Loved the Wii version due to the Motion+, looking forward to seeing what happens with the next Natal/Arc Wand versions too.
Sony wand seems like a shoe-in, Should work pretty much identically to whatever the WM+ controls are like in this version. Natal, I'm not so sure, miming a golf swing empty handed feels terrible and I'm sure most people won't warm up to the idea of swing a real gold club in there living rooms. Well actually on second thought, if Natal was setup to just look at you're body movements then you'd free to hold whatever you want in your hands to avoid the empty handed golf swing feeling.

Vinci

Danish
Nah. I'm good with what I got. Should be pretty good though. I'm just not an annual purchase type of guy, I think.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
rcrn9w.png

done in Paint, haha... sorry

They should take a page from Japanese sim games. In addition to golf, you have to "manage" Tiger's "stress" by visiting shady motels in each stop on the tour. All with Wii+ support, of course.

Top Bottom