• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new dominoes pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lkr

Have any GAFers had it yet? Impressions? I despised Dominoes, but occasionally their cheap cardboard was edible if nothing else was available. How is this new stuff?

btkadams

it still tastes like dominoes (if that makes sense) but i have noticed that i like it a lot better. their thin crust pizza is really fucking good.

also: bbq chicken pizza is amazing.

ShinAmano

Had the new stuff...pretty good...cant remember last time I had the old stuff (it has been years) so I am not a good indicator on the change ;)

Lkr said:
Have any GAFers had it yet? Impressions? I despised Dominoes, but occasionally their cheap cardboard was edible if nothing else was available. How is this new stuff?

Yeah, I get it a lot up at college (around once a week) and the new pizza is much better. But I have heard it depends on the place too because my Dominoes does a good job at making the pizzas but other don't, so if you try it and it's bad, try a different Dominoes next time.

GhaleonEB

It's a LOT better than it used to be. Cheese actually tastes like cheese, sauce actually has flavor. Toppings are the same. Only thing they do to the crust is spray it with a garlic flavored Pam after it comes out. It's pretty good.

Of course, it used to be crap, so all that is relative. I think it's a viable cheap option now, whereas before it was the last resort.

Lkr

Those of you that say its horrible - is it worse than old dominoes?

i'm just looking for something very cheap

moojito

A food thread with no pictures?! Fine, I'll do it myself

20091217-dnr-whole-pie.jpg

Looks alright!

Pein

Banned
Lkr said:

well its a step up from the old one, Just buy a frozen pizza. It'll taste better

butts

When I tried this new pizza I actually preferred the old Dominos (for reference, I love cheap "shitty" pizza like Pizza Hut and Papa Johns)

pel1300

I've always considered Domino's a step below Pizza Hut, and Papa John's.

So does this new recipe make it on par w/ the 2?

pel1300

btw, I think Costco's pizza is still the best cheap option.

$10 for an 18 inch...and it tastes better than Domino's or Pizza Hut.

Lkr

butts said:
When I tried this new pizza I actually preferred the old Dominos (for reference, I love cheap "shitty" pizza like Pizza Hut and Papa Johns)
I love the shitty pizza on occasion too, which is why I'm wondering about this. I know it will be nowhere near the awesome taste of some local mom and pop place, but still

nomster

It tastes the exact same except that the crust is seasoned. I do consider it an improvement, but it still sucks.

Baker

Banned
I rarely eat fast food, but I tried one their new pizzas a couple weeks ago. The new crust alone made it feel like my daily fat intake was good for the next three days.

KHarvey16

Oh c'mon. There is no way in hell frozen pizza is better. There are opinions and then there are factually incorrect statements and that would be an example of the latter. Now, I'm not saying Domino's is great or anything but even being on the very low end of delivered pizza it enjoys a position above that of the frozen variety.

Lkr said:

Like I said earlier, get it if you don't like it, then you don't. I think it is better and I stated that it can depend on which Dominoes you get it at, so if you don't like it, wait a few weeks and try it from a different Dominoes, if you don't like it a second time, then you don't have to get it again.

So yes, it is better than the old recipe.

KHarvey16 said:
Oh c'mon. There is no way in hell frozen pizza is better. There are opinions and then there are factually incorrect statements and that would be an example of the latter. Now, I'm not saying Domino's is great or anything but even being on the very low end of delivered pizza it enjoys a position above that of the frozen variety.

This...

Pein

Banned
KHarvey16 said:
try digiorno or tombstone pizza and get back to me

KHarvey16 said:

Tombstone and DiGiorno's are factually better than that slop.

KHarvey16

Pein said:

I've had both. The only thing going for frozen pizza is convenience.

krypt0nian said:

Wrong. Being frozen like that cannot lead to a better product in the end.

It's now slightly above average chain pizza. Which, puts it in the well below average pizza since almost everyone gets their pizza from a local place.

Dominoes is kinda like Denny's in that its not really a place you go, more a place you end up.

smurfy

Neo Member
If you want decent pizza.

1. Phone pizza express
2. Order theQuattro Formaggi with chicken & musroom
3. Collect in less then 15 minute

BLOWS away any Domino's pizza.

Akainu

Pein said:
I like digiorno but I can never finish the crust. It's the only pizza I can't finish completely when eating it whole.

zaxor0

I never really bought Domino's much but some friends ordered some recently. Tasted mediocre, the bread had garlic on it-the only noticeable difference to me. Still prefer papa johns when it comes to cheaper to go pizzas.

Akainu

smurfy said:
If you want decent pizza.

1. Phone pizza express
2. Order theQuattro Formaggi with chicken & musroom
3. Collect in less then 15 minute

BLOWS away any Domino's pizza.
Mushrooms are disgusting.

It's good. They could work a bit more on the cheese IMO but the crust and sauce are miles above what it used to be....

KHarvey16 said:
I've had both. The only thing going for frozen pizza is convenience.

Wrong. Being frozen like that cannot lead to a better product in the end.

Digornios lives up to its name. Great frozen pizza

pel1300

what do you snobs say when you are at a friend's house and they order domino's?

"it's nasty"

"yuck, cardboard"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
krypt0nian said:

Maybe I'm a sucker for marketing, but the new Dominos is certainly better than frozen pizza. I mean, sure, it's now just not significantly worse than other national chain pizza. But that's a huge step up.

edit:

pel1300 said:
what do you snobs say when you are at a friend's house and they order domino's?

"it's nasty"

"yuck, cardboard"

Before? I would say "No, thanks. I don't have to eat pizza simply because it's presented before me. This pizza is bad. You are offering me bad tasting food and I would like to not eat any, if that's okay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom