• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSANE deal: Toy Story 1/2 AND Princess & The Frog Blurays for $6 (total!) at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costanza

Banned
You heard that right.

- Print this (top left, $10 off PATF USA) coupon and this coupon.
- Go to Toys R Us.
- Grab a copy of PATF.
- Grab preorder cards for both Toy Stories.
- Checkout with coupons.
- It'll ring up $2+tax WITH A $10 PREORDER CREDIT TOWARDS TS1/2 because of a promo they have going.
- Go back on Tuesday. The Toy Stories are $16.99 each when you buy both. $33.98. Minus $10 preorder. Minus the two $10 upgrade coupons that are here. Use these 2 UPCs (TS1: 786936294507 TS2: 786936294521) on the site to get the coupons. They should ring up $4 for both.

Total price for all 3 movies: $6.

Holy fuck.

Edit:

Direct links to the $10 Toy Story upgrade coupons

http://disney.eprize.net/movierewards/?page=gwp_banner_redirect&gwp=ts1

http://disney.eprize.net/movierewards/?page=gwp_banner_redirect&gwp=ts2

This will ring up free with PATF if you want. And the Toy Stories each come with a free movie ticket for TS3.

cory

Banned
Would so do this, but no TRU at college. :(
Hopefully Amazon will have a better deal than the 2 TS's for $40.

Don't really want PatF, but both Toy Stories on Blu-Ray?
vq62as.jpg

Will they actually let you use more than one coupon? The 2 PATF coupons look almost identical except for the ammounts. Just seems like most cashiers would refuse to take them both.

Costanza

Banned
digita1alchemy said:
Will they actually let you use more than one coupon? The 2 PATF coupons look almost identical except for the ammounts. Just seems like most cashiers would refuse to take them both.
They've got different expiration dates, barcodes and wording. People have done it already, it all scans fine. if they give you any shit, just say "did you try it?"

FlightOfHeaven said:
Blu-Ray editions?
yes

Vinci

Danish
Costanza said:
You heard that right.

- Print this (top left, $10 off PATF USA) coupon and this coupon.
- Go to Toys R Us.
- Grab a copy of PATF.
- Grab preorder cards for both Toy Stories.
- Checkout with coupons.
- It'll ring up $2+tax WITH A $10 PREORDER CREDIT TOWARDS TS1/2 because of a promo they have going.
- Go back on Tuesday. The Toy Stories are $16.99 each when you buy both. $33.98. Minus $10 preorder. Minus the two $10 upgrade coupons that will be here. You'll use these 2 UPCs (TS1: 786936294507 TS2: 786936294521) on the site to get the coupons. They should ring up $4 for both.

Total price for all 3 movies: $6.

Holy fuck.

I'm going to print out your instructions and potentially do this later if I can remember to, but... it IS an insanely good deal.

What the? it wants to me to install "custom coupon printing software"

hmm

I look forward to this thread being bumped in a month with the title INSANE deal (only your soul... again!) or something like that

Costanza

Banned
HamPster PamPster said:
What the? it wants to me to install "custom coupon printing software"

hmm

I look forward to this thread being bumped in a month with the title INSANE deal (only your soul... again!) or something like that
Coupons.com is legit. Disney's been using them for a while. They make you install that plugin so they can limit how many times the coupon gets printed.

Costanza

Banned
ronito said:
ok someone let me know when they've done this. I'm sure they'll close this hole pretty soon.
Its not a hole. You're just taking advantage of the promos TRU is running and combining it with the promos that Disney is running (that TRU will get reimbursed for).

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
ronito said:
ok someone let me know when they've done this. I'm sure they'll close this hole pretty soon.

nothing to worry about, the coupons he's telling you to print are from the manufacturer...

soyboy

I would love to do this but it seems like too much effort. I would rather pay the extra money & have amazon ship it to me or just wait it out until they're on sale.

Chris R

Sounds like a nice deal, could even make money since I have no interest at all in PATF. Only downside is there will probably be a decent box set once TS3 hits BluRay :|

Costanza

Banned
Ri'Orius said:
Don't have time to do this today; does it look like it'll still be an option tomorrow?
Yea it should work until Saturday @ close when the $10 Off PATF coupon expires and they raise the sale price back up.

Costanza

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Do any of your obviously cheating the system loop hole deals ever not end up backfiring?
There is NOTHING cheating the system or loop-holey about this.

Toys R Us has their own deals going.

Disney has their own deals going. You're just combining the two. When you use Disney coupons, TRU gets the money back.

Nobody loses.

Birbo

Damn it Costanza! Why didn't you post this an hour ago? I was just by TRU on my lunch hour. Doubt I'll get a chance to go by there again. Awesome deal for those that get it.

cabottemp

Banned
Lionel Mandrake said:
Don't really want PatF, but both Toy Stories on Blu-Ray?

i'm with you, but fuck it for 6 bucks that's still a ra-tardedly good deal. think i'll do this and give princess and the frog to my cousin for her birthday. i'm sure a 10 year old girl would like it, and my uncle just got a blu-ray player so that would make for a good family movie.

Costanza

Banned
butts said:
So wait...

How does $26.99 - $10.00 - $5.00 = $1.99?

The sale price of the PATF is $26.99, not?
Because it takes off $20 when the Toy Stories are preordered on the same receipt.

I just did it. It works.

butts

Costanza said:
Because it takes off $20 when the Toy Stories are preordered on the same receipt.

I just did it. It works.

Oh awesome. You can do this in-store right?

edit: I am dumb nvm

Costanza

Banned
BertramCooper said:
Both of the coupons say that they can't be combined with other offers.

How does it work that you can use both?
I dunno, they scan together. It's no big deal.

butts said:
Oh awesome. You can do this in-store right?
Yeah, it's only in-store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom