• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Avatar The Last Airbender Cartoon Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
Update!

2h5nr0w.jpg

Nickelodeon has officially announced that a sequel to the critically acclaimed “Avatar: The Last Airbender” is the works! From the creator-producers of “Avatar: The Last Airbender,” “The Legend of Korra” (tentatively titled) animated series is slated to premiere in 2011. According to Nickelodeon executive Brown Johnson, the new series will follow the adventures of a teenage Water Tribe girl avatar named Korra (pictured above presumably), described as a independent hothead “ready to take on the world.”

I’m sure we will be seeing more of Korra at the San Diego Comic-Con later in the week. Stay tuned!

http://lastairbenderfilm.com/2010/07/21/the-legend-of-korra-announced/

MTV Networks is now hiring animation positions for a new Untitled Avatar Project!

http://lastairbenderfilm.com/2010/04/15/send-word-to-the-fire-lord/

6c3ey41.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I wonder what the basis of this is going to be. A sequel that answers some of the unanswered questions of the previous series? A sequel sometime removed from the series, and telling its own story? Or a prequel revolving around another avatar?.

celebi23

Parallax said:
I wonder what the basis of this is going to be. A sequel that answers some of the unanswered questions of the previous series? A sequel sometime removed from the series, and telling its own story? Or a prequel revolving around another avatar?.

yankeeforever2 said:
I thought they said they would do animated mini movies once the story was done. This is probably it.

Pretty much what I think too. Probably will delve into what happened to Zuko's mom

Empty

holy fucking shit. holy fucking shit. HOLY--you get the picture

they better hire the same writing team, and the same animation team while they are at it.

EzLink

Banned
YES YES YES

OH GOD

ALL OVER MY FACE

ETC.

YES

Favorite show of all time. God this is fucking exceptional news

Lebron

Got to start milking now the movie is about to come out! I kid, though they already said they would continue on after the Aang story was finish, so no real surprise. Not all that interested, since I have a feeling it will suck. But we shall see.

Kettch

As long as the creators of the original are still running things, I'm in for whatever. Sequel, prequel, side stories, I'm sure it'd be good.

Penguin

Scullibundo said:
Just wait till we have the REAL Avatar cartoon thread. :lol

Did that movie not use enough CGI to be considered animation?

And I'm stoked because I loved the show, but worried because loved how it ended.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Wow, is the cartoon normally that high quality the likes of these GIFs?

That's pretty fucking cool.

adg1034

This news makes me

happy.jpg

Hopes beyond belief that this might mean we get a real, CD soundtrack. Because it's about damn time.

Hero

SO AWESOME.

I just went through the series again with the lady friend since she never saw it and was so sad when we came to the end. Now there's something to look forward to!

Poyunch

EvaPlusMinus said:
Wow, is the cartoon normally that high quality the likes of these GIFs?

That's pretty fucking cool.
The show has some awesome animation. You should check out the series. It's a really high quality show not just for a child's network but in general.

35jij4k.jpg

2ewfmgp.jpg

10rppqc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom