• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/29: Worstguay Vs. Worstpan, Spain vs Portugal |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

So, the last day of the not-so-innocent-1/8 finals! The neighbours Spain and Portugal will clash and Paraguay will face off against the number 2 from group E, Japan.

paraguay.gif

vs

japan_vlag.gif

And

vlag-spain.jpg

vs

portugal.gif

1258015%5ffull-lnd.jpg

vs

w18_24042095.jpg

And

1253293%5ffull-lnd.jpg

vs

1247155_FULL-LND.jpg

LETS PLAY BALL!

thaOwner

I thought the threads were supposed to be for each match ? Why do you keep making a single thread for both matches ?

Wessiej

thaOwner said:
I thought the threads were supposed to be for each match ? Why do you keep making a single thread for both matches ?
No everyday (except wednesday and thursday) there will be a thread for both matches, because they are played at the same time and people can talk about both games, without having to be in 10 threads.

agm2502

I think the Spain V Portugal match is going to be good, I can see it going to penalties. I'm hoping the Paraguay V Japan game is a 4-3 thriller.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I've seen enough of this best-guay girl. Attention seeker, confirmed.

Socreges

Banned
Enter round 8 of how Torres dived/was tripped.

So I got the NED/SVK score right (2-0), but BRA/CHI wrong (3-0, not 3-1)

Paraguay 1 - 0 Japan
Spain 2 - 1 Portugal

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
C. Ronaldo is far too pretty to lose to Spain.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Team Japan is the last team I'm genuinely rooting for. If they lose, I'm only going to be rooting against teams for the rest of the WC.

Everybody should root for Japan, if only so we get more Youtube videos of celebration pandemonium in Tokyo

entremet

SnowWolf said:
Team Japan is the last team I'm genuinely rooting for. If they lose, I'm only going to be rooting against teams for the rest of the WC.

Everybody should root for Japan, if only so we get more Youtube videos of celebration pandemonium in Tokyo
Do you know of any? I couldn't find some. I love seeing underdog country's celebrating WC wins.

keit4

Banned
Torres was hit with the opponent's knee... stop hating please.

Paraguay 2 - Japan 2 (Japan wins in penalty kicks)
Spain 3 - Portugal 1

jts

...hate me...
Woohoo! PORTUGAAAAAAAAAAAL

HERÓIS DO MAR, NOBRE POVO
NAÇÃO VALENTE E IMORTAL
LEVANTAI HOJE DE NOVO
O ESPLENDOR DE PORTUGAL

th_portugal.gif

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Japan have done really well just to make it this far. Regardless of the outcome they can be proud of what they did this year. I'll be rooting for them until the final whistle blows regardless of what happens!

Fifty

Clydefrog said:
Go Paraguay!
Go Japan!

Way to hedge your bets! Get outta here..you can't cheer for both teams in the same game. I don't care if your Dad is from Paraguay and your Mom's from Japan..you just can't.

Roughmar

jts said:
Woohoo! PORTUGAAAAAAAAAAAL

HERÓIS DO MAR, NOBRE POVO
NAÇÃO VALENTE E IMORTAL
LEVANTAI HOJE DE NOVO
O ESPLENDOR DE PORTUGAL

th_portugal.gif

Entre as brumas da memória,
Ó Pátria, sente-se a voz
Dos teus egrégios avós,
Que há-de guiar-te à vitória!

Foxix Von

My dad and I sat down and caught Japan's last game just for the heck of it and we were really impressed. I'll be waking up early tomorrow to catch it!

GO JAPAN!!!! WOOOO!

South America > Asia.

It's all over for Japan.

As for Spain-Portugal....maybe they can dive so hard all their players get injured?

I guess Im rooting more against Portugal.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
As for Spain-Portugal....maybe they can dive so hard all their players get injured?
Come on now, Torres was a little bitch, that's undeniable, but Spain's diving is nowhere near as glaring as Portugal's.

Anyway, that game should be fun. So much rivalry waiting for tomorrow to explode.

Melfice7

Roughmar said:
Entre as brumas da memória,
Ó Pátria, sente-se a voz
Dos teus egrégios avós,
Que há-de guiar-te à vitória!

às armas, às armas
sobre a terra e sobre o mar
às armas, às armas
pela Pátria lutar
contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Status