• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ferrari The Race Experience announced - All Challenge Drivers Rejoice!!

amar212

And here comes the aftershock :D

ferrarilogo_772.jpg

Ferrari The Race Experience

Publisher: System 3
Developer: Eutechnyx
Platform: PS3 and Wii
Format: Digital Distribution only
Release date: September 2010 (coincide with F1 2010 and TDU2, it will be one racing autumn before GT5)

packshots - thanx Goldrusher!
ferraritreboxartmontage_769.jpg

System 3 is proud to announce the latest addition to its critically acclaimed racing simulation series 'Ferrari The Race Experience' for Wii and PS3 games consoles.

Following on in the hugely successful tyre treads of Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli (The Official Game From System 3), Ferrari The Race Experience evolves the series yet further and opens the Ferrari stable up to an even wider audience.

With all the latest and greatest Ferrari dream machines, dazzling new circuits, a brand new Career mode and a completely overhauled handling system (yes!!), Ferrari The Race Experience is without a doubt System 3’s best racing offering yet!

The latest in a long line of critically acclaimed racing games from the award-winning publisher, Ferrari The Race Experience once again utilises the prestigious Ferrari license and looks set to become this years jewel in System 3’s crown. In creating the very best race engine technology, System 3’s Ferrari franchise has been consistently regarded as the most realistic racing experience on the PS3 to date. Ferrari The Race Experience will be the company’s first AAA game released as download only content for the PS3 format, via Sony’s online PSN Network, and will be followed by another 6 key titles on PS3, PSP, Apple iPad and iPhone (Apple Store) over the next 3 months.

First screens and movies will be revealed soon. Ferrari The Race Experience will be released on Wii and the PlayStation Network in September 2010.

***ENDS***

Semi official description of the game content:

"F:TRE contains all of the DLC for FC plus a few new features including an updated Career Mode. The handling model is the same but the SCC "style of handling" selector has been carried over. It will be released on PSN for PS3 and boxed product for Wii. The Wii version contains all the updates that were patched in to the PS3 version."

Comments?

Vanilla, where are you? :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So the dumbed down version on Wii is retail and the superior PS3 version is on PSN ?

spats

SmokyDave said:
Not sure about 'overhauled handling' though, I really liked it before.

For sure. I got Supercar Challenge a while ago and think it's great. A little unpolished gem.

Weird that Eutechnyx might not be developing this.

panda21

i think i remember reading something weird about things being farmed out to an asian developer, and the eutechnyx team that did most of the work on ferrari challenge not actually having had anything to do with it for a while..

although that may have been a different game :lol i'm like 75% sure it might have been this one though

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
cw_sasuke said:
So the dumbed down version on Wii is retail and the superior PS3 version is on PSN ?

Yeah, it wasn't entirely clear, but the Wii version is a retail game.

However the PSN release is being classed as a full triple-A 'premium' title, so I expect they'll put a retail-esque price on it.

Mar

amar212 said:
Ferrari The Race Experience is without a doubt System 3’s best racing offering yet! [/B]

What about Turbo Charge?

Actually, that game wasn't so great.

I want to see more System 3 developed games, not published :/

Loved the original Ferrari Challenge (greatest main menu of all time). It was going to be my first platinum trophy until I realized how grindy all of the trophy series races were going to end up. Although I'll probably be playing TDU2 in September.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Goldrusher said:
This isn't the Shift or GRID thread.

it's Eutechnyx , both of their racing gamess on PS3 ( Ferrari Challenge and Supercar Challenge ) were pretty shitty with janky framerate.

and I don't know why Ferrari even bother with these C-grade racing games dev.

mclaren777

I wish this game was based on another car manufacturer (I don't like Ferrari) but if it has a solid track listing and I might be willing to get it.

I still need to play Ferrari Challenge on ps3, for ages the game was £15 so I nearly bought it just to play on a friends ps3 while at uni :lol

Digital release can only be a good thing, the ferrai and supercar games bombed to sub £20 within like a month of release and stayed low in price.

Goldrusher

Diablohead said:
Digital release can only be a good thing, the ferrai and supercar games bombed to sub £20 within like a month of release and stayed low in price.
Can you really call it "bombing" if the publisher doesn't care ?

No marketing, no demo, no US release, not enough copies, etc.

amar212

Diablohead said:
63638114.jpg

The best racing game ever made only has 1 car model!

Agree 100% percent. Masterpiece of forever.

However, PS2 game has force feedback support and Great Driver Challenge races which adds another dimension to original arcade/DC game. PS2 F355 Challenge is the final F355 Challenge.

amar212

And here is semi-official description of what F:TRE is:

"F:TRE contains all of the DLC for FC plus a few new features including an updated Career Mode. The handling model is the same but the SCC "style of handling" selector has been carried over. It will be released on PSN for PS3 and boxed product for Wii. The Wii version contains all the updates that were patched in to the PS3 version."

Thanx to Dave from ETQ, added to OP.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Will this come over to North America? It's not hitting the X360, so I don't think Microsoft can cockblock this like they (allegedly) did the PSN release of OutRun Online Arcade.

Stoffinator

amar212 said:
And here is semi-official description of what F:TRE is:

Thanx to Dave from ETQ, added to OP.

So its a download game for the PS3 only?

mclaren777

amar212 said:
"F:TRE contains all of the DLC for FC plus a few new features including an updated Career Mode. The handling model is the same but the SCC "style of handling" selector has been carried over...
Sadness. :(

ga11agh3r

Neo Member
So it seems this is FC+ ???

Was hoping this may be a little more that an update - guessing this may not be worth splashing out for if you already own the orginal!

Release date: 29th September

Intro: http://www.youtube.com/ferraritheraceexp

Ferrari The Race Experience will be available exclusively from the PlayStation Network Store in this major videogames industry breakthrough. Players of all disciplines – yes, even novices to the track – can recreate the excitement, the sounds, the action and the vibrant colours of real-life racing for hours of motoring enjoyment.

Poised for action on the starting line are Ferrari’s new much-acclaimed 458 Italia and the powerhouse that is the 599XX. They are just two of the many new models introduced into Ferrari The Race Experience, which follows hot on the wheels of the much-acclaimed Ferrari Challenge that launched two years ago.

And owners of Ferrari Challenge will be able to take advantage of a special discount price of £9.99 (Euros 12.99) when purchasing the download online, by applying for a Redemption Code.

“We have spent over 18 months readying ourselves for a dramatic shift from physical games distribution to a streamlined business model and now we’re set to go with Ferrari The Race Experience with this, the world’s first premium AAA digital download game for PlayStation 3,” said Mark Cale, System 3’s CEO. “One of the advantages of digital downloading is that we can remove the manufacturing costs of a physical product and thus enable us to offer this amazingly enhanced new game offering hours of enjoyment for under £12 (Euros 15).”

As well as introducing new cars and additional circuits, Ferrari The Race Experience also features numerous ‘difficulty’ settings and three handling engine settings – assisted, arcade and simulation. In all, Ferrari The Race Experience promises to be a roaring success for motor racing lovers who’ll be in the driving seat of the world’s first AAA digital download game.

The game will be available for new Ferrari gamesters for just £11.99 (Euros 14.99) while those who already have Ferrari Challenge will pay only £9.99 (Euros 12.99) via the Redemption Code.

BeeDog

Noisepurge said:
Im quite sure i saw a trailer up on PSN yesterday. Did not download it though but i know of it's existence :D

The PSN video is the same video Wax linked to above my post.

ga11agh3r

Neo Member
jesusraz said:
The Wii version is no more then?

I think they imply that it is 'exclusively' available on PS3 at the PSN store (i.e. no physical retail package will be available in stores).

The wii version is still set for release and will be available in stores!

Top Bottom