• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ratchet & Clank in development?

SappYoda

In an interview with David Kaye (Nathan Hale and Clank voice actor) has confirmed that insomniac is currently working on a new Ratchet & Clank game.

shogungamer.com said:
Lastly, what projects can we expect to hear you in next? Will you be reprising any roles in upcoming projects like Nathan Hale from the Resistance franchise?

David Kaye: Don’t know about Nate. There are some interesting developments always coming from Insomniac games. We’re working on more R & C currently. I’ve guest appeared on the new Scooby Doo recently working with Maurice Lemarche and Frank Welker. The Regular Show and Flap Jack are shows I’ve worked on recently and a bit of ‘insider’ news if you will, I’ve just begun working at Warner Brothers Studios and a new and exciting project for the ‘Batman’ VG franchise. Deets coming soon.

I don't know if we can take this as a final confirmation... Also it's the first time I see this website. The rest of the interview its good.

16mdma.png

Source: http://shogungamer.com/news/exclusive-interview-voice-actor-david-kaye-voice-clank-and-nathan-hale

Cool. It could be a smaller game like Quest for Booty since they're working on Resistance 3.

Wonder who he's voicing in Arkham City?

KAL2006

Banned
He probably is talking bout Heroes on the Move, which isn't a proper R&C game, it stars Ratchet and Clank and amny other Sony characters.

Gravijah said:
As someone who doesn't follow the series but plans on jumping in someday, I hope that doesn't mean what I think it does.
It's a Sony mascot fighting game for the MOVE...so yes, it means what you think it does!

jiggles

Banned
SappYoda said:
That's being made by nihilistic
Yeah, but I think HotM is what he's referring to. Being called in to do some voice work for Clank, he's probably just assumed it's being made by Insomniac.

I mean, it's more likely he's going to mention the Move game when discussing upcoming work than the same role in an unannounced game that could be a year off.

Aru

Isn't it time to give the series a rest or, at least, a reboot ?

I haven't played ACiT yet because I'm tired of the same formula.

It's not like there were:
- 4 episodes on PS2
- 1 spin-off (Secret Agent Clank) on PSP, later ported to PS2
- 1 episode on PSP later ported to PS2
- 2 episodes on PS3 + 1 spin-off
Total: 9 games (since 2002).
Plus Heroes on the move.

Sigh !

shwimpy

^I want more!

ACiT is in my PS3 top 3... such a fantastic game.

I was afraid that R+C would be put on the backburner when Insomniac announced they were going multi-plat so hopefully this news is true.

More Captain Qwark please!

Yes! Crack in Time was awesome. Best R&C and one of the best ps3 games. Quest for Booty was also great, and had the best theme of any R&C game. Would love to see more.

Elios83

I think Tools of Destruction is a better game than A Crack in Time which was kinda boring.
Btw I think that Insomniac has finally gone back to the drawing board with the series because people got tired of the same old formula which they have used in 5(?) games.
I don't think that they're ready to show their new R&C game yet.

Agent X

It could be Heroes on the Move that he's referring to, but let's analyze the following snippet of that quote:

There are some interesting developments always coming from Insomniac games. We’re working on more R & C currently.

Keep in mind that Heroes on the Move is being developed by Nihilistic Software, not Insomniac Games.

When he say's "we're working on more R&C", is he referring to Insomniac as a whole, or just the voice acting crew? Are these two sentences tied together for a continuous and cohesive thought, or is he saying separately that there are "interesting developments coming from Insomniac" (could be Resistance 3 or something else) and "we (not necessarily Insomniac) are working on more R&C"?

W1SSY

Entered the thread with high hopes but leaving with crushed dreams, atleast if it is Heroes on the Move.

Really loved ACiT and would love a new one to play through on the PS3.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
This thread isn't moving as fast as I figured. Plus you guys are like, what, 5 days behind it? Wollan was my hero on this stuff. :lol

V_Ben

Banned
jstevenson said:
This thread isn't moving as fast as I figured. Plus you guys are like, what, 5 days behind it? Wollan was my hero on this stuff. :lol

Wait, so there's more to this story? GAF detectives, assemble!

V_Ben

Banned
Well, he seemed surprised that Hale had died, so maybe hale has a new VA in R3 (if he's even in it :lol )

There are some interesting developments always coming from Insomniac games

Hmm. "Interesting" - Outside the norm? What could that mean, am I reading too much into it? :lol

krae_man

jstevenson said:

Well, settle things by announcing everything you're currently working on then.

Screw the PR plan, spill the beans!

jstevenson said:
Spill it, or we'll get Mr. Zurkon on your ass!

And he is set to K-I-L-L.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jstevenson said:
sorry. i read you are multiplat now and no one cares in the other thread, that must be it

ps how badass is r3

jstevenson said:
Give us concrete news on Resistance 3 and the new Ratchet. Pweez!

Top Bottom