• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TravelGAF: JetBlue All You Can Jet Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just saw this on slickdeals:

http://www.jetblue.com/wherewejet/aycj.asp

I'd only be able to travel on weekends but this is an insane deal IMO.

$499 to travel anywhere JetBlue goes for a month if you don't travel on Friday or Sunday.

$699 for any day travel for the month.

Dates are Sept 7th to Oct 6th.

Included are:

New York
LA
San Diego
Bermuda
The Bahamas
Dominican Republic
Jamaica
Aruba
Cancun
Vegas
Chicago
New Orleans
Houston

... and a fuckton more.

I'm heavily considering doing it. If I can find a friend crazy enough to do it with me it's automatic. Sucks 'cause I am going to Houston the following week (Oct 10th), but whatever man!

Hotels and food will still cost and assload tho. :|

shwimpy

Eat and sleep for free while you fly. ;) I'm guessing in flight meals are included...

Aruba 89
Barbados 83
Bermuda 94
Bogota 172
Cancun 76
Nassau, Bahamas 93
Montego Bay, Jamaica 174
Santo Domingo, DR 229
Santiago, DR 229
San Jose, Costa Rica 77
St. Maarten 95
San Juan, PR 46

Last year's international fees. I'd go to Cancun or the Bahamas mid-way through.

Very tempting...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
This is really interesting. I was planning on being overseas during that time frame but I could see the whole united states like this. Hrm.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
How do you have enough free time to even consider doing this?

Celsior

Aquavelvaman said:
I would have been all over this if it was July - August. Stupid school getting in the way.
:lol :lol The whole point of them even doing this is that Sep-Oct is the slowest travel month of the year.

Calantus

esquire said:

e21mW.jpg

then again, if you were rich you wouldn't need this deal :lol

We should get a Gaf crew to do this together and we can broadcast it via livestream.

They don't fly out of Dallas. I'm doomed.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
esquire said:
Dude, MAKE time. You mean to tell me your friends need to see you so much that they can't be without you for 3-4 weekends?

The hardest thing for me will be getting the required time off. I only have 10 vacation days left.

God damn.

I'm in NYC and I have friends I haven't seen in ages in Portland, OR, Seattle, San Fran and LA. I also have acquaintances in Portland, ME and Austin I'd love to see. Fuck, I might have to do this. Wish the BF wasn't starting a new job in September or I'd get him to go too. Hmm...

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Calantus said:
e21mW.jpg

then again, if you were rich you wouldn't need this deal :lol
Rich people are too busy working to take a month off in September. Unemployed people have the free time but can't afford it.

Seth C

Just couch surf (couchsurfing.org) instead of paying out the nose for a hotel. Seriously, it'll be fun.

Zyzyxxz said:
holy shit how often do these sales happen?

This is the second year in a row Jet Blue has offered an unlimited pass. It was around the same time last year.

exarkun

IamMattFox said:
We should get a Gaf crew to do this together and we can broadcast it via livestream.

They don't fly out of Dallas. I'm doomed.

Fly out of Houston. Duhh. Its a 3.5 hour trip from you to the IAH and park in the econo lot. Or if you have a friend in houston just park outside his/her place. Easy solution to a seemingly difficult problem.

genjiZERO

Seth C said:
Just couch surf (couchsurfing.org) instead of paying out the nose for a hotel. Seriously, it'll be fun.

This is the second year in a row Jet Blue has offered an unlimited pass. It was around the same time last year.

Gaf Couch Surf. There should be a page for it

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Wellington said:
Dude, MAKE time. You mean to tell me your friends need to see you so much that they can't be without you for 3-4 weekends?

The hardest thing for me will be getting the required time off. I only have 10 vacation days left.

Just quit, live like a hobo and travel the country. You can walk with bowflex or something.

lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sooperkool said:
Great, now I can hang out at my buddies place in the DR every weekend in Sept.
Dude I would so do that but I don't know my DR fam that well.

Rich people are too busy working to take a month off in September. Unemployed people have the free time but can't afford it.

You don't need to take a whole month. I have enough days to take Friday and Monday off every week of that month but I doubt that flies with my boss. Fly out Thursday nights, come back Monday morning. Awesome times had by all.

Frankly, I've been polling my friends to see if any are in. Zero bites so far. :(

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Seriously considering it.

Downsides:

-Some serious planning will be necessary, to hit a dozen or so destinations over a one month period. That's a lot of different hotels.
-Interferes with existing plans that will have to be postponed
-Will have to plan around the friday/sunday limitations (unless I do the $700 version); not a major concern
-Will have to book 3 days in advance, so can't be spontaneous from location to location

Upsides:

-Hell of an adventure, and I'm bored.

ToxicAdam

This would be a great deal even if you only did two trips during the month. A R/T ticket for Bermuda alone can cost this much.

I've always wanted to go to Bermuda. :(

phalestine

aka iby.h
EviLore said:
Seriously considering it.

Downsides:

-Some serious planning will be necessary, to hit a dozen or so destinations over a one month period. That's a lot of different hotels.
-Interferes with existing plans that will have to be postponed
-Will have to plan around the friday/sunday limitations (unless I do the $700 version); not a major concern
-Will have to book 3 days in advance, so can't be spontaneous from location to location

Upsides:

-Hell of an adventure, and I'm bored.

Another upside is its Jet Fucking Blue. Best airline in the states.

I would do a crazy 3-4 days each in a LA > SF > LV > CH > NY loop that would blow your mind. And then I'd go to Jamaica or something crazy with the last week.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Damnit, I just bought fucking tickets to NYC for this weekend.

I could have applied that money and gotten a few weekends in some other cities..

though Jet Blue from Austin goes to 2 cities (NYC and Boston)... probably would have gotten a bit old.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hrm the $700 version is probably worth it just for some additional flexibility in the itinerary, since I'll be going all out and traveling to a bunch of different destinations.

Anyway, buying.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ToxicAdam said:
This would be a great deal even if you only did two trips during the month. A R/T ticket for Bermuda alone can cost this much.

I've always wanted to go to Bermuda. :(
Just went there for the first time last month. Really nice place to relax.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Aquavelvaman said:
Take lots of pictures EviLore. What cities do you plan on hitting?

As many as can be comfortably and interestingly done in a 30 day period. I'll write up a planning thread to get the ball rolling and help brainstorm.

Zyzyxxz

EviLore said:
As many as can be comfortably and interestingly done in a 30 day period. I'll write up a planning thread to get the ball rolling and help brainstorm.

nice! Keep us posted.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Shit, I am unemployed so this might just work for me.

I just wish I wasnt the best man at my friends wedding on the 25th of september because there is alot of prep work to be down that month.

Man sooooooo tempting.

beat

esquire said:
I probably will have 5 weeks of vacation time all told next year. Hopefully they'll still have the sale.

Billen

Banned
EviLore said:
I suppose it would be interesting to have a GAF thread to chronicle this.

Quite interesting, yes. This is a really great opportunity. If I had the time I would seriously go through the "pains" of planning and do this.

And yeah, once again - Would make for a great travelling thread.

Sumidor

ugh, I wish I had a friend who would be crazy enough to do this with me. I only work about 3 days a week, which means I could put this pass to very good use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom