• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flip yo sticks - Pro Elite Wireless Controller for PS3

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.psu.com/news/9619?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:

If you are looking to add another controller to your PlayStation 3, you may want to check out the latest offering from Power A. The company today released its Pro Elite Wireless and Pro EX Controllers for the PS3, both touting soft-touch coating and textured grips, repositioned analog sticks, and glowing action buttons.

We’ve been testing the Pro Elite Wireless model and are quite impressed (we’ll give you our full opinion soon). This wireless controller costs $49.99 USD and features SIXAXIS functionality, custom designed L2 and R2 buttons, dual rumble motors and LED player channel indicator lights around the “Home” button. The Pro EX Controller has the same feel and features as the Pro Elite Wireless model, but is a wired format without SIXAXIS functionality. The Pro EX version is $19.99.

"The Pro Elite Wireless and Pro EX controllers will give PS3 players the edge they’ve been looking for,” said Eric Bensussen, president of POWER A and BDA. "Once players experience the difference, they won’t want to use anything else but the POWER A Pro Series controllers to play all of the great games coming out this fall and holiday.”

B003V4AK8E.01.PT02._SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

B003V4AK8E.01.PT05._SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

B003V4AK8E.01.PT07._SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
The comments are... quite strange.

I might pick this up if reviews are good.

edit: Wait. Why does it need a dongle? Would there be any latency issues? $35 at amazon sounds good though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Looks good. But isn't there a similar controller on the market (Razor Afterglow or something?) that is like $30-40 at Wal-mart/Targets already?

this came out today? funny because the Nyko's 360 controller on the PS3, Raven, is also out today.

problem simply going with the design is that PS3 games sometimes use L1/R1 and sometimes use L2/R2. There needs to be a switch on the controller that could solve that problem. The only one I've heard about that does is the gioteck hf-1, but barely anything has been seen of that.

edit: the nyko one
4l4kuu.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
Is there a legal reason someone doesn't literally ripoff the molding and all the components used on the 360 controller? It's what the world wants.

there was a video review on the one in the OP on, I want to say Joystiq, last week. Looked pretty cool and the reviewer seemed to like it.

Niblet

I do only have one and have been holding off on a 2nd controller for a while. Going to wait for GAF feedback on this one. We need to know the responsiveness and how the shoulders feel especially for both L1/R1 and L2/R2 shooting layouts.

Also someone be a hero and get the nyko controller and review it. it looks interesting :lol

Chris R

Wired version sounds hot. Don't need wireless controllers and hardly ever use Sixaxis (turn it off when possible).

wow!

I normally can't stand 3rd party controllers, but this looks like it might be decent! I modded my ps3 controllers to have inverted xbox sticks, and put on real triggers just to get it close to this.

If this dpad is any good I might pick one up.

Seventy5

TheSeks said:
Looks good. But isn't there a similar controller on the market (Razor Afterglow or something?) that is like $30-40 at Wal-mart/Targets already?
I bought the afterglow about 2 weeks ago, and I think I'm going to trade it in for this. The afterglow feels really nice, especially the triggers, but the sticks are too loose for what I bought it for, FPS games. I was really disappointed once I tried playing COD classic with it, the aiming is just too loose even with the sensitivity turned down. I hope this one has sticks that are more solid, anyone have impressions?

akachan ningen said:
Good layout, too bad 3rd party sticks always feel like garbage.

or buttons

or ergonomics

or Dpad

...yeah, I've tried ALOT of different controllers and most of the time, they're pretty garbage

joelseph

state_vector_collapse said:
I'm sure I've read that the adaptor posted above only registers the analog triggers as switches, making it useless for racing games.

Hrm, what about boat simulations?

deviant1

Controller looks nice and I wonder if I could use the dongle and program my harmony remote to work with it? Would love to finally have full PS3 functionality without buying that PS3 harmony adapter which is both ugly and a ripoff.

Amazon's OOS, but I'm gonna order one anyway.

KePoW

Banned
Will definitely be keeping my eye on this controller... seems perfect for what I'm looking for, as long as the quality and feel is solid.

The buttons aren't colored! How will I ever be able to tell which button to press?

Seriously though, this looks like it could be really good. Anyone know if they are available in Europe?

EDIT: American retailers include Amazon.com, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Toys 'R' Us and Walmart. International retailers include Carrefour, Auchan, FNAC, MediaMarkt, GAME and ASDA in Europe; Sears, Walmart Canada and Zellers in Canada; and EB, Game and Harvey Norman in Australia.

I'm definitely keeping an eye out for one of these.

Truespeed

amar212 said:
Why does sticker says "For Xbox360" if that is actually made to work on PS3?

The Chinese say a lot of wacky things on their packaging. The instruction manual is comic gold.

Truespeed

Mohonky said:
Ironically, I just got one of these today.

Only problem is, SixAxis support. Makes Killzone 2's few but retarded sixaxis sections a chore.

There isn't a lot you can do for that. Is there a way to remap the Sixaxis gestures in KX2?

Top Bottom