• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Goldrusher

001_bannerhjov.jpg

Complete with all the official drivers, teams and circuits featuring in the current 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship,
F1 2010 will immerse players in the glamour and exhilaration of the world’s most exciting motorsport, from the paddock to the track.

DEVELOPED BY:

Codemasters Birmingham​

RELEASING:

North America:   September 21, 2010
International:     September 24, 2010​

MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS:

• Windows XP/Vista/7
• DirectX 9.0c
• Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
• 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
• Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above
• DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
• 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space​

001_boxese7po.png

002_thegame4v8z.png

HANDLING

Anthony Davidson has acted as a consultant throughout the project, working on the car handling to make it as authentic as possible and also feeding the developer information about the driver’s perspective of the race weekend.

You can introduce driver aids such as Brake Assist, ABS, Traction Control and Racing Line to make the game more accessible.

CAR SETUP

There are several layers to the car set-up. When you arrive at a given circuit your car will already have a good base set-up for that circuit. The key is to adapt that to suit your particular driving style. For example, maybe you are an aggressive diver who wants oversteer. There are two ways to do this: you can either talk to your race engineer and get him to adjust the settings to suit you, or you can go into the car monitor and adjust the settings yourself.

There are also settings that you can change on the fly whilst out on track. You can adjust the front wing and dial your engine up and down using the D-Pad as you drive. This will be key to getting the most out of your car or saving your engine for a later day.

The infamous F-duct system unfortunately cannot be operated yourself but the game knows which cars have the device and the effect it will have on the car. Therefore if you are in the McLaren for example, you will get less drag and more speed on the straights.

TIRES

Everything from their optimum working temperatures to how much water a full wet tyre will displace compared to the intermediate compound has been authentically recreated in the game. It’s an impressive system and good management of your tyres will be crucial to getting race wins at the higher levels of the game.

DYNAMIC WEATHER

The weather system is linked into the tracks geography and is changeable not only through a race weekend but also within an individual session meaning that you will get those sudden changes in conditions that can make races so dramatic.

PIT STOPS

Everything you see in the pits and garage area has been motion captured using a team of actual F1 mechanics and looks amazingly realistic.

Each team’s pit crew resides in the garage so when you come into the pits you will see some of the other teams waiting in the garage watching the screens while others may be mid-stop and others rushing out to meet their incoming car. There are over 200 characters in the pit lane and it is possible for all 12 teams to be in the pit lane at the same time working on one of their cars while the other one queues behind.

A maximum of 12 players are able to race in a way that suits you. For example if you want to do qualifying followed by a full length race with damage, dynamic weather and all of the rules then you can set that up. Alternatively, if you want a casual three lap blast in the sun around your home track then that is simple to arrange.

Check out the Online Thread to race with GAF.

002_screenschuf8pd.jpg

003_careerpmnx.png

BE THE DRIVER

‘Be the Driver’ is everything you would expect from an F1 game: practice, qualifying, race, championship, career, time trials and multiplayer, but all from the driver’s perspective. You will interact directly with your race engineer to talk about car set-up, what’s happening on track, the changing weather, where your team mate is placed… all of the things that you hear on a pit radio throughout a race weekend.

IGN UK said:
Beating your team-mate reaps its own rewards. At the season's halfway point the team will reassess its situation, and if you've been consistently quicker you'll be rewarded number one status in the team. That doesn't just mean you get first dibs on the choc ices in the team motorhome; you'll also be first in line when it comes to getting the upgrades that come through the season, and you'll be able to dictate the direction of development of the car to suit your driving style.

These upgrades can be significant. Start the career in a Lotus and the car will be at first a total dog – staying ahead of the other new teams is an achievement, and beating the likes of Force India and Sauber for a fifteenth place feels like winning the championship. A few races in and things can improve, however. Friday practice sessions often start off with a little R&D run, trying to achieve a set time to unlock a new part for the car – for instance a new throttle map that alters the torque of the car or improved brake pads that dramatically improve the car's stopping distance.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1119270p1.html

LIVE THE LIFE

‘Live the Life’ takes you behind the scenes of F1 putting you in a driver’s racing boots immediately after a session in the Paddock. The Paddock area acts as a feedback mechanism for how you are performing. As you become more famous there will be more people hanging around looking for a share of your time. This is particularly true of the press who are always looking for their next big scoop.

There are two different types of press in F1 2010. There is the formal press conference, similar to that you will see on TV after qualifying or the race, where the top three are asked for their opinions. The more searching questions will come from the impromptu media who hang around in the Paddock. They will be asking you why you did particularly well or badly in a given session and quiz you about a potential move to a rival team. The answers you give in these interviews will have an effect on your career and the way you are seen in the world of F1.

003_screensutnjdv.jpg

004_teamspmzz.png

All the drivers and teams contesting the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
  1      Jenson Button
  2      Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team
  3      Michael Schumacher
  4      Nico Rosberg

Red Bull Racing
  5      Sebastian Vettel
  6      Mark Webber

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
  7      Felipe Massa
  8      Fernando Alonso

AT&T Williams
  9      Rubens Barrichello
10      Nico Hülkenberg

Renault F1 Team
11      Robert Kubica
12      Vitaly Petrov

Force India F1 Team
14      Adrian Sutil
15      Vitantonio Liuzzi

Scuderia Toro Rosso
16      Sébastien Buemi
17      Jaime Alguersuari

Lotus Racing
18      Jarno Trulli
19      Heikki Kovalainen

Hispania Racing F1 Team
20      Karun Chandhok
21      Bruno Senna

BMW Sauber F1 Team
22      Pedro de la Rosa
23      Kamui Kobayashi

Virgin Racing
24      Timo Glock
25      Lucas di Grassi​

004_screenkubyk5e.jpg

005_circuits37po.png

All the tracks in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship.

1      Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix
Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Bahrain

2      Qantas Australian Grand Prix
Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne, Australia

3      Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix
Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia

4      Chinese Grand Prix
Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai, China

5      Gran Premio de España Telefónica
Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain

6      Grand Prix de Monaco
Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo , Monaco

7      Turkish Grand Prix
Istanbul Park, Istanbul, Turkey

8      Grand Prix du Canada
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, Canada

9      Telefónica Grand Prix of Europe
Valencia Street Circuit, Valencia, Spain

10      Santander British Grand Prix
Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone, England

11      Großer Preis Santander von Deutschland
Hockenheimring, Hockenheim, Germany

12      Eni Magyar Nagydíj
Hungaroring, Budapest, Hungary

13      Belgian Grand Prix
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa, Belgium

14      Gran Premio Santander d'Italia
Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Italy

15      SingTel Singapore Grand Prix
Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore

16      Japanese Grand Prix
Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka, Japan

17      Korean Grand Prix
Korean International Circuit, Yeongam, Korea

18      Grande Prêmio Petrobras do Brasil
Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo, Brazil

19      Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, UAE​

005_screenabucmn8.jpg

006_mediarvyf.png

www.formula1-game.com
www.facebook.com/formula1game

007_reviewsr7ea.png

Metacritic: PC | PS3 | 360

90%    Official PlayStation Magazine UK
90%    TheSixthAxis (UK)
90%    Games Radar (US)
90%    SpazioGames.it
90%    VideoGamer.com (UK)
89%    3DJuegos (ES)
88%    Videogameszone.de
85%    IGN (UK)
80%    guardian.co.uk
80%    Eurogamer (UK)
80%    Gamereactor (SE)
80%    Official Xbox Magazine (US)
80%    EDGE (US)

008_guides0jtk.png

Achievements / Trophies

Manual

Get it here.​

009_faqtk4q.png

Will there be a demo ?

No.

Is there splitscreen ?

No.

What racing wheels does the game support ?

Below are the racing wheels and controllers that F1 2010 officially supports:

PC:

• Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
• Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
• Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel with Force Feedback
• Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo / Turbo S / GT3 RS Wheel
• Logitech Dual Action
• Logitech MOMO Racing
• Logitech MOMO Force
• Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
• Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
• Logitech Rumble Pad 2
• Logitech Cordless Rumble Pad 2
• Logitech Driving Force GT
• Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
• Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel

PS3:

• DUAL SHOCK 3
• Logitech Driving Force EX/RX
• Logitech Driving Force Pro
• Logitech Driving Force GT
• Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
• Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
• Thrustmaster Run’N’Drive Wireless Rumble Force
• Thrustmaster Dual Trigger Rumble Force

Xbox 360:

• Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
• Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
• Logitech Drive FX Wheel
• Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S​

endyghl.png

No demo?

Well, it really sucks to live in a country without places to rent videogames.

After the trainwreck that Dirt and Grid were (for me), i was not sold on the premisse that they could once again make a sim game.

I was hoping on the demo to judge myself. Guess companies will keep doing this BS until Sony and MS say a demo is mandatory for any release...

I wish there was a demo because i'm willing to buy this game but I need to try it first. Hopefully my local rental store will get it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
seattle6418 said:
No demo?

Well, it really sucks to live in a country without places to rent videogames.

After the trainwreck that Dirt and Grid were (for me), i was not sold on the premisse that they could once again make a sim game.

Definitely, I was shocked when I found out that GAF's majority seemed to love that Grid abortion of a wasted game. Ugh.
But I'm positive about this one because all the impressions have been pretty pretty good.
And if not... I will just sell it I guess?
Fingers crossed mate :D

Ravenn17 said:
So what team is everyone going to start out with? I think I'm going to try Williams first.

Gonna go for the Be a Driver mode.

Dead Man

Nice OP, and great thread title.

Router said:
Sort of want. Is there really no demo coming? :(
Yeah, no demo means no buy until some of drivingsimGAF and F1GAF give their opinion on it. The last F1 game I actually thought was good AND enjoyed was GP2 from Microprose. :lol

Jimrpg

Dead Man said:
Nice OP, and great thread title.

Yeah, no demo means no buy until some of drivingsimGAF and F1GAF give their opinion on it. The last F1 game I actually thought was good AND enjoyed was GP2 from Microprose. :lol

I agree - i haven't really liked any of the other formula 1 sims besides Geoff Crammond's GP series.

I used to LOVE Ayrton Senna Monaco Grand Prix 2 on the Mega Drive - did anyone play that game... that still has the best career mode to date. You start at the bottom as a class D driver and you choose a rival to beat in the race... if you can beat a number of times, that team will offer you a position and you'll get a faster car. It was fantastic to climb this ladder until you got a strong enough car to challenge Senna and Mansell. AWESOME.

Yoritomo

Hilarious thread title.

arbok26 said:
I agree - i haven't really liked any of the other formula 1 sims besides Geoff Crammond's GP series.

I used to LOVE Ayrton Senna Monaco Grand Prix 2 on the Mega Drive - did anyone play that game... that still has the best career mode to date. You start at the bottom as a class D driver and you choose a rival to beat in the race... if you can beat a number of times, that team will offer you a position and you'll get a faster car. It was fantastic to climb this ladder until you got a strong enough car to challenge Senna and Mansell. AWESOME.

Absolutely. The game was awesome. I remember never braking and just shifting to change speed although that might have been the first game. :lol

Frawdder

Great title, and sadly becoming all too true.

I've already bought it on Steam, $36 USD was too good to pass up. I'm quite excited to finally play this, it's been ages since I've played a fully licensed F1 game.

rhfb said:
Ugh :/ still should be able to have steam achievements right?
No, a game has to be steamworks to have Steam achievements.

Sloane

Banned
Lion Heart said:
Pessimistically looking forward to this.
Me too. :lol

I'll be getting it for Xbox 360 but I'm still not convinced about the simulation aspect, mostly the set-ups and the damage system. We'll see.

Chris R

Frawdder said:
Great title, and sadly becoming all too true.

I've already bought it on Steam, $36 USD was too good to pass up. I'm quite excited to finally play this, it's been ages since I've played a fully licensed F1 game.

No, a game has to be steamworks to have Steam achievements.
Hmmm might just rent on ps3 then and wait for a major price drop on Steam :/

Shaneus

Bought on Steam for cheap, will get for PS3/360 depending on whether the core game is good and which console looks better (unbiased ftw).

amar212

Kudos for the effort to create OP Goldrusher, nice job :thumbsup:

I should been getting a review code next week, so I'll be posting some in-depth impressions and simulation detail-related things as soon as disc pop-us in my pS3.

pilonv1

Does the 360 wheel work with the wireless receiver that you get with the PC 360 controller (hope that makes sense)? If so then I might grab the Steam version instead of the 360 one.

Salacious Crumb

pilonv1 said:
Does the 360 wheel work with the wireless receiver that you get with the PC 360 controller (hope that makes sense)? If so then I might grab the Steam version instead of the 360 one.

Indeed it does, it even has native support in the game.

AcridMeat

Banned
Still debating whether or not I want to get it now on Steam because it's $36, or wait for it to come out so I can hear impressions.

Fuck that, I'm totally buying it and mounting everyone as Kubica.
:D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
pilonv1 said:
Yes, yes it does.

Salacious Crumb said:
Indeed it does, it even has native support in the game.
And that's even more awesome.

I have had the game on pre-order since February, so I'll be counting the days until the 24th. I need to show Jenson Button just exactly he needed to drive to win this years WC.
DieH@rd said:
x0zjm8.gif

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
scandisk_ said:
Beautiful game :)

/thread

my ECCI 7000 will be arriving just in time for this :D

Top Bottom