• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PSP Go drops price to $200 this Friday in North America

V_Ben

Banned
530pxheaderimgpspgopricedrop.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/12/rumor-psp-go-drops-price-to-200-this-friday-in-north-america/

Due to our strict silk pants-only policy, the PSP Go (and, really, any other handheld) has been a hard sell -- sure, the $250 asking price isn't helping, but that may be changing in the near future. A dutiful tipster sent us the above image from his AAFES-based store of employment, indicating a $50 North American price drop to $200 for the digital-only handheld. Oddly, Sony has kept mum on the possibility, not even offering a "We don't comment on rumor and speculation" to our repeated attempts at contact.

Took them a while, but maybe this will help them sell the units they have left. Who knows really.

V_Ben said:
Took them a while, but maybe this will help them sell the units they have left. Who knows really.

Heh.

If it's anything like Japan, perhaps they're still trying to shift the first shipment...

Mooreberg

Still amazing how little the overall cost of this thing has gone down in nearly six years. (not a good sort of amazing, to clarify)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It could be $99 and it still wouldn't matter when the thing doesn't even have half the library of the previous models. Amount of and quality of software > pricing of hardware.

LQX

If they really want to spur sales they should have dropped it to $149, that $200 price drop hardly seems like one.

Mooreberg

dankir said:
Come on Sony... still 200 dollars really?

Everybody should be really scared at the PSP2 price then.

If Nintendo launches a handheld here at $249 or higher than you can probably guess Sony's next device will have an awful price.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shig said:
Still $70 too expensive.

You mean still $100 too expensive.

Damn thing doesn't even have games to where it being a virtual MP3 player is too expensive compared to an older iPod. :/

loosus

Banned
Wow, for some reason, I was thinking they had stopped making these and went back to only the original PSPs. Shows how much I keep up. :lol

should of happened at last years E3.. Along with 3 games! (even then it would still be a dumb purchase)

I'm bitter, still haven't played BBS!

Price has never been the issue for me. Well, not hardware price, anyway. I want to play my UMD games on it because they're cheaper and not all available on PSN...and I already own a bunch of them, yeah.

Jim Stark

Neo Member
Is there any site I can go to to check what new releases are coming to the PSN store in the US? I've been thinking about getting a Go but I want to make sure they are going to release more than 1 or 2 games a year for the online store. $200 for 16GB internal storage, 3 games and the system? Not a popular opinion but that seems okay to me. Most of the games I want to play are on the store already.

V_Ben

Banned
Jim Stark said:
Is there any site I can go to to check what new releases are coming to the PSN store in the US? I've been thinking about getting a Go but I want to make sure they are going to release more than 1 or 2 games a year for the online store. $200 for 16GB internal storage, 3 games and the system? Not a popular opinion but that seems okay to me. Most of the games I want to play are on the store already.

http://www.psnstores.com/ ;)

We consolidate all that info about PSN stuff for easy reading. So, feel free to give us a look :D

Takao

Banned
Brannon said:
It's okay Sony, you'll get handhelds right one day. Keep fucking that chicken.

If every third party renegeotiated rights, and put their shit on PSN, the Go would be an amazing handheld. Nothing's wrong on the hardware side.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
ZealousD said:
So when's the regular PSP getting a price drop?

This! Gosh damn. I'd easily buy a regular PSP if it wasn't still $170. Price drop that bitch to $99 and just make it barebones.

Giolon

It's been $199 at Fry's for at least the last two weeks. Still not cheap enough. Get it to $150 then I'll think about it (most of my PSP library is digital anyway).

Top Bottom