• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout: New Vegas Getting Xbox 360 Exclusive DLC

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Apparently they decided to do this again.

VG247 said:
Bethesda announces 360-exclusive New Vegas DLC
October 18th, 2010 @ 16:07
By Johnny Cullen

Bethesda’s just announced details on 360-exclusive DLC for Fallout: New Vegas.

No details on the DLC itself were given, but the press release said the “first downloadable content” would be exclusive to Xbox Live, which seems to imply more would be coming to other consoles as well.

Info on the content will be “released in the coming weeks.”

“We’re excited to continue the partnership between Bethesda and Microsoft, and build on the success of the game add-ons released for Fallout 3 on Xbox LIVE,” said Bethesda’s US PR boss Pete Hines.

“We have no doubt that gamers will be thrilled with seeing a new add-on pack extend their adventures with Fallout: New Vegas on Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE,” added Microsoft GM product manager for IEB, Matt Barlow.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/18/bethesda-announces-360-exclusive-new-vegas-dlc/

More news that's not especially related to the story through the link.

X26

Banned
Find it hard to believe that MS is moneyhatting them enough to make up for lost PC and PS3 DLC sales, seems like an odd business decision

Dresden

Even if it stays exclusive (instead of just being delayed for the PS3), I doubt it's anything substantial. First DLC rarely is. Not a big loss.

stuminus3

So what they're saying is, DLC is for sure coming, and I'm probably better waiting for the "GOTY" version which will inevitably be released and eventually go on sale on Steam. Gotcha!

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
people should voice out that this kind of practice is not to be tolerated. Not to mention stupid, splitting up and preventing up potentially halve of your audience from purchasing your content.

randomwab

And after I double dipped 360/PC last time to only order PC this time. Fuck you, whoever is to blame. This means I have to wait for the inevitable GotY PC version next year.

SmokyDave

Nice one. Nothing cooler than platform exclusive downloadable content. Somehow makes the game more 'special', y'know?

£29.99 1080p/60FPS version FTW

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As I said in the other thread, I wont be buying the game now.

BeeDog

Fucking bullshit. Was planning on preordering the PC version any day now, but knowing that I'll miss out on content before even owning the game seriously makes me rethink my preorder thoughts.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
The fact that they are announcing it quietly one day before release makes me think it is either a timed exclusive, or it is insubstantial... I hope.:(

SmokyDave said:
Nice one. Nothing cooler than platform exclusive downloadable content. Somehow makes the game more 'special', y'know?

£29.99 1080p/60FPS version FTW

Its swung it for me tbh, i was tempted in getting it for my ps3. Will be getting 360 version now.

Rad-

What's weird to me is that they announce this so late. Usually MS announces stuff like this quite early to steal more preorders. This is probably just something really small.

Either way, New Vegas will be the first Bethesda/Obsidian title I'm buying on a console. So I guess 360 it is.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i guess this is the gfwl equivalent of burning your ex-husband's ties after he's finally got sick of your bloated, nagging ways and run of with that boiling hot piece of ass with 30 million friends.

Minsc

Gold Member
As I commented in the other thread, what pisses me off the most about DLCs, is the GOTY version eventually becomes cheaper than buying the DLCs alone (not even counting the price you paid for the game).

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
supermackem said:
Its swung it for me tbh, i was tempted in getting it for my ps3. Will be getting 360 version now.

It is exactly because people like you do this that gives them cause for such bullshit.

I know, not really your fault as a consumer, but damn it if it doesn't piss me off.

Carl

Ugh, so PS3 users will be waiting a year for the DLC again??

Fuck you

(Yes and PC too, forgot about PC)

I really want to pick this game up for the PC, but I had the original on the 360. Hmmm. I don't like this decision. Should I wait for the PC GOTY edition? Suck it up and buy PC anyway? Or cave, succumb, and become part of the problem?

bobbytkc said:
It is exactly because people like you do this that gives them cause for such bullshit.

I know, not really your fault as a consumer, but damn it if it doesn't piss me off.

Pisses me off too but it works for people who own both machines. They know alot of multi console users are out there and this and which version runs better is the only thing that swings which version to get for me.

Top Bottom