• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trine 2 (PSN/XBLA/PC) Teaser Trailer

VegaShinra

New screens and concept art:
5c012986e5c3c28d7a2b25a779449388.jpg

Trine2_screenshot_wizard_spooky_forest.jpg

Trine2_conceptart_01_0.jpg

13be1379f7dfd9cb4f2804a5c941682a.jpg

FrankT

Really looking forward to this and my email says Xbox/Live as well so I guess this is finally confirmation on this then.

Volcynika

MMaRsu said:

I think it was something to do with the publisher of the game in Europe or something being difficult about it, I can't remember all the details but someone probably remembers more clearly than me. It's just been kinda swept under the rug at this point. It was never actually officially announced for XBLA as well, though Atlus was showing it off at E3 or whatever. Hoops to jump through MS and the other company or something.

Fitz

Is this actually a new trailer? I keep seeing Trine 2 trailers that all look really similar, doesn't make a difference though, can't get enough Trine. I'm glad that they've given the Warrior some more functionality mostly I think, the new environments look great too.

thcsquad

MMaRsu said:

From the Gamasutra postmortem:

When a prospective publisher felt XBLA had too much competition and asked if we could do the game for the PlayStation Network, the answer was obvious -- yes. The Finnish tax authorities were close to planning to liquidate the whole company, so despite not having any experience or working knowledge whatsoever of the PlayStation 3 platform, or any console platform for that matter, it was a simple decision to make.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/5826/postmortem_frozenbytes_trine.php?page=2

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wonder how the trophies will be for the sequel... has there ever been a PSN game with a platinum that also had a version on XBLA?

Top Bottom