• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, the greatest game ever, IS getting a sequel.

GhaleonQ

Background:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376513
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410035

Today: Nishi: "We discussed Moon 2. Rather than making progress, we had fun and talked about how hard it would be."

Picture of Kimura and Kudo:
KimuraAndKudo.jpg

Nishi and Kudo:
NishiAndKudo.jpg

I believe that's Kudo with short hair. ALL 3 Love-De-Lic masters are going to help do it! And Kurashima and Ueda are on board, too!

Nishi: "Meetings end moon2 drinking. Opinion and the opinion that too soon too late. 'Make absolutely!' This place is OK to probe speaking to each other was feeling like that. Decided to convene all concerned to do year-end party this year. My secretary. This is a usual pattern. I still take some time. # Moon2"

Translation: We ended our drinking meeting about Moon 2. Some said that it was too early and some said that it was too late. "We have to do it!" It felt good to speak about it. We decided to meet again about it during the year-end party this year. That's the usual way I do things. It will take some time.

So, basically, this is the greatest day of my video gaming life. I have to sincerely thank all of you who helped make it happen. Thanks! Thank you!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Fantastic news! Hopefully we'll get to see the original in the US at some point, and hopefully this will come out too. Thanks for your unwavering effort in spreading the word out for this game; hopefully some of the translators who lurk here will get the word out to jump on a localization of this.

GhaleonQ

djtiesto said:
Fantastic news! Hopefully we'll get to see the original in the US at some point, and hopefully this will come out too. Thanks for your unwavering effort in spreading the word out for this game; hopefully some of the translators who lurk here will get the word out to jump on a localization of this.

I sent a message asking if they talked about Moon 1. Obviously, that's a publisher issue and not a creative one, but I'll see what he writes.

And thanks, sincerely! (And consider this thanks to anyone who posts inside so I don't have to keep typing it.)

jay

I hope this one doesn't come out in English.

Edit: A friend of mine says the second bit translates closer to "there were comments that it was too early and comments that it was too late."

GhaleonQ

So, my finals are coming up and I've been up for 37 hours. I might pass out at any time. No one has to follow for news if they don't want to do so, but I'd appreciate an evening bump if I don't.

jay said:
Edit: A friend of mine says the second bit translates closer to "there were comments that it was too early and comments that it was too late."

Ah, thanks. JapanOD wasn't too helpful.

This reminds me, gosh, I'm out of college in 3 months, and I'll have no one to read Japanese to me. I NEED AN ENGLISH RELEASE.

NonexistentK said:
how awesome of a gamer GhaleonQ is? Soooo awesome. :D

*Love Level increases*

Hugbot

I'm making very slow headway through the first since I bought in in May, this is awesome news. I'd like to see a translation of the first one hit PSN or something, as well. But this is still rad.

Corto

YES. I was expecting a title thread filled with profanity though. :D Great job GhaleonQ. Really great job!

GhaleonQ

That is Taro Kudo. They didn't talk about a Western release then, as I thought. They are totally doing this.

GhaleonQ

"I just sent invitations to everyone for the 'Moon and Love-De-Lic alumni year-end party.'" He writes something about how he hopes there's trouble getting people to gather. "I'm trembling with excitement," I think he writes. Then: "(^ ^ v # moon2."

Then, someone brought up Tao, he got sad and mentioned the anniversary of its death and Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, and then he posted pictures of Tao. http://gallery.mac.com/route24#100364&bgcolor=black&view=grid

CiSTM

Banned
I hope we will see the sequel out side of Japan. One of those games I have always wanted to play. I hope the sequel breaths some life into the Moon: Remix RPG Adventure fan translation.

GhaleonQ

The Love-De-Lic reunion is definitely a Moon 2 meeting, as well. His Twitter conversations inviting some of the people ("for the 1st time in a long time") ask people to use the #moon2 hashtag and to "please visit (^ ^ v."

Boney

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
The Love-De-Lic reunion is definitely a Moon 2 meeting, as well. His Twitter conversations inviting some of the people ("for the 1st time in a long time") ask people to use the #moon2 hashtag and to "please visit (^ ^ v."
Are you stalking the guy?

GhaleonQ

moonファンの皆様へ。
ぼく個人にレスだと他の人が見られないのでハッシュタグ「#moon2」でお願いします。
当時の開発スタッフもtwitterやってる人が多いので何かレスくれると思います。
よろしくです。 #moon2

Can anyone translate that? I have some of it, but I can't get the 2nd sentence? Is he mad at someone following his personal tweets or is he auctioning off his old Moon: Remix RPG Adventure memorabilia for people doing the #moon2 hashtag?

http://twitpic.com/3dnfs3 I want that t-shirt really, really badly.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I've loved a lot of the games I picked up by these guys over the years so if the project really does get picked up and is also localized I'd love to play it.

Jonnyram

GhaleonQ said:
moonファンの皆様へ。
ぼく個人にレスだと他の人が見られないのでハッシュタグ「#moon2」でお願いします。
当時の開発スタッフもtwitterやってる人が多いので何かレスくれると思います。
よろしくです。 #moon2
Dear fans of moon,
If you reply to me individually, other people can't see it, so please use the #moon2 hashtag instead.
Lots of staff from that time [developing moon] are using Twitter these days, so I hope I get some responses.
Hope to hear from you. #moon2

GhaleonQ

Jonnyram said:
Dear fans of moon,
If you reply to me individually, other people can't see it, so please use the #moon2 hashtag instead.
Lots of staff from that time [developing moon] are using Twitter these days, so I hope I get some responses.
Hope to hear from you. #moon2

Oh, perfect. Thanks sincerely.

GhaleonQ

luka said:
I finally got a copy a few days ago, hopefully it will show up soon. I am hype! :D

Yeah! The other person who bought it never posted again, but someone on Twitter played and liked it a lot! Now, that someone who's not me confirmed it actually is pretty good, I give you permission to hate it.

Gameboy415

Great news! :D

Now that I finally have my new TV and gaming room in order, I'll hopefully get around to playing the first game soon. :D

Any rumors on what console(s) it will be coming to yet?
I'm hoping PS3 or even PSP, so importing will be a breeze.

GhaleonQ

He's really boosting the number of people paying attention by doing this raffle thing, which is nice. Things were getting sleepy for awhile.

Gameboy415 said:
Great news! :D

Now that I finally have my new TV and gaming room in order, I'll hopefully get around to playing the first game soon. :D

Any rumors on what console(s) it will be coming to yet?
I'm hoping PS3 or even PSP, so importing will be a breeze.

Fantastic. Early on, he brought up the remake/rerelease for the 3DS or PSP to save money, but that was just him thinking aloud.

epmode

So I remember that last Moon thread but I didn't read it very closely since there wasn't a translation.

It's been a long time since then but I still don't think there's a translation, right? Fan or official, I don't care.

GhaleonQ

epmode said:
It's been a long time since then but I still don't think there's a translation, right? Fan or official, I don't care.

Nope, but they're aiming for a rerelease/sequel/remake for a worldwide audience. We'll see if it happens. It'll be official if they do, though.

GhaleonQ

Boney said:
:lol
I'm dying here.

*laughs* He was going back-and-forth with this 1 ex-Love-De-Lic person, and JapanOD couldn't handle it. Google Translate spat out this: "Hashtags so that others can not see the address on my personal "# moon2" thank you on.
Twitter development staff then we'll address what many people doing so."

To be fair, he posts a lot of pointlessly personal stuff. I know his new dog by sight now.

Plus, they get personal often. I asked who inspires Kurashima, and I think his translation service changed it to "where." "Thank you for assistance! The inspiration is taking a bath. @GhaleonQ" So, yeah, things get sexy with the Love-De-Lic people.

Boney, you are quickly becoming my nemesis! *shakes fist*

FoneBone

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but it seems wasted around here when there's not even a translation patch in sight for the original game.

Haunted

Oh, that's brilliant news.

It's strange to say this, but after noticing and inevitably following most of your posts and threads about this, I'm happy for you if this pans out, GhaleonQ.

Godspeed, and may you never lose this infectious passion and enthusiasm. *salutes*

GhaleonQ

As always, thanks to all of the people just posting a small celebration. Again, I give a blanket "Thank you," to everyone.

FoneBone said:
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but it seems wasted around here when there's not even a translation patch in sight for the original game.

To be fair, the original topic was also about their other games. 2 of their 3 games have almost no written language at all and are, therefore, entirely playable. I also hoped to make people aware that a lot of the quirky things they HAVE played (Little King's Story, Chibi-Robo, the Tingle games, Captain Rainbow, Rule Of Rose, and so on) are from the same team.

That's not to say there isn't some obtuseness by posting, but, hey, it might have worked!

pirata

Wow, congrats!

I'm still baffled that nobody's started a fan-translation project for the first Moon yet, though. I would have thought that at this point, every Japanese PS1 RPG in existence would have a translation, but I suppose not.

Boney

Banned
But I love FFIX :(

Wasn't aware that after Love-De-Lic was disbanded the other companies went on to create those games. Pretty cool info my man.

But I think he means that his wife (is he married?) was taking a bath, dunno.

So back on Moon, since there's no platform confirmed, and he tweeted he doesn't like handhelds that much, does it mean that it's gonna be a PS3 game? Can't think of anything else.

But I'm sure many people are glad you're keeping us informed of his dog and what he's been eating. Keep up the good work.

Ledsen

GhaleonQ said:
Yeah! The other person who bought it never posted again, but someone on Twitter played and liked it a lot! Now, that someone who's not me confirmed it actually is pretty good, I give you permission to hate it.

You're probably talking about me. I didn't play it yet because my Japanese isn't on a high enough level yet, so I didn't see any reason for posting about it :)

Peff

pirata said:
Wow, congrats!

I'm still baffled that nobody's started a fan-translation project for the first Moon yet, though. I would have thought that at this point, every Japanese PS1 RPG in existence would have a translation, but I suppose not.

As far as I know there have been a couple of attempts, but nothing really came out of them. To be fair it's an extremely obscure game, it's not like Mother 3 or a Tales of game where many people would end up playing just because they know the franchise, so I understand why people are reluctant. Still a huge shame, though.

GhaleonQ

Boney said:
But I'm sure many people are glad you're keeping us informed of his dog and what he's been eating. Keep up the good work.

I don't even know if you're being sarcastic anymore! (Spoiler: Yes, I do.)

Ledsen said:
You're probably talking about me. I didn't play it yet because my Japanese isn't on a high enough level yet, so I didn't see any reason for posting about it :)

Ah, dang. Thanks for giving it a shot.

Peff said:
As far as I know there have been a couple of attempts, but nothing really came out of them. To be fair it's an extremely obscure game, it's not like Mother 3 or a Tales of game where many people would end up playing just because they know the franchise, so I understand why people are reluctant. Still a huge shame, though.

I almost resent the Earthbound people at this point, even though I love the series. Well, not really, but I wish they'd turn their passion to other things. They have nothing else to do, but they're focused on fan projects that (I think) lessen the games to which they're tributes and are of little interest to the public. They COULD focus on a tonally and ambitiously similar translation project with Moon: Remix RPG Adventure. If there's ever a game mentioned in #moon2 posts, it's ALWAYS Mother. Usually, it's something like, "I really loved these games. Mother 1 + 2 got a rerelease and we waited years for 3, so I believe!" They're connected in the Japanese mind, to some extent, but not here. It sucks.

Peff

GhaleonQ said:
I almost resent the Earthbound people at this point, even though I love the series. Well, not really, but I wish they'd turn their passion to other things. They have nothing else to do, but they're focused on fan projects that (I think) lessen the games to which they're tributes and are of little interest to the public. They COULD focus on a tonally and ambitiously similar translation project with Moon: Remix RPG Adventure. If there's ever a game mentioned in #moon2 posts, it's ALWAYS Mother. Usually, it's something like, "I really loved these games. Mother 1 + 2 got a rerelease and we waited years for 3, so I believe!" They're connected in the Japanese mind, to some extent, but not here. It sucks.

I know :( It's probably mostly lack of exposure to Moon and Love-De-Lic in general, since even though some of their bastard children like LKS got very good word of mouth, they aren't all from the same old team or have a figurehead like, say, Itoi or Suda that would get people's attention. Hopefully the sequel or the possible remake get picked up by a decent publisher like X-Seed or even Atlus, that would probably help quite a bit.

GhaleonQ

TheJollyCorner said:
Rule of Rose was actually in my Top 5 of all last gen.

This is the same team (or same members)???

YoshiroKimura.jpg

little_kings_story.jpg

Behold, the new faces of horror. 1/3 of them made it. That 1. He's the cap-wearing 1 above.

Peff said:
Hopefully the sequel or the possible remake get picked up by a decent publisher like X-Seed or even Atlus, that would probably help quite a bit.

I know for a fact that some companies are interested, and, if you missed it, 1 of XSeed's main people practiced Japanese by playing it and wants to translate it, too. That's 1 of the reasons why I bother bumping this.

jay

GhaleonQ said:
Ah, dang. Thanks for giving it a shot.

I thought you were talking about me. Now I'm heartbroken.

I haven't played my copy yet nor have I gotten past the LOL error screen telling me it won't work with VGA.

GhaleonQ

Ha! Actual news!

1. Ryuichi Sakamoto is totally still buds with them. The animal care organization Nishi supports is supported by Sakamoto as well.

2. Announcement - December 21 (Tuesday) night's total lunar eclipse and full moon on All set for moon decisions UST development staff! Staff gather one item, "Assorted Love BOX" I also draw! http://bit.ly/gSnIv1 # moon2 And then he says to promote it, which he wouldn't say if something wasn't happening, right?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lovedelicust

They're livestreaming the party/portions of it/the raffle/their future plans, I think?

Top Bottom