• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Jump Festa 2011 line-up announced

duckroll

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/jf11/titles/

The 3rd Birthday (PSP) - Demo and trailer
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (PSP) - Demo and trailer
Dissidia 012 (PSP) - Demo and trailer

SaGa 3 (DS) - Demo and trailer
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional (DS) - Demo and trailer

Dragon Quest Monsters Wanted! (Mobile) - Demo and trailer
Final Fantasy Legends (Mobile) - Trailer

Takao

Banned
AwesomeSyrup said:
Not enough console games. :(

Based on the few console games they've released this gen, compared to the quality of their handheld games, it's for the best.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jerk 2.0 said:
I remember when I used to like SE...

I was thinking almost the same thing. I think the advent of the spin-off has really killed my admiration for this company. It seems like they go out of their way to do everything but give a direct sequel to a beloved franchise.

I mean, how hard would it be to give us a Kingdom Hearts 3? Another Chrono game?

Takao

Banned
Plinko said:
I was thinking almost the same thing. I think the advent of the spin-off has really killed my admiration for this company. It seems like they go out of their way to do everything but give a direct sequel to a beloved franchise.

I mean, how hard would it be to give us a Kingdom Hearts 3? Another Chrono game?

They just don't have the stones to announce KH3 is (likey) a handheld game yet. They can do that with DQIX because no one in the west really cares about DQ, but KH is a very popular franchise in the west.

Yoshiya

Link doesn't work for me, it seems. I can't seem to access any of the Square Japan site anymore. Anyone have any ideas why? It just shows a blank white screen.

Edit: More OT, but I'm hoping they're saving the major reveals for the January conference. I'm not surprised Jump looks mediocre, but this means that the conference is more than ever the make-or-break moment for the entire FNC project. They cannot possibly delay any more and still have us believe these are real games.

mysticwhip said:
Fuck that shit, where's vsxIII? That January conference better rock my fucking socks!

January conference:

Nomura: "Versus is developing smoothly. Voice recording is underway. The game looks amazing and we can't wait to let you play it. We are planning a big unveiling at E3 so please look forward to it."

*cue brand new trailer, no recording allowed*

Spend the rest of the conference talking about a bunch of other games no one cares about.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
People whining about lack of Versus/Agito need to remember that Nomura has even said that they won't be shown again until the January conference. Their focus right now is on 3rd Birthday and Dissidia 012.

JANUARY.

H_Prestige said:
January conference:

Nomura: "Versus is developing smoothly. Voice recording is underway. The game looks amazing and we can't wait to let you play it. We are planning a big unveiling at E3 so please look forward to it."

*cue brand new trailer, no recording allowed*

Spend the rest of the conference talking about a bunch of other games no one cares about.

You know them so well. Its almost as if they do this shit every time. . . hmm . . .

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Galvanise_ said:
Fuck.

Unless they are saving it for a big announcement at E3 with some shoulder tapping.

Hope we see enough at Jan 11th.
They already revealed what we'll be seeing there.

Tetsuya Nomura Details Fabula Nova Crystallis Conference

One of the more mysterious announcements from the Tokyo Game Show came at the end of the the special Tetsuya Nomura trailer reel. A note following the brief footage of Final Fantasy Versus and Agito XIII promised some sort of "Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII Conference" to be held on January 11.

In this week's Famitsu, Tetsuya Nomura has provided some first details on what to expect from the conference:

* Square Enix will release some actual screens of Versus XIII and Agito XIII
* They will announce a number of titles, including games outside of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series
* They will announce new Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy characters
* There will be a number of other surprises
* The event will most likely allow for some members of the general public to join in.
I hope you enjoy screenshots!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Also worth noting that they're probably not going to be pushing the FNC games really until after Dissidia 012 releases.

And to Nirolak's post above... it wasn't really specified by what that meant re: screens.

No Versus vids?

Nomura:
trollface_jpg_by_rustedether-d2xqksr.jpg

Nirolak said:
I hope you enjoy screenshots!

I do.

How many years has it been since it was announced? We've seen about 20 seconds of gameplay footage.

Nice.

Maybe the frame-rate of the game is so bad it looks like screenshots to us, and the reason why we've had so little footage is because it took Nomura that long to put all of the pictures into a slideshow fast enough for us to think they are in fact a video.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Galvanise_ said:
I do.

How many years has it been since it was announced? We've seen about 20 seconds of gameplay footage.

Nice.

4. But only in development probably for 2 on actual hardware.

Yoshiya

gkryhewy said:
When are they going to show their 3DS stuff (aside from that chocobo kart game)?

BBSFM won't be out by that point, so I imagine any further news on KH3DS will wait until after the secret episode from that is known; all these different KH versions have effectively tied the announcement cycle to the release of the last game. Apart from that, how much else do they have? I can't see them revealing DQ3DS at a conference dedicated to FNC. That would be bigger news than the rest of their lineup combined in Japan.

Galvanise_ said:
Well, I hope one of their Jan 11th surprises is the reveal of the PS2 FF's coming in a HD collection.

I'd be a lot more excited about FFXII HD with uncompressed audio than Versus XIII:lol

gkryhewy

Yoshiya said:
BBSFM won't be out by that point, so I imagine any further news on KH3DS will wait until after the secret episode from that is known; all these different KH versions have effectively tied the announcement cycle to the release of the last game. Apart from that, how much else do they have? I can't see them revealing DQ3DS at a conference dedicated to FNC. That would be bigger news than the rest of their lineup combined in Japan.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that since I'm not really a KH fan. I guess I'm assuming there's some FF or DQ goodness in the works.

H_Prestige said:
I'd be a lot more excited about FFXII HD with uncompressed audio than Versus XIII:lol

Well, it would certainly stop me buying a ticket to Japan and invading SE's HQ in a fury waving around a claw hammer and calling them all vermin.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Serenade said:
well ain't that a bitch
Duke Nukem Forever is also targeted for the first half of 2011, so if "screens" means "screenshots", it's very possible that the game will release before we get full gameplay footage of Versus. :lol

Top Bottom