• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Tomb Raider HD Trilogy for PS3 (legend,anniversary,underworld,march 2011)

Elios83

Not really interested although I see that the point is to finally release the 360 versions of Legend and Anniversary on PS3 too.
They should have made a Tomb Raider History collection with all the 5 PSone classics remastered at 1080p, widescreen, 60fps with a few graphical effects added (shaders on water, metal surfaces and things like that).

Kinan

According to the description the disk will also contain male and female avatars for PS Home as well as XMB Theme.

Erebus

Elios83 said:
Not really interested.
They should have made a Tomb Raider History collection with all the 5 PSone classics remastered at 1080p, widescreen, 60fps with a few graphical effects added (shaders on water, metal surfaces and things like that).

Besides if want to play Legend and Anniversary in HD, there are always the PC versions for that.

Jigsaw

Banned
i hope they finally release the underworld dlc on ps3 this way,there is no reason not to include beneath the ashes and lara's shadow

Salaadin

Elios83 said:
Not really interested although I see that the point is to finally release the 360 versions of Legend and Anniversary on PS3 too.

They wouldve had to re-do so much to make them be playable by todays standards. Old TR style tank controls just dont work anymore. Basically, to make it feel proper, theyd have to give TR2-5 the same treatment that TR1 got with Anniversary.

pargonta

Should call it "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Crystal D Trilogy"

they were all in HD anyway, but this would be nice indeed.

JohngPR

How was Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow by the way? I never did get around to getting those.

Personally, I already have Legend and Anniversary for 360 so I'm not really interested.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
well I hope Nixxes is the studio who is making these ports( they did amazing work with Legend on the Original Xbox and Underworld on the PS3 before).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Interesting, how were these games anyway?

sublimit

Banned
Totobeni said:
well I hope Nixxes is the studio who is making these ports( they did amazing work with Legend on the Original Xbox and Underworld on the PS3 before).

Really?Underworld was very buggy on PS3.

Cruzader

Banned
These non Sony HD collections would be good if the damn Devs didn't do shitty as jobs. So far they suck and are not worth it.

Pass if 720p runs sub 30Fps.

Grisby

ULTROS! said:

Very good, nothing else matches the experience IMO. The gunplay is weak, but the puzzle tombs and feeling of isolation really sell it.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Awesome; three great games.

Anniversary, in particular, is fucking brilliant. Just nothing but impeccable platforming, with the odd endangered species to destroy.

lara-croft-tomb-raider-anniversary-20070330103133021.jpg

lara-croft-tomb-raider-anniversary-20070330103112365.jpg

Salaadin

ULTROS! said:

Legend - Awesome and the first step to TR actually feeling relevant again
Anniversary - Insanely good. It was such a nostalgia trip playing it but Im sure its just as enjoyable if you never played the original
Underworld - Lacks some of the polish of Legend and Anniversary but its still a very, very good game,

All 3 need to be played if you enjoy adventure games.

EDIT: And now I just re-bought the PC version of Anniversary.

Nizz

If true, I'd be all over this. Having those three games together in one set would be awesome. The slim doesn't do backwards compatibility and I'd love to play through Anniversary again. I never played Legend or Underworld either.

as far as I remember the Anniversary had frame rate issues.

If you are porting older games the least you can do it fix the freaking frame rate.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Unregistered007 said:
as far as I remember the Anniversary had frame rate issues.

If you are porting older games the least you can do it fix the freaking frame rate.

Anniversary was brilliant, and very likely the Best Tomb Raider game ever made. However on 360, it was a quick port from PS2 and did have occasional framerate issues.

Still, between Underworld and Anniversary(Legend is kind of the black sheep, too much janky combat/motorcycle minigames) it's a really good package. Wonder if the Underworld DLC is included?

shwimpy

Always wanted to play Aniversary... don't care about the rest.

Hopefully they pull a PoP Trilogy for NA and release them separately on PSN.

Reknoc

It'd be a done deal if it's a decent enough improvement and the Underworld DLC is on the disc. Even though I already own all three on 360 :lol (well alright, I own Legend on the old xbox).

Really though, I loved all three. Legend was a really pleasent surprise since I wasn't much into the old Tomb Raiders.

goldenpp72

Considering each of them can be found for 10 bucks or less on 360, this seems pretty ho hum of an announcement aside being on ps3 and all.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Time to update the OP. :p

StuBurns

Banned
I wonder why these things aren't also happening on 360, it's getting BG&E HD, but seemingly no disc packages. Must be a first party rule I guess?

I won't be getting this pack, but if they put Anni on PSN, I'll buy it.

Top Bottom