• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First piece of art for Monolithsoft's next game? (The Japanese one, not the US one)

B.K.

I just saw on Siliconera's site that Monolithsoft is hiring. The link on their site has this image that is featured on Monolithsoft's hiring page:

TqAUc.jpg

I assume that's the first piece of art for their next game? I haven't played Xenoblade yet, so I don't know if it's from it, but from what I've seen of if, that piece of art doesn't really fit it.

B.K.

Bebpo said:
The visual style looks the same as Xenoblade, but I can tell you for certain there is no desert in Xenoblade.

At first, I thought it might have been from Xenoblade, but I've never seen any screens of a desert area. Also, that piece of art has two suns. Does the Xenoblad world have two suns?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Bel Marduk said:
The art looks exactly like Baten Kaitos art (just take a look at those rocks). I hope it's BK3 :)
The art is by Honne, but I doubt BK is coming back.

B.K.

dani_dc said:
Great, another MonolithSoft game I'll be left wanting to play without actually being able to.

Time to learn Japanese! Maybe you'll know enough to play it by the time it's released.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Hm, thinking about it, could be another SRT OG Saga Endless Frontier? I kinda get that 'colliding worlds' vibe for some reason.

Goddammit I wish someone would bring over EXCEED.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I need to get back to Xenoblade. What I played of it was really good.

Hiltz

That image kind of reminds me of that RPG, Earth Seeker.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but the chance of a Monolith Soft game coming out overseas when published by Nintendo seem quite slim.

Xelinis

On close inspection, that object could either be a spaceship or a giant shell, though I'll put my money on the former. Either way, the stuff hanging off the edge shows that it has been there for a while. Below the object is either its shadow (duh), or it could be a city, its too hard to make out right now.

I'm confident that Baten Kaitos III is on the way, but I just don't think that this is it.

Takao

Banned
Clearly that's from their alternative take on the Dragon Ball franchise as King Cold's spaceship crashes into Earth in the exciting sequel to Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans. Hey, it sold better than Xenoblade...

B.K.

Takao said:
Clearly that's from their alternative take on the Dragon Ball franchise as King Cold's spaceship crashes into Earth in the exciting sequel to Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans. Hey, it sold better than Xenoblade...

Since when did Earth have two suns?

duckroll

They've been hiring for shader programmers for a while now, including for this project, so unless they're secretly making a game for WiiHD or whatever, this is a 3DS game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
duckroll said:
They've been hiring for shader programmers for a while now, including for this project, so unless they're secretly making a game for WiiHD or whatever, this is a 3DS game.
3DS ? I like that.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
dani_dc said:
Great, another MonolithSoft game I'll be left wanting to play without actually being able to.
Shalashaska161 said:
I refused to get hyped since NoA will just fuck us over again and never bring it out here.
DXB-KNIGHT said:
I'll Keep praying until MonolithSoft games are released.
Pyrokai said:
What should I care? Their games never come out overseas.

Eff you, Nintendo. Eff you :(
While it doesn't amount to much, Nintendo did, just yesterday, file for another time extension on their "MONADO" trademark. So at the very least, keeping the option alive is worth $150 to Nintendo :)lol).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
duckroll said:

Uh, doesn't the 3DS lack programmable shaders?

Top Bottom