• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Nintendo 3DS software release dates + game screens

BDGAME

You can find the complete list here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/software/

-----------------------------------------------------------LAUNCH GAMES + SPRING GAMES (February to May)-----------------------------------------------------------

sft_cubic_ninja_main.jpg

sft_winningeleven_main.jpg

sft_professional_baseball_spirits_2011_main.jpg

sft_blazblue_continuum_shift2_main.jpg

sft_streetfighter4_main.jpg

sft_biohazard_the_marcenaries_3d_main.jpg

sft_sengokumusou_main.jpg

sft_deadoralive_main.jpg

sft_shanghai_3d_cube_main.jpg

sft_sprang-out_puzzle_boble_3d_main.jpg

sft_super_monkey_ball_3d_main.jpg

sft_naruto_main.jpg

sft_steeldiver_main.jpg

sft_zelda_main.jpg

sft_nintendogs_main.jpg

sft_pilotwings_main.jpg

sft_gundam_the_3d_battle_main.jpg

sft_tales_of_the_abyss_main.jpg

sft_professional_baseball_famista2011_main.jpg

sft_ridgeracer_main.jpg

sft_onepiece_unlimitedcruise_sp_main.jpg

sft_combat_of_giants_dinosaurs_3d_main.jpg

sft_rabbits_time_travel_main.jpg

sft_professorlayton_main.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------SUMMER GAMES (June to August)-----------------------------------------------------------

sft_tetris_axis_main.jpg

sft_project_loveplus_for_nintendo_3ds_main.jpg

sft_metalgearsolid_main.jpg

sft_devil_surviver_overclock_main.jpg

sft_lets-try_pontas_garden_3d_main.jpg

sft_kidicarus_main.jpg

sft_starfox64_3d_main.jpg

sft_bomberman_main.jpg

sft_fantasy_life_main.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------OTHER - TBA[------------------------------------------------------------

sft_epee_and_magic_and_schoolmono_3d_main.jpg

sft_biohazard_revelations_main.jpg

sft_kingdom_hearts_3d_main.jpg

sft_animal_crossing_main.jpg

sft_paper_mario_main.jpg

sft_mario_cart_main.jpg

sft_time_travelers_main.jpg

sft_professor-hershel-layton_vs_gyakusai_main.jpg

There are more games on the site than these I put here. Again, you can find the complete list here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/software/

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Only some of those games are actually Spring.

Kid Icarus and Star Fox are listed as Summer titles. Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Paper Mario as later titles TBA.

Tailzo

I'm hoping Tales of the Abyss gets translated.

I may also want Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Super Monkey Ball, Devil Survivor, Metal Gear, Fantasy Life, Time travelers and Paper Mario.

mjc

As long as NoA announces OoT as a launch title, I will be pleased. Steel Diver looks kinda cool too.

Nintendo is going to sell a billion of these things. Even though I won't be getting one any time soon, I know as soon as I see a new Mario (2d or 3d) the temptation will be hard to resist

Veal

Is that another Bomberman redesign?! Well it can't be any worse than the Bomberman Zero redesign...

sphinx

the piano man
It does not disappoint at all, considering it is launch and near launch games.

I still haven't found my system seller yet, Resident Evil Revelations comes close but not $249 dls close.

congratulations to those buying on launch anyway, seems like a healthy line up.

Pinko Marx said:
Best launch lineup for a system ever?
nope!

But launch lineups in general kind of suck, especially for Nintendo handhelds. Aside from Nintendo's own output, they generally don't get devkits to third parties in enough time to create something really mindblowing for launch, which is really just the nature of new hardware (and Nintendo).

Hell, even Nintendo itself has been relying increasingly on remakes and ports for launches. What was the last new game they released for a new (not revised) hardware launch? Luigi's Mansion?

ShockingAlberto said:
nope!

But launch lineups in general kind of suck, especially for Nintendo handhelds. Aside from Nintendo's own output, they generally don't get devkits to third parties in enough time to create something really mindblowing for launch, which is really just the nature of new hardware (and Nintendo).

Hell, even Nintendo itself has been relying increasingly on remakes and ports for launches. What was the last new game they released for a new (not revised) hardware launch? Luigi's Mansion?
UH WII SPORTS DUH

WillyFive

ShockingAlberto said:
nope!

Wii Sports for Wii and Nintendogs + Cats for the 3DS.

For some reason Wii Sports didn't occur to me, I guess because it was created alongside R&D for the controller.

The only Nintendo-developed game I could think of at the Wii launch was Twilight Princess.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Pinko Marx said:
Best launch lineup for a system ever?

Of the day one games, only one of them would be a lock for me. I was surprised at some of the games MIA on day one. But I hope that more of the 'Spring' games are launch day games in the West.

WillyFive

Totakeke said:
Truth. Did they show anything new at the event?

A couple of the games on the OP are new, like Blazblue and Bomberman. At least I think they were, judging from the reaction at the other thread.

gofreak said:
Of the day one games, only one of them would be a lock for me. I was surprised at some of the games MIA on day one. But I hope that more of the 'Spring' games are launch day games in the West.
"Day one" launches are a thing of the past these days. Every developer wants to be a launch game and the hardware manufacturer has to go around convincing them to hold off for a few weeks. Releasing every game on the first day means weeks of droughts and inevitable used sales.

It's a tricky balance. You want to push the right games, and enough of them, to sell the system, but you need to keep the people who bought the system happy in a post-launch world so buyer's remorse does not set in.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I've never played Tales of the Abyss, so that's really interesting to me. Since it came out on PS2 here, probably good chance it comes to N.A.?

I wonder if we can get a 3DS version of Graces, I'd really like to get my hands on that in some form.

John Harker said:
I've never played Tales of the Abyss, so that's really interesting to me. Since it came out on PS2 here, probably good chance it comes to N.A.?
There'd be literally no localization involved, since I haven't heard of any new content, so they have a working script for the game right now.

That said, it's Namco, and they probably won't bring it over because it's Namco.

Oh man, is that Puzzle Bobble in 3D? I'm weirdly more excited for that than any other game there. Also what is Time Travellers? looks interesting...

Pachinko

Announced 3DS games I almost give a shit about-
Super Street Fighter 4 3D
*Dead or Alive Dimensions
*Zelda OOT 3D
Pilotwings resort
Snake Eeater 3D
Kid Icarus
Starfox 64 3D
Biohazard revelations
*Paper Mario
Mario Kart

The * means if those 3 were out on day 1 I'd want to buy a system to play them, we still don't have a north american release date though do we ?

I'm honestly wondering if it won't be out here until the summer..., certainly give me more time to save a bit of cash.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
BlazBlue, MGS3, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, and of course Mask of Miracle and Layton vs. Ace Attorney are my most wanted games at this point.

Tailzo

ShockingAlberto said:
There'd be literally no localization involved, since I haven't heard of any new content, so they have a working script for the game right now.

That said, it's Namco, and they probably won't bring it over because it's Namco.
But I live in Europe. Would that require a french and German translation too? I just want it to be released in english in Norway :(

Namco makes me sad.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
ShockingAlberto said:
"Day one" launches are a thing of the past these days. Every developer wants to be a launch game and the hardware manufacturer has to go around convincing them to hold off for a few weeks. Releasing every game on the first day means weeks of droughts and inevitable used sales.

It's a tricky balance. You want to push the right games, and enough of them, to sell the system, but you need to keep the people who bought the system happy in a post-launch world so buyer's remorse does not set in.

I can understand that, and it's true. It's not that I expect a huge number of games on the first day, but I expected maybe one or two more here, perhaps one more at least from Nintendo (i.e. Zelda). But I understand they want to try and spotlight third party content more so perhaps - especially give the public's focus on Zelda at Nintendo World - it makes sense to hold it off for a little while and give other games some time in the sun.

Man, SSFIV3D only has 35 characters? So no Yun and Yang? No purchase then. at least not until the price drops.

I'll wait for SSFIV3D Turbo.

also, the launch line up actually sucks. The only game Nintendo is releasing is Nintendogs + Cats? The only game worth getting seems to be Layton and the Mask of Miracle, which likely won't be out for the U.S. launch.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
That entire frame of awesome looking games in the OP, has nothing to do with the actual launch games for the 3DS. But hopefully we get them all by Summer/Fall. With even more games announced as the days go by.

Tailzo said:
But I live in Europe. Would that require a french and German translation too? I just want it to be released in english in Norway :(

Namco makes me sad.

Yeah. I'm hoping against hope that Namco will take this an opportunity to release Tales of the Abyss in Europe for the first time.

Not that they will...

surprisingly my thoughts when looking at the screens was:
jesus i've been playing these games for years... it all looks so ancient..

dvolovets

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
No Mario games??
Huh, that's interesting...I didn't even notice that. Sort of reminds me of the Gamecube launch in that sense (although there have been rumors floating around that a Galaxy-style Mario game is in development for the 3DS).

dvolovets said:
Huh, that's interesting...I didn't even notice that. Sort of reminds me of the Gamecube launch in that sense (although there have been rumors floating around that a Galaxy-style Mario game is in development for the 3DS).

I was taken aback cus' of how easy a Sunshine port would be.
Also there no information on what VC games we'll have at launch.

Ellis Kim

Banned
I really like the DoA poster. Something about its aesthetic.

So hyped for MGS3D, RE:R, DoAD, and PLxAA.

Is there a higher res image of Rieko in the RR image?

swerve

Nintendo clearing the way for sales of 3rd party games.

SF4, PhoenixLayton, Mario Kart, and PilotWings are the only sure-fire gets for me. I look forward to the online store though.

Nintendo, Capcom, and Level-5 are all being awesome with the 3DS. I can't wait to see what else SEGA has announced, too.

Definitely buying OoT 3DS, Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, and Mega Man Legends.

I am watching (aka might buy) all of Capcom's games, all of Level 5's games, Metal Gear 3D, Tales of the Abyss, Tetris, and Starfox.

My poor wallet. :(

AshMcCool

How about a Picross 3d 3D Nintendo?

Is Fantasy Life that Brownie Brown thing?

And I really hope that some of the TBA Titles make it that year. Im not sooo super excited by the lineup so far. Some of the launch stuff looks a little bit like fast developed titles, just to feed upon the demand so early on(wich is natural with a launch lineup). Then their are a lot of ports. And the Layton Game could probably as well have been released on the DS.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
it'd be nice if the OP could put together a simple text list, ordered by date (eg launch, spring, 2011, TBC etc). Browsing that list of pictures (and even the nintendo site) is a pain.

Is Layton huge in Japan, and is that new one 3DS only? if so I guess that plus nintencats is a guaranteed system seller.

Top Bottom