• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Portable coming to the EU courtesy of Ghostlight

Volcynika

Hi all,

First up, Happy New Year!

We're back from the Christmas holidays with a bang, so lets get straight to our first announcement, and it's a goodie: we're happy to announce that Idea Factory's awesome S-RPG 'Spectral Souls: Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires' (PSP) will be available to buy from the PSN store on 26th January 2011. To support the release we also have a dedicated 'SS:RotEE' website, giving more details about the game. Go and check it out! :)

Right, now on to the BIG news for the early part of 2011. As some people have already speculated via an erroneous product entry on a major games retailers website, we will be releasing the seminal 'Persona 3 Portable' for PSP in 2011! Funnily enough at that time we were only in early discussions with Atlus; not a contract in sight. However, all that aside, we've been lucky enough to secure 'P3P' for a European release since then, which is a happy coincidence! :) Still, the extra activity online certainly hasn't hurt, so thanks for all the enquiries we've had. Anyhow, we're now in a position to confirm that YES; WE ARE DOING THE GAME!

Details aren't totally fleshed out yet, but we can confirm that, for the collectors out there, there will be a boxed version including some 'Collector's Edition' - type goodies for you to obsess over! ;) And - for the environmentally conscious among you - we'll also be releasing a PSN download version. When we have more firm news you'll find it here first.

As quite a few of you e-mail us with your ideas for games you would like us to bring to the European market, and ask questions on the products we already have for sale, we're also aiming to publish a Ghostlight blog in the very near future. This way it'll be easier for us to manage your questions and get you more info, more quickly. So, once the blog has been born, be sure to sign up to the RSS feed.

In the meantime, to keep up to date with all things Ghostlight related, please check back here regularly. Also, don't forget we have Twitter and Facebook pages where smaller pieces of info are leaked every now and then.

So, 'til the next instalment of J-RPG goodness; happy gaming!

The Ghostlight Team

Good for EU peoples. Thanks to Celedin for retweeting this and bringing it to my attention! Also a release date for one of the Spectral Souls games is in the news as well.

Glad to hear it finally confirmed, too few of Atlus' games get released over here. Also good news about the dual release, that way I can keep the collectors copy mint and be able to play it on the PSP Go.

Peff

So the leak was true... I hope it's an actual Europe-wide release though, I think Ghostlight doesn't distribute stuff in Spain and Italy.

snap0212

Nice, but it took way too long. You can get the game for like 30€ now and who the hell would wait even longer for a game that will most likely be more expensive when it'll finally be out in Europe?

Omikaru

Hell yeah! I was so close to importing this and playing on my old 1000, but now I can get it on PSN for my Go. :D

Don

Great news!

I sent a few emails to them before asking about the listings for P3P showing up on some retailer sites but they never replied back. Good to see it come true.

It would be great if Ghostlight would bring over some of the other Atlus games that are still yet to be released in Europe. I don't think any Atlus game since Persona 4 has been released here yet.

Pooya

Peff said:
So the leak was true... I hope it's an actual Europe-wide release though, I think Ghostlight doesn't distribute stuff in Spain and Italy.
yeah, they are pretty much UK only I think; hopefully this is just for this game and not for future atlus console games, I hope others like S-E, koei, Bamco etc pick those up.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is why region locking the 3DS is going to be ultra shit. After 5 years of being able to import Atlus games at will, any EU players will be forced to import a US console and games or be forced to wait for hyper-limited, extremely late releases of only a handful of Atlus' full slate. I will be buying this just to give Atlus my support (plus I never finished the PS2 version).

Don

Volcynika said:
He might've been referring to Atlus developed games, but I'm not sure.
Yeah that's what I meant.

I would still love to see Strange Journey get a PAL release, and I was also looking forward to Devil Summoner 2 but I'm pretty sure that game has no chance of making it over now.

Kazzy

I didn't even realise it hadn't been released over here, explains the high prices when I was looking.

I imported it cheaply, but considering my affection for the series I might buy this for the collectors edition, never thought I'd say that about any game!

Is Spectral Souls just getting put up on the PSN now, or is this the first release of the game at all in Europe? It came out in the US like four years ago.

OMG Aero

I wish the PSN versions of PSP games worked on the PS3, even though I'm still playing through FES I'd like to give this a go someday but I have no plans of ever getting a PSP.
Depending on what the collectors bonuses are, I might get it anyway and see if I can borrow a friend's PSP.

Requeim

It's probably too late now, but i'd really want ghostlight to bring over this:

Devilsummoner2.jpg

sadface

Volcynika said:
...As some people have already speculated via an erroneous product entry on a major games retailers website, we will be releasing the seminal 'Persona 3 Portable' for PSP in 2011...
That's a cute way of using erroneous erroneously!

Volcynika said:
...type goodies for you to obsess over! ;)...
interest tingled, will watch :p

Volcynika said:
So, 'til the next instalment of J-RPG goodness; happy gaming!
Not an Agarest fan here but it seems it got them on track, keep them coming.

SalsaShark said:
Very cool

I wonder if this means Persona 3 will be translated into spanish for the first time ?
No, see Ghostlight PS2 SMT DDS 1 and 2.

Top Bottom