• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince Phillip vs 50 Cent: Who is the Master Troll? [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whose troll skill will reign supreme? It's Friday and I'm in favor of a silly thread to debate as a way to end the week.

In this corner: Prince Phillip
prince_phillip_narrowweb__300x498,0.jpg

Wikiquote said:
* The man who invented the red carpet needed his head examined.
o About to disembark on state visit to Brazil, November 1968. (quoted in Andrew Duncan, The Reality of Monarchy)

* You have mosquitoes. I have the Press.
o In a conversation with the matron of a hospital while on a tour of the Caribbean, 1966. (quoted in Andrew Duncan, The Reality of Monarchy)

* It seems to me that it's the best way of wasting money that I know of. I don't think investments on the moon pay a very high dividend.
o On the U.S. Apollo program, press conference in Sao Paulo, Brazil, November 1968. (quoted in Andrew Duncan, The Reality of Monarchy)

* How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?
o Said to a driving instructor in Scotland, he asked; "Long line of princely gaffes". BBC. March 1, 2002.

* If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed.
o Said in 1986 to a group of British students in China; "Long line of princely gaffes". BBC. March 1, 2002.

* You are a woman, aren't you?
o After accepting a gift from a Kenyan woman; "Long line of princely gaffes". BBC. March 1, 2002.

* If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it. (1986)
o "Long line of princely gaffes". BBC. March 1, 2002.

* British women can't cook. (1966)

* You managed not to get eaten then?
o Said to a British student in Papua New Guinea; "Long line of princely gaffes". BBC. March 1, 2002.

* People usually say that after a fire it is water damage that is the worst. We are still trying to dry out Windsor Castle.
o Said on a visit to Lockerbie in 1993 to a man who lived in a road where eleven people had been killed by wreckage from the Pan Am jumbo jet. "Prince Philip's gaffes". BBC. August 10, 1999.

* Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf.
o On a visit to the new National Assembly for Wales in Cardiff, said to a group of deaf children standing next to a Jamaican steel drum band; "Deaf insulted by duke's remark". BBC. May 27, 1999. ; "Long line of princely gaffes". BBC. March 1, 2002.

* Do you still throw spears at each other?
o Said in 2002 to a Indigenous Australian businessman; "Prince Philip's spear 'gaffe'". BBC. March 1, 2002. ; "Long line of princely gaffes". BBC. March 1, 2002.

* You can't have been here that long — you haven't got a pot belly.
o Said to a Briton in Budapest, Hungary (1993); "Long line of princely gaffes". BBC. March 1, 2002.

* Aren't most of you descended from pirates?
o Said in 1994 to an inhabitant of the Cayman Islands); "Long line of princely gaffes". BBC. March 1, 2002.

* Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed. (In 1981, in reference to the economic recession.)

* Ah good, there's so many over there you feel they breed them just to put in orphanages.
o Said while presenting a Duke of Edinburgh Award to a student. When informed that the young man was going to help out in Romania for six months, he asked if the student was going to help the Romanian orphans and was told that he was not; "Duke under fire for Romanian orphans 'joke'". Scotsman. July 8, 2006.

* "Well, you'll never fly in it, you're too fat to be an astronaut."
o Said at the University of Salford to a 13-year-old aspiring astronaut, who was wishing to fly the NOVA rocket; "Gift of the gaffe: Prince Philip’s top ten embarrassing moments". Daily Mirror. December 14, 2009.

* A gun is no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman.
o "Deaf insulted by duke's remark". BBC. May 27, 1999.

* I just wonder what it would be like to be reincarnated in an animal whose species had been so reduced in numbers than it was in danger of extinction. What would be its feelings toward the human species whose population explosion had denied it somewhere to exist... I must confess that I am tempted to ask for reincarnation as a particularly deadly virus.
o Foreword to Fleur Cowles, If I Were an Animal (William Morrow, publisher, 1987, ISBN 9780688061500)

* Do you know they're now producing eating dogs for the anorexics?
o Said in 2002 to a blind, wheelchair-bound woman who was accompanied by her guide dog; News - Telegraph.

* [That fuse box] "It looks as if it was put in by an Indian."
o Whilst on a tour of a factory in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1999 Prince Philip pointed out a fuse box that looked quite old. "Long line of princely gaffes". BBC. March 1, 2002.

* How can you tell the difference between them?
o Said to United States President Barack Obama after being told that Obama had met with The Chinese and Russian ambassadors along with David Cameron "Prince Philip makes a faux pas". Youtube. April 1, 2009.

* "There's a lot of your family in tonight"
o Said in November 2009 to a Mr Patel (common Indian Surname) at a reception for 400 British Indian businessmen at Buckingham Palace

* "Are you all one family?"
o Said to black dance troupe Diversity at the 2009 Royal Variety Performance; "Prince Philip asks Diversity, 'Are you all one family?'". The Mirror. December 20, 2009.

* "Oh, what, a strip club?"
o Response to Elizabeth Rendle, a 24-year-old, who, when introduced to the prince, said that she worked as a barmaid in a nightclub. "Prince Philip in strip club gaffe". Yahoo! News. March 12, 2010.

* "Constitutionally I don't exist."
o "Should the royals have real jobs?". BBC. January 27, 2011.

In this corner: 50 Cent
Untitled.jpg

This is the best I could find for a collection of a lot of his tweets, but feel free to add stuff from his Youtube videos

EDIT: Thanks to enzo for the YT links.

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/50-cent-invades-twitter-the
T61.jpg

T52.jpg

T41.jpg

T33.jpg

T22.jpg

T11.jpg

They are hilarious for completely different reasons. Phil for being a slightly unadjusted old man, Fiddy for being OUT OF HIS FUCKING MIND

mokeyjoe

Stephen Menary, 15, was blinded when he attempted to throw away an explosive device thrown by during an IRA attack back in 2002. He was later invited to the Queen’s jubilee celebration in Hyde Park.

“How much sight do you have left?” asked the Queen to the young hero.

“Not a lot, judging by the tie he’s wearing,” said Prince Philip before the young man had time to answer.

The Queen looked at him open-mouthed. A long silence followed.

"I don’t think a prostitute is more moral than a wife,but they are good for doing the same thing"

"When a man opens the car door for his wife,it’s either a new car or a new wife".

"Dontopedalogy is the science of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it,a science which I have practiced for a good many years".

enzo_gt said:
How do you link to 50s tweets but not his series of hilarious videos? The videos make him a troll, not tweets.
50 trolls Shyne.
50 destroys Fat Joe's career. Funnier addendum.
50 takes Ross' son and baby momma to Floyd Mayweathers house.
And everything Pimpin Curly. The list goes on I'm sure I'm missing some.

I didn't have a chance to add yet, but I'll add them in the OP. The Fat Joe one is great, but you forgot Ross's baby momma gets a fur coat, I think that was a separate one.

EDIT: Monkeyjoe ones lol

Guevara

If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.

Ok this one got me, lol

Enosh

“Not a lot, judging by the tie he’s wearing,”

holy shit, that's some master level trolling right there, 50 got nothing on this

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
50 Cent seems at least somewhat aware of his own idiocy, while Philip just seems like a terrible, terrible person. He's pretty goddamn funny, though.

dygiT said:
Is using the word troll ad nauseum trolling or ignorance?
A little of both I imagine.

Snuggler said:
50 Cent seems at least somewhat aware of his own idiocy, while Philip just seems like a terrible, terrible person. He's pretty goddamn funny, though.

You don't think, there is a chance, however small, that he knows and is just having fun at this point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Snuggler said:
What idiocy?

You mean his tendency to be a joker? Realizing 50 got bored sitting on wads of cash and decides to use the internet to entertain himself and simultaneously entertain others is important.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
50 cent is the best.

Phillip win by far... 50 has crazy money but Phillip has fuck you money. He can literally say anything to anyone at any time.

enzo_gt said:
What idiocy?

You mean his tendency to be a joker? Realizing 50 got bored sitting on wads of cash and decides to use the internet to entertain himself and simultaneously entertain others is important.

Yea, some of his clips really cracked me up.

SUPREME1

Banned
crazy monkey said:
50 cent is actually smart business men and self made man not some one's bitch.

Dr. Dre
Eminem
Interscope

They made 50. 50 then ran with it though, which is what he should be praised for. He did good once he got there.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it. (1986)

wow. but true.

Dennis

Banned
* "Are you all one family?"
o Said to black dance troupe Diversity at the 2009 Royal Variety Performance; "Prince Philip asks Diversity, 'Are you all one family?'". The Mirror. December 20, 2009.
wow

magash

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
The IRA bomb victim is pretty atrocious.

The guy just doesn't give a fuck and I personally feel that as a leader its not acceptable. It's quite insensitive and cruel of him...and why for the love of God does he have a boner in that picture?the man is truly something else

ImperialConquest said:
Dr. Dre
Eminem
Interscope

They made 50. 50 then ran with it though, which is what he should be praised for. He did good once he got there.
Uh...might need to brush up on your Hip-Hop history. I was buying 50 cent mix tapes years before he has shit to do with any of them. 50 was on his grind, growing his popularity for years before signing with them.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
What is Fiddys charitable side like? Prince Phillip actually does alot of campaining to help out the less developed parts of the commonwealth.

Router said:
What is Fiddys charitable side like? Prince Phillip actually does alot of campaining to help out the less developed parts of the commonwealth.

Yeah, I noticed a lot of his other quotes at wikiquotes were also about conservation, still lots of horrible ones too.

-Pyromaniac- said:
lol 50 taking rick ross's wife and kid to see mayweather is just too much to handle.
Yeah, those ones are hilarious!

cntr

Banned
mokeyjoe said:
Stephen Menary, 15, was blinded when he attempted to throw away an explosive device thrown by during an IRA attack back in 2002. He was later invited to the Queen’s jubilee celebration in Hyde Park.

“How much sight do you have left?” asked the Queen to the young hero.

“Not a lot, judging by the tie he’s wearing,” said Prince Philip before the young man had time to answer.

The Queen looked at him open-mouthed. A long silence followed.

oh my god

Master Z

MWS Natural said:
Uh...might need to brush up on your Hip-Hop history. I was buying 50 cent mix tapes years before he has shit to do with any of them. 50 was on his grind, growing his popularity for years before signing with them.
Yeah, but without the backing of Dre and Em would 50 have gotten as popular and successful as he his? Most likely not. 50 has great business acumen but without the help of those two he would not be as successful as he is today.

NIN90

* "Well, you'll never fly in it, you're too fat to be an astronaut."
o Said at the University of Salford to a 13-year-old aspiring astronaut, who was wishing to fly the NOVA rocket; "Gift of the gaffe: Prince Philip’s top ten embarrassing moments". Daily Mirror. December 14, 2009.

Shattering a boy's dream just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom