• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crysis 2 screens, ded servers(PC), nanosuit showroom launched and C2TV ep4

markao

Some new stuff and some older that got buried in old thread reposted here ;)

Dedicated Servers for PC Announced (No shocker, but similar to other EA games, rent only, no free ded. server files.:( )

MyCrysis Nanosuit Showroom Online!

Welcome to the Nanosuit Showroom!Today we are pleased to unveil the Nanosuit showroom hosted by MyCrysis! Over time we will update the showroom with more Nanosuit modules and sections until eventually you will have the full Nanosuit showroom at your fingertips.

Crysis 2 developer interview (at xboxgaming.co.za)

c2tv ep 4 - video (at Gamersyde (AI & animation talk) (audio is not synced with video)

Screens:

pier24mr0.jpg

drop_shipmmlf.jpg

undergroundwmq4.jpg

combat25mmv.jpg

combat1tmjb.jpg

skylinemmfo.jpg

...safe to assume these are X360 screenshots. Right? Lol. Good (expected) news concerning dec. servers, sorta. Edit: watching Ep. 4 now, pretty awesome stuff.

Mr_Brit

Banned
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
...safe to assume these are X360 screenshots. Right? Lol. Good (expected) news concerning dec. servers, sorta.
Yes. All screenshots released so far have been either console screenshots or the PC version running at console settings. We've yet to see what the PC version maxed out will look like.

Mr_Brit said:
Yes. All screenshots released so far have been either console screenshots or the PC version running at console settings. We've yet to see what the PC version maxed out will look like.

Suh-weet. I (really) hope to play this on the PC platform. I only own a PS3, so the likeliness of me purchasing/playing it is quite slim. I want to experience this one at it's full visual fidelity... or as close as possible.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Dedicated servers are a feature now? You know, instead of STOCK STANDARD? Ugh, where is PC gaming going? >:|

i'm sure it will look okay in motion. yeah... okay, cause the aliassing is kinda noticabe.
And i fucking hate jaggies. They RUIN graphics..

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Zzoram said:
I miss the days when we could get maxed out PC screens, not this console settings on a PC crap.
Gaf declares PC shots of multi-plat games to be bullshots because they refuse to believe that games can look that good. Or something like that. It happens every fucking time new Batman shots hit.

sam27368

Banned
As much as I want to believe, I don't think it'll look that much better on maxed out PC settings. We'll see though!

Zzoram

Stallion Free said:
Gaf declares PC shots of multi-plat games to be bullshots because they refuse to believe that games can look that good. Or something like that. It happens every fucking time new Batman shots hit.

Console GAF lives in 2006 and can't fathom what 2011 games look like. Not our fault, I want the real PC screenshots to see what the benefit of a video card upgrade would be.

RickA238

These screens are from the PS2 version, right? I swear, those suits in image 4 are direct asset grabs from Olga's cyborg ninja suit in Metal Gear Solid 2
with added ass pads.

These screens almost made me vomit. I'm think I'm gonna do a media blackout for this game from now on until I actually have the game installed on my PC. Excuse me while I go find a tissue to wipe away all the eye blood.

EA, what are you doing to Crytek?

Blizzard

Banned
Snuggler said:
those are clearly from a FMV
Kind of weird too. The running nanosuit guy almost looks like he was pasted into the picture to me (though there's a shadow at his foot), not to mention the super blurry legs but perfectly clear, perfectly non-aliased torso and head.

markao

Blizzard said:
Kind of weird too. The running nanosuit guy almost looks like he was pasted into the picture to me (though there's a shadow at his foot), not to mention the super blurry legs but perfectly clear, perfectly non-aliased torso and head.
It is actually shopped in, according to a Crytek dev ;)

This is supposedly a, from a leaked dx9 jan build, shot of PC footage, doing the rounds on the net today. (so not sure if an early build got leaked or just a few pics. of it, if not ok, just remove pic)

[edit]removed pic, its from illegal leaked build[/edit]

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
saelz8 said:
It's sad that dedicated servers for a PC game is news now.

It's sad that it has come to this.
It's even sadder that they're ass compared to what they used to be.

Blizzard

Banned
markao said:
It is actually shopped in, according to a Crytek dev ;)
Thanks, glad to know I'm not totally crazy. XD

Also, no matter matter how good the game is, I can't see there NOT being complaints about this game. Some people are going to be vocal about the image quality, the number of aliens vs. humans, how the suit powers are worse, and how things were dumbed down/made less open due to consoles. I am almost positive that it's going to be a controversial game, if that's the right word to use.

I'm not sure what else to compare it to. I feel that Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a better chance at being hailed as a good game than this will. I'm not sure I remember the last time the majority of people hailed a PC game as great without lots of complaints -- perhaps Just Cause 2, or the Left 4 Dead games? A fair number of people seemed to like Just Cause 2 even if it was in part a console port (I don't know the details).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If these are from the PC version, the consoles have seriously gimped it. I played the Crysis demo today and it looks great. I bought BFBC2 as well, both run like butter.

Blizzard

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
The hell! Why is the PC version also so blurry?
If you mean the earlier screens, don't trust them. If you mean the leaked screen, maybe whatever AA technique they're using? If it's MLAA it's going to blur, as far as I know.

iam220

I'm assuming those are console screenshots? If so they're some of the best I've seen.

Metalmurphy said:
The hell! Why is the PC version also so blurry?

Who cares, one of the thousands of console commands will surely turn off any filter or blur that might be on by default. If the textures suck than there will be texture packs to replace them. As long as its based on the cryengine this game will be a visual powerhouse on the PC.

Zzoram said:
Console GAF lives in 2006 and can't fathom what 2011 games look like. Not our fault, I want the real PC screenshots to see what the benefit of a video card upgrade would be.

I'm getting a new pc this month. I hope I never succumb to this type of attitude. Why don't you create a company and do things your way?

Edit: Console Gaf: lives in 2006
PC Gaf: lives by sucking the blood out of Console Gaf
Conclusion: Stop being a whiny vampire and attempt to create productive discussion material.

Zzoram

AllIsOneIsNone said:
I'm getting a new pc this month. I hope I never succumb to this type of attitude. Why don't you create a company and do things your way?

Edit: Console Gaf: lives in 2006
PC Gaf: lives by sucking the blood out of Console Gaf
Conclusion: Stop being a whiny vampire and attempt to create productive discussion material.
If God of War 4 was a PS2 and PS3 release and the PS3 version was using PS2 assets, well, you get the picture.

Top Bottom