• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS 'as exciting as Dreamcast launch' - Ono from Capcom

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Capcom thinks the Nintendo 3DS is as exciting as the Sega Dreamcast launch (and that's a good thing).

That's according to Street Fighter head Yoshinori Ono, who told Edge magazine the publisher is "fascinated" with Nintendo's handheld.

Asked why he chose the Nintendo 3DS as his next development platform, Ono-san said:

"First, we are in Nintendo country. Second, the feeling I have with 3DS is the same as when the Dreamcast came out - as a developer, I mean, these machines are so exciting.

"We're fascinated by it at Capcom, and diving into the innards at the moment, but you know there's just so much more there to unlock; it's got more to give."

Super Street Fighter IV 3D is arguably the biggest title in the 3DS launch line-up - and that's not an accident; Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told investors last month he wants to give third-parties more attention at launch.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/288718/news/3ds-as-exciting-as-dreamcast-launch-ono/?

Wait... does this means Nintendo will exit the console business within two years from now?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SSFIV has been getting good previews, so I hope it does well at launch.

shagg_187 said:
NO! Don't curse it!!

Lol that was my first thought!

I can see what he means though, with how 3rd party games are being given a key focus (and how SSF3DS takes the place of Power Stone as Capcom's launch fighting game)

I hope he meant the US Dreamcast launch and not trolling by meaning the Japanese one (what was it again? Super buggy verison 0.9 of Sonic Adventure, Godzilla and Pen Pen Triathalon?)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Only because Capcom has something of worth at a launch of a Nintendo console for once.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nintendo can use this angle and advertise to the 20 or so people who bought a Dreamcast at launch.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How long until Marvel Vs. Capcom 3DS?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hilarious. I know he meant it as a positive comment but he had to have known what a negative connotation it would have within the gaming community.

Trevelyon

Wow! I couldn't sleep in the days preceding the Dreamcast launch, and I'm fairly sure I'll be sleeping right through the 3DS launch.

Give me some of that hype herb, Ono.

AceBandage said:
Wait... He got to go to Nintendo Country?
Damnit! I want to go!
Choose your travelling method:

180px-NSMBWarp_Cannon.PNG

oot-ocarina.jpg

Warpstar.jpg

matmanx1

Thanks, Ono! Now how about putting a Darkstalkers on there for me?

I'm pretty excited about the technology behind the 3DS but still a little disappointed that all the titles I really want to play aren't actually launch titles but some months later. Let's hope the exciting Third Party developer support hits rather quickly.

Only Nintendo has the power to repel curses like this thrown at them and survive.

Anyway, if I know Capcom they'll follow up the early success and excitement of SSF4 doing well on 3DS with Street Fighter dating sims.

mclem

Out of interest, were the environments in the original Resident Evil titles hand-drawn or rendered? If the latter, it's crossed my mind that it *might* be possible to dig out the old environment data if so, and adjust the cameras appropriately to make 3D versions of them.

Hey, I can dream. But I've never actually played RE2, and it's generally regarded as the best in the early series.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Majine said:
3DS forcing Nintendo out of console business comfirmed!

3DS making Nintendo third party on Sony consoles confirmed.

Hey, I can dream. But I've never actually played RE2, and it's generally regarded as the best in the early series.

Rendered, but at 420x380 (IE: Playstation Resolution). It's why the "REmake" had redone art/textures and all that in it's rendering, because the original's were so small.

Don't count on a 3D Biohazard 2 remake.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D is arguably the biggest title in the 3DS launch line-up
That... is an argument that is begging to be stepped on by puppies and professors.
AceBandage said:
Damnit! I want to go!
20110214nintendocountry.jpg

mclem said:
Out of interest, were the environments in the original Resident Evil titles hand-drawn or rendered? If the latter, it's crossed my mind that it *might* be possible to dig out the old environment data if so, and adjust the cameras appropriately to make 3D versions of them.

Pre-rendered. But even if going back to the old files was a possibility, I think if they were going to bother with more than a quicky port they'd redo it GCN REmake style anyway.

EatChildren

AceBandage said:
Damnit! I want to go!

340x_dadcf881ea15ac2c33f780ff182df020.jpg

TheSeks said:
3DS making Nintendo third party on Sony consoles confirmed.

Rendered, but at 420x380 (IE: Playstation Resolution). It's why the "REmake" had redone art/textures and all that in it's rendering, because the original's were so small.

Don't count on a 3D Biohazard 2 remake.

well wouldn't that work on the 3DS screen? i mean i know it's a dream, but even if all they have is the 2D 420 x 380 renders, they could tweak those into 3D like some people do with photos or screenshots... it just wouldn't work with the slider i don't think.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I would be happy if Revelations turns out to be as awesome as Code Veronica on DC.

Top Bottom