• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island - GDC info and screens

Dennis

Banned
- Its going to be an open-world game.

- Devs call it a Zombi-slasher Action-RPG. Guy who have seen it calls it Left4Dead meets Fallout: New Vegas.

- 4 or 5 character classes with talent trees to put skill points into. Tank, Assassin, Leader, Jack-of-all-trades

- Crafting of objects

- Day and Night areas

- Slow, lumbering zombies, fast agressive zombies and exploding zombies

- Probably not zombie children

- PC, 360 and PS3 in 2011

Second half of this chat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyjhixmcEdI&hd=1

GameTrailers GDC 11: Zombie Slaying Interview

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-dead-island/711224

Hope we get some more info on this game at GDC. Please post it here if you find any

dead-island-20110302012917859.jpg

dead-island-20110302012920859.jpg

dead-island-20110302012924343.jpg

dead-island-20110302012927749.jpg

dead-island-20110302012930921.jpg

dead-island-20110302012933733.jpg

dead-island-20110302012936921.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So it's Dead Rising Sports Resort?

Zombies are way played out, but DR is awesome and I like the concept of this game. Will keep an eye on it.

wwm0nkey

I really hope more people dont bitch about this having zombies in it, its a different type of zombie game than most that are on the market right now.

Seriously this and Class 3 & 4 are going to be the last zombie games I need.

Looks so dramatic. Those screenshots stirred my soul.

Could be fun, I hope it's as comedic as those screenshots look.

Were you expecting something dramatic? I thought that trailer was pretty lame. Like it was entertaining but just another Mad World (Gears). Outsourced to a film director and not indicative of the tone of the game at all.

From the screens and description I'm expecting an open world RPG'd up Left 4 Dead or Dead Rising. Sounds ambitious, hopefully they pull it off.

Dennis

Banned
The info so far (updated OP)

- Its going to be an open-world game.

- Devs call it a Zombi-slasher Action-RPG. Guy who have seen it calls it Left4Dead meets Fallout: New Vegas.

- 4 or 5 character classes with talent trees to put skill points into. Tank, Assassin, Leader, Jack-of-all-trades

- Crafting of objects

- Day and Night areas

- Slow, lumbering zombies, fast agressive zombies and exploding zombies

- Probably not going to have zombie children

- PC, 360 and PS3 in 2011

Replicant

Discotheque said:
Were you expecting something dramatic? I thought that trailer was pretty lame. Like it was entertaining but just another Mad World (Gears). Outsourced to a film director and not indicative of the tone of the game at all.

Well, I don't know to be honest. I guess in some ways, yeah. I thought it'd be more original. Maybe it'll have a more film-like narrative structure instead of bashing through countless zombies.

I'm getting a strong Dead Rising feeling when I see those screens. I don't like that, I've had enough of that. Left 4 Dead meets Fallout sounds better.

Let's see what the future brings.

snap0212

DennisK4 said:
- Probably not going to have zombie children
Why not? Because they're too afraid some people might criticize them if they did include child zombies?

Zombie outbreak, everyone turns into a zombie but children do not? Where did they go? Neverland-Ranch?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
As long as it does not have time-based missions I am on board, I hated that in Dead Rising. Left 4 Dead meets Fallout 3 sounds awesome.

JWong

Banned
snap0212 said:
Why not? Because they're too afraid some people might criticize them if they did include child zombies?

Zombie outbreak, everyone turns into a zombie but children do not? Where did they go? Neverland-Ranch?
Probably because the console manufacturers wouldn't let that stuff on their system.

Barakov

It seems they're doing enough to set it apart from other zombie games. I'm going to keep on a eye on it.

Top Bottom