• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom aiming to make 'the perfect Devil May Cry', aiming for 90+ reviews

PJX

Capcom aiming to make DMC the best game in the franchise so far

Searched but couldn't find anything. Delet if already been posted.

LINK

"But we haven't handed over the family silver to some strangers we are working with Ninja Theory on this together. We believe that by going down this route we can breathe new life into the franchise and make a game that sits above DMC3 for this generation."
CVG said:
Talking about Devil May Cry games of the past, onlyonet said,

"Lets be honest they were great games (averageing in the low 80's on metacritic) but not perfect. We're now aiming to make the perfect DMC game that gets 90's"

Good luck with that Capcom.

Empty

so they are switching gears, firing ninja theory and giving it to kamiya and platinum games.

if not their aim isn't very good.

Xater

Well they are already going about it the wrong way....

"Combine all the best elements of Capcom and Ninja Theory you will have one of the greatest DMC titles ever created... and that people is what we're working towards."

Someone remind me what NT is good at, except for their cutscenes.

Gravijah

I'm not aware of any developer that isn't trying to make their games better than prior games in the series.

Ninja Theory must get really nervous every time Capcom talks about their expectations for this game. First they want it to sell over 5 million copies and now they want it to average over 90%

Xater

Gravijah said:
I'm not aware of any developer that isn't trying to make their games better than prior games in the series.

I don't know, Core Design got pretty good at that.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So are they starting development on this now or are they gonna wait until Ninja Theory is finished?

The CyberConnect game could get this high ratings, if Capcom supports them instead of NT. Otherwise DMC can get high ratings, but I do not think it will be a seller.

mello

I think we already knew Capcom exaggerate expectations on there products.
But seriously much lower expectations are required with people like NT. :/

"Lets be honest they were great games (averageing in the low 80's on metacritic) but not perfect. We're now aiming to make the perfect DMC game that gets 90's"

NT's highest rated game (Enslaved) averages in the low 80's.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
You can't get the perfect score by being 30 FPS, Capcom.

szaromir

Banned
I remember times when Heavenly Sword hype on GAF was through the roof, with half of the people having Nariko avatars and whatnot.

GreatSage

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Ninja Theory must get really nervous every time Capcom talks about their expectations for this game. First they want it to sell over 5 million copies and now they want it to average over 90%

Yeah, if I was an employee of NT, I'd be sending my CV to places.

Yoboman

Xater said:
Well they are already going about it the wrong way....

Someone remind me what NT is good at, except for their cutscenes.
Um visuals? Story (maybe)?

To be honest, if Ninja Theory's games had the quality gameplay of any of the DMC games it'd probably be a 90+ game. This game's success depends on how little control NT has on the gameplay really

Gravijah

Nuclear Muffin said:
Setting a budget aside to pay for 90%+ reviews already I see...

Only for Famitsu. Western media would never take cash for favorable reviews. Free gifts, maybe.

They have morals, damn it.

Ywap

I must be the only one that thinks DMC 4 runs circles around Bayonetta.

Legendary Dark Knight mode in the PC version is the undisputed king in the genre imo.

As for Ninja Theory... i don´t know but i have my doubts. I haven´t tried Heavenly Sword but the Enslaved demo wasn´t very good.

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
Only for Famitsu. Western media would never take cash for favorable reviews. Free gifts, maybe.

They have morals, damn it.
I wonder where they're gonna fly them to review the game.

V_Arnold

Ywap said:
I must be the only one that thinks DMC 4 runs circles around Bayonetta.

Yep, the only one. But it is okay, DMC4 is not bad, it is a good game also.

Kyoufu said:
Ninja Theory couldn't make a 90+ game even if their jobs depended on it. Faith for DmC = zero. :(

What the...?
Backseat Gods amongst us? o_O

Xater

Yoboman said:
Um visuals? Story (maybe)?

Story in a DMC game? who gives a shit.

I don#t really enjoy the style of Heavenly Sword or Enslaved. Also their games run like shit.

Well if thats the case then I think they are right on track. The cool design for Dante is simply phenomenal and seems to be exactly what I needed to be pulled into and interested in the series. Now, if they show good excellent gameplay, I will truly be hooked into nabbing this on day 1 whenever it releases and enjoying it.

Given the massively negative feedback to everything revealed about the game so far, I'd hope Capcom actually meant they're aiming for 90+ sales...

MarshMellow96 said:
Sounds like one of those 2-part meme things

*We want a 90+ game*

*Outsources to NT*

smh..

Heh. More like the slacker guy meme: "Promises great DMC... outsources to Ninja Theory" ;-)

the TMO

resident-evil-4-20040818025735767.jpg

zlatko

Banned
I sure as shit hope this is some kind of joke. Unless the character got another complete overhaul to not look like a douche, then they are already screwed.

hamchan

SolidSnakex said:
NT's highest rated game (Enslaved) averages in the low 80's.
Yep, so put old DMC and Ninja Theory together and what do we get?

That's right, a metacritic of 160 something.

Even before factoring Ninja Theory into the equation, the use of UE3 instead of MT Framework has already guaranteed that this can't be 'the perfect Devil May Cry.'

Oh and even when it comes to the cutscenes there's no possible way DmC will be better than DMC3SE. Yuji Shimomura is too awesome and too hilarious.

Empty

MarshMellow96 said:
Sounds like one of those 2-part meme things

*We want a 90+ game*

*Outsources to NT*

smh..

also

*we want to sell 5 million copies like god of war*

*outsources to ninja theory*

Top Bottom