• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about ordering stuff from Japan right now

I know I may be acting a little silly (and dumb) with this question, but what do you guys think about ordering stuff right now from Japan? Is it safe? Should I postpone my orders until the situation becomes more stable? Since services are all down, I assume the mail system is also affected. Another even dumber question: is there any risk of radioactivity since there is a large area affected by the nuclear powerplants damaged by the earthquake?

And my condolencies to all fatalities from the recent tragedy, my best wishes to all the Japanese people.

LiK

You can order but import sites like NCS and HLJ said that all shipments from Japan are currently halted.

Ploid 3.0

Even if you ordered something that was dipped in radioactive goo it probably wouldn't make it to you. That stuff would be screened and taken care of in customs I believe. Even my button sized item from China was screened by inspectors before getting to me.

LiK said:
You can order but import sites like NCS and HLJ said that all shipments from Japan are currently halted.

I usually go directly to the source and import using Ami-Ami. But I do not know if they held their services.

LiK

Chiaroscuro said:
I usually go directly to the source and import using Ami-Ami. But I do not know if they held their services.
AmiAmi is probably the same. HLJ is based in Japan and they can't ship anything atm.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Even if you ordered something that was dipped in radioactive goo it probably wouldn't make it to you. That stuff would be screened and taken care of in customs I believe. Even my button sized item from China was screened by inspectors before getting to me.

I know that is the way the stuff should work, but I do not live in US, so I have to trust the Japanese outgoing mail system to do that, not our incoming system. I know I am being silly, but never hurts to share our doubts.

Top Bottom