• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken/Asura's Wrath At Capcom's Captivate in April, DmC News Soon

ezekial45

Banned
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/20/street-fighter-x-tekken-will-be-at-this-years-captivate-event/

The link has a couple pics from the game as well.

"Capcom’s annual “Captivate” event will be taking place in early April, and preparations are being made across the company to get different games ready to show off at the event. Street Fighter IV producer, Yoshinori Ono, for instance, is hard at work on Street Fighter x Tekken."

Also, since Capcom's 3DS event was recently canceled, theres a possibility we'll see Mega Man Legends 3 moved to this event.

One last thing; on the recent Ask Capcom event, Sven said that there will be new DmC info coming very soon. "The Wait is not much longer." Both Sven and Seth Killian have played it, and they said it was "very cool stuff". So it seems likely that it'll be there.
EDIT: Actually, on a earlier chat back in February, Sven said that everyone will be "pleasantly surprised" by it.

Captivate takes places on the 7th of April, so we should seeing so cool stuff there. Unfortunately, the embargo doesn't end until the week after.

Awesome, wonder if there's going to be any surprises like last year.

Edit: Didn't Capcom recently say they're going to be bringing back some older IP's in the near future?

ezekial45

Banned
Whoops, misspelled April.

Anyway, i hope that Mega Man Universe isn't dead. Maybe it went through a redesign or something.

Ferrio said:
Someone actually gives a damn about the new DmC?
I do...assuming capcom hasn't given development away entirely. I have no hope in ninja theory, but I don't mind the new visual take and alternate Dante. The only thing worth keeping from DMC was the mechanical depth and smooth framerate/animation. The rest of it was forgettable. If it plays like DMC, but looks the way it does now, it will be a nice change of pace. Music that isn't horrid and a story worth the disk its pressed to wouldn't hurt either.

If

Ferrio said:

I don't know, there's something oddly fascinating about a company gambling the reputation of their franchise on a company whose lead designers seems to want to turn it into a vanity project for how hip and cool his hairstyle is.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
God's Beard said:
I can see DmC being better than DMC4. As long as Ninja Theory doesn't get to decide the combat system.
Maybe on the PC. 30fps doesn't cut it for a fast action game. You lose visual fluency.

rvy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I just want a final confirmation on two things. The framerate and the combat system.
30 fps, Heavenly Sword's combat with guns.

You heard it here first.

God's Beard said:
It's 30 fps?

It's UE3 so that's a strong possibility. Netherrealm managed to get MK up to 60fps (and 720p), but that's a fighting game. An action game is obviously a completely different issue.

SolidSnakex said:
It's UE3 so that's a strong possibility. Netherrealm managed to get MK up to 60fps (and 720p), but that's a fighting game. An action game is obviously a completely different issue.
I don't think I've ever turned around on a game as fast as I just did with this post. If they don't do everything in their power to move this shit at 60fps...

JoeFenix

I think it's hilarious how Dante is becoming popular with a whole new crowd of people because of MVC3 and instead of taking advantage of that they just take a dump on the character....

Game has no chance in hell of being good.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Is the new DMC the one with the young Dante that looks likes some European pop star or did I miss a game in the series?

ezekial45

Banned
God's Beard said:
It's 30 fps?

A community manager on NT's forums said it was running at 30fps on the unreal engine back in October. The combat system is going to be different, that's for sure.

Also, Asura's Wrath runs on UE3 and at 30fps as well. Just to be fair.

ezekial45 said:
A community manager on NT's forums said it was running at 30fps on the unreal engine back in October. The combat system is going to be different, that's for sure.

We don't even know what kind of game it is (Do we?)
Seeing that it doesn't have a legacy to live up to, then no, you aren't being fair..

SykoTech

ezekial45 said:
Anyway, i hope that Mega Man Universe isn't dead. Maybe it went through a redesign or something.

Eh, I kinda do. I'm a bit tired of the "MegaMan 2" scene, even if Universe seemed a bit more ambitious than the last two. I'd like to see a return of the retail MegaMan games. Just because the MegaMan X games took a nosedive doesn't mean that they had to stop entirely.

JoeFenix

Ninja Theory can't even make a game that runs at a solid 30 fps, both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were horrible technicaly.

I was really hoping they would cancel this thing but atleast i'm gonna get a laugh out of it!

zoukka

JoeFenix said:
Ninja Theory can't even make a game that runs at a solid 30 fps, both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were horrible technicaly.

Which still doesn't mean that they can't make a game above 30fps. Every single dev can do this. But seeing they are tied to UE, it's very unlikely.

Ferrio said:

of all the bad will that Ninja Theory brings to the game, we could end up with a Dead Rising 2 situation, where the game turns out pretty good. If Capcom has Japanese designers instructing Ninja Theory like Blue Castle had, it might yet be better than DMC2.

I'm just trying to stay positive after this series got inexplicably rebooted.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ezekial45 said:

Asura's Wrath looks fucking insane even compared to DmC's shitty trailer. So, not matter how you compare them, it still isn't fair. =P Cyber Connect2 is five hundred times the developer Ninja Thoery is.

Only game I'm looking forward to out of Capcom. DmC is garbage. SF x Tekken doesn't interest me at all. =/

ezekial45

Banned
I was speaking on technical level. Since they're using similar technology. Also, we haven't even really seen the game (DmC) in real action yet. The combat system wasn't in place back in the debut video, which was only about four-five months in to dev at that point.

Anyway, my point is that i feel it's too early to judge. That's all. I want to give them a chance to prove themselves.

jvalioli

Smision said:
of all the bad will that Ninja Theory brings to the game, we could end up with a Dead Rising 2 situation, where the game turns out pretty good. If Capcom has Japanese designers instructing Ninja Theory like Blue Castle had, it might yet be better than DMC2.

I'm just trying to stay positive after this series got inexplicably rebooted.
DMC2 is a pretty good benchmark

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ezekial45 said:
I was speaking on technical level. Since they're using similar technology. Also, we haven't even really seen the game (DmC) in real action yet. The combat system wasn't in place back in the debut video, which was only about four-five months in to dev at that point.

Anyway, my point is that i feel it's too early to judge. That's all. I want to give them a chance to prove themselves.

So, Heavenly Sword and Enslaved isn't enough for them to have proven themselves? lol

ezekial45

Banned
Kintaro said:
So, Heavenly Sword and Enslaved isn't enough for them to have proven themselves? lol

I actually really liked Enslaved. It was on my top 10 from last year. I understand why people didn't like it though. I was pretty lukewarm on HS though.

LiK

DmC info will be that Vergil is now your sister and Lady is actually your mother's twin sister.

Dali

ezekial45 said:

Asura's Wrath - Game developed by proven developer with track record of fondly received games. Also new IP with zero expectations.

DmC - Developed by company that has never had any focus on fps. 5th in a series of games that have all run at 60fps.

How is that being fair?

jvalioli said:
DMC2 is a pretty good benchmark

lol, I know that doesn't sound hopeful.

I would buy and maybe be happy with something that's in between DMC2 and 4, quality wise (I consider those two to be the worst, but there's a large gap between them, as I like 4 a lot.) Obviously, I would rather have something better than 4. And the idea that Ninja Theory could make a game better than DMC3/SE seems downright impossible, so I'm not even putting that on the table (though that would be optimal.)

ezekial45

Banned
Dali said:
Asura's Wrath - Game developed by proven developer with track record of fondly received games. Also new IP with zero expectations.

DmC - Developed by company that has never had any focus on fps. 5th in a series of games that have all run at 60fps.

How is that being fair?

Again, i was speaking purely about the technology, in reference to people saying it couldn't be done at 30fps.

Top Bottom